CM’s entering resort rooms with and without RO sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my last trip late January, I was glad I knew about the new policy from reading a few of the early threads about it here and elsewhere, even though a HK walked in while I was in my BWV studio. I mostly remembered to put out the sign, but missed it at least once and I had a visitor.

Personally, I would not have thought to read the new sign close enough to discern that someone was coming in to clear my trash and check things out. Wasn’t used to that staying DVC. So although I was surprised in the moment I recovered pretty quickly.

What else is to be discussed? Disney policy is not up for debate.
Is that official DISboards policy? If so please link to it.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand for those of us who would like to discuss: I am very concerned about a policy that makes me not want to stay on site. I have gone to Disney since before EPCOT opened and never stayed off site, and now I will be. I feel very disturbed that Disney is treating its guests so disdainfully. While not every guest cares, clearly many do, and the fact that Disney has refused to provide a written policy for guests detailing what to expect is astonishing to me. And if they are pushing people like me off site, I think they may be underestimating the impact this will have on people moving forward.

I have been thinking of writing guest services a letter asking for specifics, and I think Snappy's OP brings up an important question I would include: how much knocking are CMs required to do before opening locked guest doors?

Count me as they pushed me to staying exclusively offsite! I used to split our time between Universal and Disney. I don't want to take the chance at being disturbed or walked in on by this security detail. I'm much happier at the Universal resorts where I am assured of my privacy. I did email WDW guest services about my decision at the beginning of the year as well.

Count me as they pushed me to staying exclusively offsite! I used to split our time between Universal and Disney. I don't want to take the chance at being disturbed or walked in on by this security detail. I'm much happier at the Universal resorts where I am assured of my privacy. I did email WDW guest services about my decision at the beginning of the year as well.
I've stayed at Uni 3 times this summer after Disney (and going again Labor day weekend) and it is just a massive relief knowing they won't be banging on the door with the DND sign up. I love the 2 sign system there and have been very careful to put the "come on in" sign out when we are out. I also like being treated like a guest and not a crimimal.
In the movie Girl Interrupted the main character is in a mental institution and the nurses keep popping in to do room checks. The movie is clearly showing us how intrusive and dehumanizing it is to live like that. Certainly not how I want to feel on vacation!

Long ago I gave up trying to convince people of stuff. I am too old for that.

It seems helpful to have a thread where a guest could report their experience with the new policy and others could discuss it as well. If another Dis member isn’t interested or concerned about the policy, I would imagine they would have little interest in reading or posting on a thread like this.

There is. It's a sticky at the top of this very page.

I have a few questions:

1. Are these room checks only at values and moderates? We stayed at WL in July and did not experience this.

2. Do these room checks only occur when housekeeping is declined?

3. How do you know that the person wanting to come into the room is a Disney employee and not someone posing as an employee?

Not trying to start a debate, just trying to understand the current facts.

Thanks!

I have a few questions:

1. Are these room checks only at values and moderates? We stayed at WL in July and did not experience this.

3. How do you know that the person wanting to come into the room is a Disney employee and not someone posing as an employee?

Thanks!

1. No, it's at all WDW owned resorts.
2. No.
3. I don't think there's a way to 100% verify that. At least not quickly.

I have a few questions:

Thanks!

1. No. I had a room check at BWV. Also had daily trash removal at poly DVC unit and BCV.

2. No they occur even with housekeeping although they might occur while you are out of the room. Seems to be more checking the room than checking for guest safety but it’s not clear. No official purpose for the Checks has been announced

3. Not sure how to know. You might recognize the individual if it’s the housekeeper who’s been on the floor cleaning rooms all week, but it could be a different male security person.

You aren’t starting a debate, no worries.

I just saw an interesting post on the guest experiences thread. It was likely either a DVC stay or else a cash stay in a DVC unit since at Kidani. For what it ya worth, since trash removal is how Disney is justifying the security check for DVC units, it may be a way get the trash removal process finished without HK or security tracking back through the bathroom and bedroom.

Quote:

We were at Kidani last week. We had the daily trash and recycling pick up. They came around 11:45-12 each day. I was expecting it and just left the bins by the door each day. We weren’t in the room two of the days. The other days, they knocked and swapped out the bags quickly.

Last edited:
I have a few questions:

Thanks!
1. All disney resorts
2. Some people report room checks even if they accept housekeeping but the hope is that housekeeping decreases the incidences of separate checks
3. There is no way- and one of the biggest concerns many of us have, especially given that calling the front desk is not speaking to someone at your hotel but rather and off site call center. So you can't call to verify who people are, especially random non-HK men claiming to be security.

Last edited:
I just saw an interesting post on the guest experiences thread. It was likely either a DVC stay or else a cash stay in a DVC unit since at Kidani. For what it ya worth, since trash removal is how Disney is justifying the security check for DVC units, it may be a way get the trash removal process finished without HK or security tracking back through the bathroom and bedroom.

Quote:

We were at Kidani last week. We had the daily trash and recycling pick up. They came around 11:45-12 each day. I was expecting it and just left the bins by the door each day. We weren’t in the room two of the days. The other days, they knocked and swapped out the bags quickly.
It's just so insane to me that a major component of vacation to me, the afternoon nap, is no longer something Disney is guaranteeing their guests. Even if they are only standing at the door, I just dread sitting in the room waiting for that knock. I know I'm not the only one who can't relax when I am anticipating an interruption.

It's just so insane to me that a major component of vacation to me, the afternoon nap, is no longer something Disney is guaranteeing their guests. Even if they are only standing at the door, I just dread sitting in the room waiting for that knock. I know I'm not the only one who can't relax when I am anticipating an interruption.

When we were there, I was so happy to see the trash was removed when we got back to room. At least we could assume there wouldn't be a second knock on the door.

To us , one of the joys of DVC was not worrying if housekeeping had made it to our room. Of course they come every four days, but there have been times we did split stays and never had a need for housekeeping to come in.

I can't remember if I shared our experience at AKL from June or not, so here it is:

We usually removed the "No Not Disturb" sign before we left for the parks in the morning. On the two days we forgot to do so we got a phone call about 10 minutes after returning to our room (IDK if they knew we were back from scanning in at the parking gate or if if their timing was just uncanny). On one day we said we were getting ready to nap and they asked for a return time, another time we said we were leaving again in about an hour and that they could return then. We did forget the sign one night, and the next morning we got a knock. It was the normal amount of time to wait before someone would answer the door before I heard the lock turn, but I was at the door right at that moment. She apologized profusely and said she'd return later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter