Confirmed runDisney Virtual race series

To me every time I run is a training run for the next time I run.

I'm not a huge fan of virtuals and there would be no appeal for me if a Disney virtual was essentially just the same thing I'd get running in Disney (and I do the Disney races because I can run in Disney), but there are some virtuals I do like. I'm not into the HRCs myself (although I have considered them). What I run are the Zombies Run races. They give us special missions to listen to that are only available for those registered. It does add something that I'm listening to a mission I could not have listened to otherwise.

I'm really not sure how I'd feel about a Disney one, though. I can see the point that if the same as the in person races (medal, etc) that it might reduce the numbers who register for the in person race leaving more bibs available. On the other hand I cannot see Disney doing this. It seems like a huge risk that people might opt for that over actually registering for the in person. But it does open up more opportunities to make money which is right up Disney's alley.

I quite enjoyed the ZombiesRun virtual races!- but again, those were linked to the app- so for the price I was getting the new race mission, the special training missions, the medal, and the t-shrt. I loved the Spring race shirt. And I liked how your time was automatically recorded and posted to the leader board, so you got to watch other runners finish in real time. Will Wheaton ran the virtual race!
But if I wasn't being fed new entertainment, I probably wouldn't virtually race much. Although I really like the Hogwarts Running Club medals.
The Disney "Shorts" Medals are cute, but for me a Disney race that doesn't involved roller coasters and eating my way through EPCOT on a feast of celebration just doesn't have the same allure.

I was on the fence with signing up. Decided to really look into it today and the Series and the Yellow Shoe are sold out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter