• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convincing you partner that he NEEDS another trip...

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hello all!!

As I know a lot of you are in my boat (would go to Disney as much as possible and never tire of it, or see it as a waste of money) but have "level headed" partners...

How do you go about making them realise another trip is needed?

Once we got back Jack was like, DEFINITELY xmas! And maybe we can squeeze in a Halloween trip!

But now all his Disney joy has worn off and he thinks its unnecessary and we shoud save our money for Vegas next year. Which is a good plan but Vegas is all the way in September and we're only gonna be DINKS(*) for a couple more years now. So I say once we've saved off the top and paid all our bills why not spend it on holidays?!?!

My mum says the trick is to let them think it was their idea to go....but how do I do this?!?!

*(double income no kids)

Save the money for Vegas!

Vegas was awesome when I went three years ago, I only wish I'd had more money as Vegas aint as much fun on a budget

:thumbsup2

Hmmm tricky...

There's the "guilt trip" of - "gee Jack, I'm worried if we go to Vegas I'll spend the time wishing I were in Disney. One more DLP fix would stop all that, honest" *bat eyelashes*

There's the "sensible" - "I understand we need to save for Vegas but it is an awfully long way off, maybe just the one trip at Xmas/H'ween?"

And the "compromise" - "Okay, we def need to save for Vegas but how about we look into a short stay/low peak prices?"

.. the "lure" - "If we can go back to DLP this year I'll wear that naughty Snow White outfit off Ebay" *wink wink*

or if he's more of a softie the "soppy" - "Just think how magical it would be at Christmas.. the romantic snowy setting.."

Finally the "evil" - "Demonica off those boards said it's wicked at Halloween and if we don't go she'll put some kind of hex on us, we'd really better do as she says..."

Save the money for Vegas!

Vegas was awesome when I went three years ago, I only wish I'd had more money as Vegas aint as much fun on a budget

:thumbsup2

I suprised myself by not spending LOADS in vegas last time. our biggest expense was our helicopter trip to the canyon which was about £400 and SO worth it. I think its just hard to ever feel like you're spending loads in the states with the exchange at the minute.

Hmmm tricky...

There's the "guilt trip" of - "gee Jack, I'm worried if we go to Vegas I'll spend the time wishing I were in Disney. One more DLP fix would stop all that, honest" *bat eyelashes*

There's the "sensible" - "I understand we need to save for Vegas but it is an awfully long way off, maybe just the one trip at Xmas/H'ween?"

And the "compromise" - "Okay, we def need to save for Vegas but how about we look into a short stay/low peak prices?"

.. the "lure" - "If we can go back to DLP this year I'll wear that naughty Snow White outfit off Ebay" *wink wink*

or if he's more of a softie the "soppy" - "Just think how magical it would be at Christmas.. the romantic snowy setting.."

Finally the "evil" - "Demonica off those boards said it's wicked at Halloween and if we don't go she'll put some kind of hex on us, we'd really better do as she says..."

HAHAHA :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

I love it! you should write a book!

Hmmm, tricky...

I'd just book it and then tell him. Or give him the tickets day before going...

Seriously, good luck!!!

Hmmm tricky...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats soo funny.

I see what you mean Torsie- I'm just the same, we finished one hol and i'm thinking about the next- after all life is for enjoying!!! But my bf is def the sensible head- alto i know i can convince him if i really want too after NYE we said no more trips until 2009 and have decided we'll go in June -well after feeling i needed a disney fix i convinced him that going in sept/oct was a good idea and we agreed that we would wait until after we came back from Spain this month to decide whether to go or not. We havent talked about it because i want to stick to what we agreed in the first place- my bf loves disney as much as me while we're there but he doesnt want to do it all the time so i have to rememeber that and alto it seems like forever we'll enjoy going in June so much for waiting plus because we're not going we're getting to do other things like we went to see Lee Evans and we're going to see The Mighty Boosh which my bf will love and is his treat- we wouldnt be able to afford to otherwise. I guess you just have to compromise- altho i didnt do that too well as my comproise was that WDW was a good idea in 2010 :rotfl:

Thanks tigger. We sound very similar!!

I think my WDW trip might need to be moved back a year, and I'm hoping if I agree to do that then he might be more easy to convince for an xmas trip as I can do the whole, well I was good and postponed WDW so I need SOME disney! :)

Maybe I can get us a quick disney anaheim trip after Vegas next year??

HAHAHA :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

I love it! you should write a book!

I'll work on getting it inserted into the DLP guides ;)

Although to give a slightly more sensible answer... I remember when we came back at first I was "oh my god, we have to go back!" then that wore off and I was less bothered. After a little bit though we all got the bug again so it might be worth keeping a bit quiet, venting your Disney-ness here and mention it again in a month or two.

well..... i think demonica covered all options!!

when we got back (and before we got back lol) dh was all for going again - but in june next year.....

i obviously didnt want to wait that long, so surfed the net and said - wow, u can get some really good prices, and found dates that were cheaper than what wed just spent!

he said, yes, that sounds good, we will go in november..... and then, when was about to book it, he changed his mind, and said it wa too soon.... (too soon??? theres no such things as going back too soon :lmao: but of course i didnt say that!)

so, i then presented him with another set of dates, and said, looks it sounds lovely at christmas...... and then offered to work some overtime to 'help' pay for it.................. and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

BONUS! and not only that, he was happy with me buying the disney shares for the shareholders club, and sounded interested when i said we cud get money off another holiday (meaning that theres another chance of more disney magic after xmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am thinking march..... my birthday......:rotfl: :rotfl: )

so - i did win, but was subtle, with a lil compromise (of workin overtime).

u know jack best, so, i wud present him with sum xmas dates, i think before about 15th, its quite cheap and u get the extra day/night free too..... sounds better when u get sumthin free doesnt it??????

good luck and keep us posted!!!

it might be worth keeping a bit quiet, venting your Disney-ness here and mention it again in a month or two.

Yeah, I think I might wait until we are at the end of our trip in Sept, or once we get back, when he'll be nice and relaxed and then casually bring it up. Also watching disney films while we're away should get him thinking about it.

I always say to myself 'right, if I don't talk about it, then he's more likely to want to' but then I get too excited and blabble on at him and shoot myself in the foot at the same time!!

These boards have saved him a LOT of earache though!

If Jack doesnt want to go what about going with a friend?

Luckily i only have Kyra to convince of another trip and she isnt hard to pursuade lol. Though my doctor has advised me not to book any more trips after January, he thinks Disney is bad for my health LOL (hes actually being serious LOL)

Thanks tigger. We sound very similar!!

I think my WDW trip might need to be moved back a year, and I'm hoping if I agree to do that then he might be more easy to convince for an xmas trip as I can do the whole, well I was good and postponed WDW so I need SOME disney! :)

Maybe I can get us a quick disney anaheim trip after Vegas next year??

LOL u have it bad- I would love to visit Disneyland

I think you plan of waiting until after Sept would be good- at least he cant say ""we're going away in Sept". I think you need to make the point of how nice and special xmas at dlrp would be lol that how i got a yes for nye - i just went on about how different it would be to what we normally do etc ;) Altho tbh my bf just does whats he's told :rotfl: :rotfl: its only because i'm the holiday planner and he wants an easy life and just goes with the flow :rotfl:

If Jack doesnt want to go what about going with a friend?

Luckily i only have Kyra to convince of another trip and she isnt hard to pursuade lol. Though my doctor has advised me not to book any more trips after January, he thinks Disney is bad for my health LOL (hes actually being serious LOL)

I'm sure Emma and I would be willing to join you Torsie ;)

Oh no thats not good Emma :sad2:

Move over, allow the expert on this matter in!! :laughing:

My suggestions are: "Remember how you said we could go to Disney at Halloween or Christmas? Well, I was doing some research today, and I got this price *insert HIGH price here* for this date *insert date*......" Then, allow him to be shocked and feel a bit smug that he was 'right' about saving for Vegas. Then say: "But I found this price *insert bargain price* for January, just after Christmas, so we could see some of the Xmas decorations!" Then he'd think "Oooo! Thats a bargain! I'd be a fool to ignore that price!"....... Or, you could get a cheap deal for over bonfire night and see the fireworks!!

Or you could try the old: "But this would mean such a lot to me!" one, and sulk lots....

Or bat your eyelashes and promise him a meal in a fab restaurant at DLRP...

Or, the other, more extreme approach. Sulk lots, and then when he asks what's wrong, say the good ole' : "If you don't know then I'm not telling you!!" then let him catch you gazing longingly at a picture of DLRP, or, even better, your Disney snowglobe!!

:lmao:

Or, you could take the more direct approach of: "Jack, I know we're saving for Vegas, but I would really love to go back to Disneyland Paris. It might be our last chance to go as a couple before we have a family of our own!", or something along those lines......

Seriously though, I'd just explain how much you want to go back, and say that he seemed to want to go back too. Look into cheap deals, etc, and make him feel part of the choice. :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxox

Move over, allow the expert on this matter in!! :laughing:

My suggestions are: "Remember how you said we could go to Disney at Halloween or Christmas? Well, I was doing some research today, and I got this price *insert HIGH price here* for this date *insert date*......" Then, allow him to be shocked and feel a bit smug that he was 'right' about saving for Vegas. Then say: "But I found this price *insert bargain price* for January, just after Christmas, so we could see some of the Xmas decorations!" Then he'd think "Oooo! Thats a bargain! I'd be a fool to ignore that price!"....... Or, you could get a cheap deal for over bonfire night and see the fireworks!!

Or you could try the old: "But this would mean such a lot to me!" one, and sulk lots....

Or bat your eyelashes and promise him a meal in a fab restaurant at DLRP...

Or, the other, more extreme approach. Sulk lots, and then when he asks what's wrong, say the good ole' : "If you don't know then I'm not telling you!!" then let him catch you gazing longingly at a picture of DLRP, or, even better, your Disney snowglobe!!

:lmao:

Or, you could take the more direct approach of: "Jack, I know we're saving for Vegas, but I would really love to go back to Disneyland Paris. It might be our last chance to go as a couple before we have a family of our own!", or something along those lines......

Seriously though, I'd just explain how much you want to go back, and say that he seemed to want to go back too. Look into cheap deals, etc, and make him feel part of the choice. :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxox

Great advice Bob!

Then say: "But I found this price *insert bargain price* for January, just after Christmas, so we could see some of the Xmas decorations!" Then he'd think "Oooo! Thats a bargain! I'd be a fool to ignore that price!"....... Or, you could get a cheap deal for over bonfire night and see the fireworks!!

You know what Jeremy would say to me about 'cheap deals': 'WOW! You really save money by spending on the sales' :rotfl: He always tells me that when I talk about bargains (mean all the time:rotfl2: )

You know what Jeremy would say to me about 'cheap deals': 'WOW! You really save money by spending on the sales' :rotfl: He always tells me that when I talk about bargains (mean all the time:rotfl2: )

:laughing: Whenever I say something to Robert like: "Oh wow! This is only £10!", he'll look at me and then say, in a very sarcastic tone: "Oh well then! We'll have two!!!".... Sarky lil' bugger!!

Bob xoxoxox

:laughing: Whenever I say something to Robert like: "Oh wow! This is only £10!", he'll look at me and then say, in a very sarcastic tone: "Oh well then! We'll have two!!!".... Sarky lil' bugger!!

Bob xoxoxox

:lmao: :lmao:

Bob xoxoxox

Oooops!!! Beware of this person!!! Run away before it's too late!!! :laughing:

Joking... I'm sure he'll surrender... I only tell Jeremy when I've bought the things... I can't go back then:rotfl:

Oooops!!! Beware of this person!!! Run away before it's too late!!! :laughing:

Joking... I'm sure he'll surrender... I only tell Jeremy when I've bought the things... I can't go back then:rotfl:

Lol- Robert conforms to the 'Tight Yorkshireman' stereotype at times!!!

Bob xoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter