CM’s entering resort rooms with and without RO sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

snappy

Survivor
I would hope it is policy at Disney to require staff to knock before entering all rooms assigned to guests. Do you think the policy is to knock and wait X minutes if the new room occupied sign is not on the door because theoretically staff would be under the impression that the guest is not in the room, and maybe X plus 2 seconds if the room occupied sign is on the door? If the room occupied sign is on the door, does someone call first before trying to enter? Is there a cogent policy that is adhered to by staff throughout a resort or across resorts?

From what people are reporting, it doesn’t seem like they are waiting a decent amount of time for you to get up, throw clothes or robe on if you’re napping to get to the door. Keep bolt on! I really hate this room check. So stupid. But my friend was there a month ago at pofq and said she wasn’t bothered so guess it’s resort dependant on how it’s implemented.

Glad your friend had a good experience. Thanks for sharing. It does seem like luck of the draw. Maybe where your room is located and what kind of day HK is having. Possibly occupancy levels too, or staffing levels for that matter.

We were at Riverside the end of January. They did knock and wait a couple of minutes. The cast member was very polite and asked if he could look around. He did a quick walk through and thanked us. They probably came by every day but this was probably the only morning that we did not get an early start. Thankfully we did not have any issues.

We didn’t use the RO sign. The two separate times they knocked on our door it took me a bit to get to the door. They didn’t try to enter either time. I would say it took me several minutes to answer the door.

We didn’t use the RO sign. The two separate times they knocked on our door it took me a bit to get to the door. They didn’t try to enter either time. I would say it took me several minutes to answer the door.

Would you mind saying where you were staying?

Would you mind saying where you were staying?

Oops - we were at Pop for 15 nights. We were in the room for 2 Room checks (no housekeeping). It was housekeepers doing the checks (or at least they wore housekeeping uniforms). We did take at least 3-4 hour breaks almost every afternoon in our room.

If the room occupied sign is on the door, does someone call first before trying to enter?

Most places it is reported they knock. In fewer reported cases if the sign is out, they call.

Is there a cogent policy that is adhered to by staff throughout a resort or across resorts?

Well, they can legally enter. Right now, the policy is that someone will be in your room at least once a day. Housekeeping counts.

I've been several times since the implementation, here's my advice; if you are in the room lock your door. At the very least use the security latch. If you are worried about it all too much, make sure you don't turn down housekeeping. If you get back from the park and housekeeping has not done your room, then someone will eventually be there (either housekeeping to clean, or a security person to check), if you put your sign out and latch the door, they won't walk in on you but will probably knock (if not, they will call). I've stayed at Pop and POR since this, and it wasn't a big deal either time.

I'm confused why anyone thinks this is controversial. One either thinks guests are entitled to know what they are buying with their money or they don't. If they don't, this thread is not for them.

I wouldn't say controversial. But every single thread about this has been closed because it just reverts to those bothered by the policy trying to convince those who are not that they should be and vice versa.

I agree. It’s helpful to me at least to know what’s happening with the room checks. I have frequented certain threads here for years to stay informed. Not sure if or why that’s a problem.
We're going on Thursday, and I'd also like to figure out whether I should put the sign up or not. My autistic son suffers from anxiety and would be alarmed by a security person suddenly barging in (& warning him in advance would just make him worried the whole time, so that won't solve the problem). I already plan to lock the door & use the latch thing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say controversial. But every single thread about this has been closed because it just reverts to those bothered by the policy trying to convince those who are not that they should be and vice versa.
Really? I find it the other way around. There are unknowns with this policy that people would like to discuss. No one wants to convince you to care about something you don't care about.

However, I'd be very interested to find out why this topic is seen as off limits by DISboards. That kind of censorship is bizarre to say the least.

Long ago I gave up trying to convince people of stuff. I am too old for that.

It seems helpful to have a thread where a guest could report their experience with the new policy and others could discuss it as well. If another Dis member isn’t interested or concerned about the policy, I would imagine they would have little interest in reading or posting on a thread like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter