Convincing you partner that he NEEDS another trip...

Lol- Robert conforms to the 'Tight Yorkshireman' stereotype at times!!!

Bob xoxoxox

that sounds like my hubby too ;)

We only returned from our trip in June and at first I really struggled with my oh to even contemplate going back so soon ... we're going in October but I literally did what has already been suggested, worked out some dates and some prices and told him how much it would mean to me to go at Halloween and if we went on these dates it would be this price, blah blah blah and I said he could think about it and if he still didn't want to go I'd just go on my own with the kids, anyhow after half an hour he said if you want to book just do it so I did ... no chance for him to change his mind !!!

Hope you get to book your trip xx

Thanks tigger. We sound very similar!!

I think my WDW trip might need to be moved back a year, and I'm hoping if I agree to do that then he might be more easy to convince for an xmas trip as I can do the whole, well I was good and postponed WDW so I need SOME disney! :)

Maybe I can get us a quick disney anaheim trip after Vegas next year??

If you can't talk him into another DLRP this year, I would start working him for the Disney Cali trip! It wouldn't be that hard to hop over to Anaheim for a day or so after Vegas. Like you say, it will be much easier before kids (I have 2).

If you do go to Cali, I would suggest Universal Studios Hollywood too. It's not that far from Disney, and IMO is just as good (if not better than) MGM at DLRP - hope I didn't offend anyone. You would need at least two days though to do both.

Keep in mind that Vegas can be expensive. The food costs is much like DLRP. If you go to the shows (don't miss "O") the cost can add up quick. I hope you do have a fab time! Good luck in talking him into x-mas at DLRP!

I have the complete opposite with my DH - he keeps wanting to book trips!! - :cheer2: :cheer2:

not that I see this as a problem of course :banana:

but when he suggested a weekend away the other week and wanted to drive from where we live near Manchester to DLP for the weekend Im afraid I had to talk him out of it.

It would have meant setting off Fri afternoon (I had to be in work Fri am) and returning home Sunday evening I think we'd have been too exhausted to enjoy it.

We ended up going to Whitby for the weekend instead and had a lovely relaxing time which is what we needed really.

It was DHs idea to set off early for this trip and have extra days there - (have I told you we are going on Friday :cheer2: :cheer2: )

We've no more trips booked after next week but Im sure it wont be long before he has some suggestions.

(And hes a Yorkshire man!!!!)

I have the complete opposite with my DH - he keeps wanting to book trips!! - :cheer2: :cheer2:

not that I see this as a problem of course :banana:

but when he suggested a weekend away the other week and wanted to drive from where we live near Manchester to DLP for the weekend Im afraid I had to talk him out of it.

It would have meant setting off Fri afternoon (I had to be in work Fri am) and returning home Sunday evening I think we'd have been too exhausted to enjoy it.

We ended up going to Whitby for the weekend instead and had a lovely relaxing time which is what we needed really.

It was DHs idea to set off early for this trip and have extra days there - (have I told you we are going on Friday :cheer2: :cheer2: )

We've no more trips booked after next week but Im sure it wont be long before he has some suggestions.

(And hes a Yorkshire man!!!!)

I love Whitby!! I haven't been in the longest time!!

I'm a bit unfair about Robert sometimes- He's far from mean with a lot of things... But with things that are important he doesn't want the money for that, he wants it for computer games! So he's only a tightwad at certain times!!! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxox

I can't remember what I said to convince Peter about our Xmas trip. He always knew I wanted to go at Xmas time anyway - or rather, he knew I always wanted to go somewhere during the long Xmas break. I always thought it would be very expensive. Anyway, I was playing around with prices etc and saw that, though pricey, it wasn't as pricey as I thought it was going to be, esp with the one night free offer. I mentioned it to him plus we could still get direct Eurostar tickets at a reasonable price .... and he looked at me, kept quiet for a few days about this matter, then I raised it again and I think he knew he was on the losing team and he said ok.

If only everything was that easy lol... :rotfl: So, with 2 DLP trips this year, I think next year will sadly be a DLP-free year somehow.

ye think thats bad i havent gone yet and already he wont go back :headache: We are goin in sep for 4nts and i hav been trying to convince DH on the benefits of getting annual passes for us and our 2kids 7 and 4 and all he can see is that he will hav to go back again next year if he gets them. How can i win this one:confused: :confused:

ye think thats bad i havent gone yet and already he wont go back :headache: We are goin in sep for 4nts and i hav been trying to convince DH on the benefits of getting annual passes for us and our 2kids 7 and 4 and all he can see is that he will hav to go back again next year if he gets them. How can i win this one:confused: :confused:

Write down all the savings you could make? If you write it down and show him he might realise more of the savings that could be made.... :goodvibes

Bob oxoxox

If you can't talk him into another DLRP this year, I would start working him for the Disney Cali trip! It wouldn't be that hard to hop over to Anaheim for a day or so after Vegas. Like you say, it will be much easier before kids (I have 2).

If you do go to Cali, I would suggest Universal Studios Hollywood too. It's not that far from Disney, and IMO is just as good (if not better than) MGM at DLRP - hope I didn't offend anyone. You would need at least two days though to do both.

Keep in mind that Vegas can be expensive. The food costs is much like DLRP. If you go to the shows (don't miss "O") the cost can add up quick. I hope you do have a fab time! Good luck in talking him into x-mas at DLRP!

Thanks for that sherette :)

I went to Uni in LA for a semester so I have spent many many hours at Universal Studios!! (It was only 20 mins away and I got a CA resident rate with free re-entry!) And I agree its an awesome park!!

I only got to spend one day at DLP though and that was 4th July so the biggest crowds ever! I'd love to go to California Adventure too! So maybe we could stay at Anaheim for a couple of days. Although Jack loves LA (he came with me on a reunion trip last year) i think I might get a bit annoying with all my, 'oh yeah its great in there's and 'oh no, you wouldn't wanna see that's!

Did you go on the WB tour?!?! That was awesome!! I went in Central perk AND Country General! If only the buffy set was still standing...:(

Write down all the savings you could make? If you write it down and show him he might realise more of the savings that could be made.... :goodvibes

Bob oxoxox

Thanks for all the great advice bob! You are a font of DLP trip getting knowledge!! I'll work on Jack, think it might be smart to wait until we're away in the sunshine :)

I know he REALLY wants to go, just he had his heart set on CC and its SO much extra than a regular room at the DLH that I don't see the point for quiet season, which is where our wires get crossed, I want DLH but he wants CC....oich.

I'm desperate to see 'O'!! We didn't book in advance last time we went and couldn't get any tickets, but it worked out well really as we got great seats for KA, which was absolutely spectacular!! But will definitely be seeing O next time!!

Ok, so I don't know what your financial position is, but can you work out a budget for the next few months in which YOU (not you and Jack) can save a certain amount each month....and raise some, in the excellent manner of the lady here (sorry I forget who it is) who is ebaying her way there - if you can demonstrate to him that you can save it, just you, only little you on your ownsome, then he might be just sooooo impressed that he goes for it?

Or just book it and present him with a fait accompli? (only works if you have your own funds, tho)

Finally - listen to Demonica, she speaks sense. This WILL wear off, a little bit at least. You have postholiday blues, which is triple worse because the whole Disney thing is so compelling. Those wear off, then you can try to rationally judge things with a clear head!

However. I have only been reading your posts for a couple of weeks and I can see how addicted you are.....so....

If you can keep quiet for a while, then do some (quiet) research, don't tell Jack. Have a lovely evening at home, nice dinner, etc, then get your photos and souvenirs out and spend the time reminiscing. DO NOT at this stage reveal your cunning plan. Give it another couple of days, then say that you've found this fantastic deal, you've saved up £xx towards it already, oh go on please Jack.....

Ok, so I don't know what your financial position is, but can you work out a budget for the next few months in which YOU (not you and Jack) can save a certain amount each month....and raise some, in the excellent manner of the lady here (sorry I forget who it is) who is ebaying her way there - if you can demonstrate to him that you can save it, just you, only little you on your ownsome, then he might be just sooooo impressed that he goes for it?

Or just book it and present him with a fait accompli? (only works if you have your own funds, tho)

Finally - listen to Demonica, she speaks sense. This WILL wear off, a little bit at least. You have postholiday blues, which is triple worse because the whole Disney thing is so compelling. Those wear off, then you can try to rationally judge things with a clear head!

However. I have only been reading your posts for a couple of weeks and I can see how addicted you are.....so....

If you can keep quiet for a while, then do some (quiet) research, don't tell Jack. Have a lovely evening at home, nice dinner, etc, then get your photos and souvenirs out and spend the time reminiscing. DO NOT at this stage reveal your cunning plan. Give it another couple of days, then say that you've found this fantastic deal, you've saved up £xx towards it already, oh go on please Jack.....

Haha, thanks for the plan!!

Jack's lucky in that I've paid for most of our holidays so far (well the little ones anyway DLP, Marrakech etc.) Big America ones and stuff I'm not so generous. It works out well for me as he then buys me lots when we're away!! And I always seem to do better out of Xmas and Birthdays! I might see what my bonus is next month and just go ahead and book it and give him the tickets for his xmas.

Sod's law is he'll ask me for a PS3 in November once I've shelled out £900 on a trip!! Or he'll buy me a trip too, then we'll be snuckered!

Ok so its about motivation to go not means of going!

On those grounds, go with the lovely evening of reminiscing, then spring it on him!!

I've long wanted CC but not feeling it is value for money doesn't stop me going....you gotta have a goal, we just keep working towards it trip by trip. The sleeping beauty suite awaits me one day.

Thanks for all the great advice bob! You are a font of DLP trip getting knowledge!! I'll work on Jack, think it might be smart to wait until we're away in the sunshine :)

I don't know about font of trip getting knowledge.... I am more of a 'creative thinker' shall we say?? (That translates as: "Too much time on my hands." and "Too much day dreaming in lectures"!!!).....

Bob xoxoxox

The Sleeping Beauty Suite looks wounderful. Maybe one day.

wow, that's quite some suite. Just one thought though: You've booked a holiday at £2000+ per night staying in a very gorgeous looking suite; are you really going to want to do any cooking in the kitchen (which seems to look a lot cheaper than everything else in the suite)?!

Did you go on the WB tour?!?! That was awesome!! I went in Central perk AND Country General! If only the buffy set was still standing...:(

I did do the tour ... I would love to make a trip back. Glad to see you were a Buffy fan too! But it will be several years before we go to the US, as we will be living in Europe for the next few. Hate to spend the money to go there when there is so much to do here (like DLRP!)

lol i'm trying to get an xmas/early january (when its still xmas) trip out of ryan. I'm going for the angle of 'but we have APs so we get hotel discount' with a bit of 'it snows on main street at xmas think of how magical that would be :lovestruc ' plus an excessive amount of fluttering the eyelashes. hopefully i'll break him soon!!!!!!!

I am really enjoying reading this thread & can emphasise with you all. As you can see from my signature, we have been loads of times, last being in May. When we came back the plan was that I could go back with DD1(6) in November for a few days because I didn't get much Disney time in May because DD2(17 mths at the time) didn't like the crowds, noise, characters etc & I spent my time with her while DH had most of the fun. Now I am going back in 4 weeks with DD1 for one day in the parks (excuse : to see the fireworks) & hopefully we will be going for a week the first week in November (all of us).

So how did I do it? It was DH's 40th birthday in June & I really pushed the boat out (overnight trip to London, party at home the night of his birthday, took over a country house in Westmeath, Ireland and invited his family for a dinner & put them all up for the night) so he has a lot of live up to for my 40th (which will be in Jan), so I said that this is what I wanted, so he said OK. Now all I am hoping is that he can get leave at that time, so I haven't been able to book the November trip yet.

Torsie, I am so jealous that you are going to Vegas, I would really have liked to go there for my 40th, but it's too far to bring the kids & I don't like to ask my Mum to babysit too much & 1 overnight at a time is enough for her (DD2 is a handful). And on that note I would advise you try to squeeze in as many trips as you can before you have kids, because they do curtail your trips!

And on that note I would advise you try to squeeze in as many trips as you can before you have kids, because they do curtail your trips!

Cannot agree more with Karen! It's very difficult with children, I found going with one a lot easier than two but still, you have to plan everything according their schedule unless you hire babysitters (which we don't do). Don't get me wrong, I love my little girls but sometimes you need a little break...

Enjoy the time you've got to yourselves and all your holidays. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter