Christmas Shopping 2008

Okay people!! After today we only have 8 Saturdays left to shop!!! For the BF shoppers, you only have 5 weeks left to get you list perfected!!!! I am sure with Halloween next week, we won't get much Christmas shopping done!!! How's it going? I must say, I did get my moms bday gift--hers falls on Tday this year, but now I am at a loss for her for Christmas!!!

I got her a cute Vera B bag like one of mine that she likes, and the matching makeup bag! She'll love it!! As for DH.....still in the dark!!!!

Our Wal-Mart had some toys on clearance last week. We had planned to get my DD a idog for Christmas ($35-$40). Wal-Mart had an i-cy penguin for $5.00, so I bought it. I also found 2 HSM Barbies on sell for $18 (reg. $25), some sparkly notebooks for $1.00 each, and a Hannah Montana notepad, folders, & something else for $1.00.

I also found a Tickle Me Cookie Monster (or something like that) for $10. It was regularly over $25. I'm using that for a birthday party gift today.

Had been at a loss but it all seems to be coming together now! :goodvibes

Each of the boys will get a new cell phone. Can up date on December 22, how cool is that?! :hippie: We know which ones we will be getting. So just gotta hang in there. I hate the thought of waiting til so close to the big day to get the big gift though! :headache:

Bought DS 14 a Survival Guide for the outdoors. On line found a Daily Survival Guide Calendar so will be purchasing that. :surfweb:

For DS who will be 17 by Christmas he has asked for a John Wayne Calendar or a MASH one. Think I can pull that one off. Yea, I know I have strange kids!! :rolleyes:
Also on line I found a Daily History Channel calendar I think he would like. :idea:
His birthday is December 7th so need to come up with something for that. :confused: He has asked for a TI-83 calculator. :teacher: He even said it could be used :worship: so have been keeping an eye on ebay for a good deal. :woohoo:

Happy Shopping! :santa:

I love this thread! SO much fun!

I have decided to order a couple of the DIsney Photopass ersonalized calendars for people for Xmas. I think they will be so cute and unique.

I think I am going to get my husband a Mickey watch. He was eyeing them up on our trip a couple weeks ago. There was a very nice Skagen that was subtle.

My DD5 is getting a Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday costume, a set of Mary Poppins Barbie dolls, and the Briar Rose plush doll they have at the Disney Store right now, and the Tree of Life playset that sell at the parks.

My DS8 is getting a few games for the Wii, lots of Legos. My ILs are getting him a Nintendo DS. He has NO IDEA! He will flip out bc I have been telling him "no" for the last couple of years. Then I am hoping that Santa pulls through and brings a couple DS games for him:santa: !

Shortly after Xmas we will be visiting the World again, so I consider that a BIG Xmas gift to all of us. Now if Santa can just make sure the crowds are low while we're there!!!

Hmm... DS's birthday is on Christmas day, and we're going to be in Disney, :woohoo: and we all know how crowded that is going to be. Plus he is oh-so-eager to visit the England pavillion on his birthday to see the Christmas celebrations. "Well we usually go to England (the actual place) so this will be just like it, Mom!" :rotfl: Good try.

But... back on topic. I'm always torn on shopping for DS. I'll probably end up buying him some Legos as his birthday present, and then something bigger for his Christmas present.

DD will be getting more Only Hearts Club dolls, some My Little Pony sets and some more art supplies. And both DS and DD will be getting Disney Dollars.

As for other family members, my 4 y.o. neice will be getting Color Wonder sets, whilst her older brothers (11 & 13) will be getting new iPod speakers.

Love all the ideas!!! Ya'll are doing great!! I do feel for kids who have Christmas birthdays! That would give me tremendous guilt!Ha!! I do have a son whose birthday is Dec 4---that's close enough for me!! But bless their hearts, they have to wait a year for everything!!! Well, they get stuff everynow and again just for being them!! So, he's okay!!!!

I am so glad that ya'll are all joining in this thread! I know after Black Friday it's gonna really be fun!!! I hope you all have a blessed day!!!

I have done a bunch of my shopping for my two girls on this website: www.etsy.com. It's all handmade things by some wonderfully talented people. It's great and everything I get my girls is unique because it's handmade. It's really wonderful and you can have things personalized. I'm just having a great time shopping on it.

What a fun thread to browse through! I am usually an all year type of shopper and generally about this time of year I am narrowing in to be finished. Not so much this year. I do have some shopping completed, but I have a lot to do.

We have 4 kids and our youngest has a birthday on 12/20...that is why I usually shop early. I do at least have a good idea of what I would like to get, but I have not seen great deals on the items yet.

I guess that is the big change for me, because I usually shop the bargains...what I find is what they get. This year I started with a list of what I wanted and I am now on the look out for bargains. I think that may be a change as the kids grow up.

Our oldest two are 13 and 14 and they have more defined wants and likes. I am almost finished with the our youngest (she is 3) even with buying Christmas and birthday for her.

I have done a bunch of my shopping for my two girls on this website: www.etsy.com. It's all handmade things by some wonderfully talented people. It's great and everything I get my girls is unique because it's handmade. It's really wonderful and you can have things personalized. I'm just having a great time shopping on it.

Great suggestion. I love the idea of supporting small businesses like that. Thanks for the reminder.. it's been a while since I've looked at it and I'm sure I will be able to find some fantastic gifts!

I do a little shopping all year as I see things. For some reason, the past couple of weeks, I have been in total Christmas shopping mode. Which has been crazy, since dd's birthday was Thursday and I was so busy with that and her party.

DH and I usually do not exchange (we get things through the year if we need/want them and it just got to be silly to buy things for the sake of buying). But I did get him the GPS that was on QVC as the today's special value. He could get lost going around the block!

After getting help and suggestions from my fellow DISers, I have gotten dd a Leapster 2 with case & game, some extra games at the consignment store (for $8.50 each!), a Disney princess game box with bingo, checkers, etc., and some small things. I also got a v-smile system and some games at the consignment store, but haven't decided whether I'm keeping those yet. I want to get her the Disney princess microphone. Oh, and I have a couple of dvds for her. I also keep a "toy closet" as I find great deals throughout the year. I use these things for her on holidays, birthdays, or for other kids birthdays.

One sis will get a Wii game, the other, I'm not sure. I pick up things for my mom as I see them. We usually don't exchange with everyone, just do a Chinese auction game on Christmas day with the adults.

My biggest problem with starting early....I keep "finding" things that so and so will love. So I think I end up spending more. Not a good thing.

Whew! I thought my kids were too young for mp3 players, but it looks like a lot of you are making that jump. Honestly how old were we when we had walkmans? Same thing. Okay here's my list - we've decided not to buy toys this year because after we moved their toy room downstairs we donated 5 bags of toys and half of the keep stuff they don't use.

DD9 - Sony mp3, HSM3 cd

DD6 - mp3, Snow princess Dora DVD,

Family - we always do a family gift. Last year it was a portable DVD player for our Disney trip. This year we're getting the Wii so they'll each get a game.

DH - a blue tooth, probably some Wii game and a gc for his paintball game

m - some music cd she wants

d - ??

mil - renew her AAA membership every year. PJs

B&SIL - renew their AAA membership every year.

Teachers/busdrivers - S&Shop GC with yankee candles from fund raiser

I am staying on budget this year. We priced out some of these things and since DH is paying for the Wii out of his postman tips (give money not DD GC!) that will save us big time.

Glad to have all of the new shoppers on board!:santa: I am finding my :santa: gifts are a little harder to find than usual. I also have to get them when the kids aren't with me---and they are always with me!!! Just st****ing st*****s!!!

I'm sure some things will end up grabbing me before the big day though!!!

I just wanted to throw out there, that a nice gift to go w/the mp3 players is books on cd (saw a set of 3 Disney stories w/CD at TJ Max for $4.99). You can also download audio books from your library for FREE!!! There is not much for kids, but the Chronicles of Narnia could be a good choice (Harry Potter, too, if they have it).

Happy shopping!!

Well, the good news is I have all my lists done and know what I'm getting everyone, I'm buying online mostly this year and have everything saved to wish lists. The bad news is we were supposed to move this weekend but now the contractor is telling us it won't be ready till the 15th!! UGHHH! This is putting a serious damper in my shopping as I don't want to buy before the move. The other thing I'm seriously PO'ed about is the Buzz Lightyear I wanted to get for DS was listed on Amazon at $19.99 and now it's showing the price as $37.45!!! If I had known that I would have gone ahead and bought it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just start ordering and keep the deliveries in my trunk till moving day. What a mess!

Could you maybe get everything shipped to your mom or MIL's house till you move and get them to stash it till then???

Could you maybe get everything shipped to your mom or MIL's house till you move and get them to stash it till then???

My mom lives too far away so that might be a problem but you did give me an idea...I could ship them to my work! Thanks. :thumbsup2

Glad to have all of the new shoppers on board!:santa: I am finding my :santa: gifts are a little harder to find than usual. I also have to get them when the kids aren't with me---and they are always with me!!! Just st****ing st*****s!!!

I'm sure some things will end up grabbing me before the big day though!!!
I'm just hitting that stage and hating it! My son notices everything and I can't shop with him anymore. I acn still get away with it with my daughter. Heck half the time I let her play with it first to be sure she likes it!

Well, the good news is I have all my lists done and know what I'm getting everyone, I'm buying online mostly this year and have everything saved to wish lists. The bad news is we were supposed to move this weekend but now the contractor is telling us it won't be ready till the 15th!! UGHHH! This is putting a serious damper in my shopping as I don't want to buy before the move. The other thing I'm seriously PO'ed about is the Buzz Lightyear I wanted to get for DS was listed on Amazon at $19.99 and now it's showing the price as $37.45!!! If I had known that I would have gone ahead and bought it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just start ordering and keep the deliveries in my trunk till moving day. What a mess!

Which Buzz? I just got one for my son at Target for $19. It comes with a compass.

Hi all... New to this thread, but not new to early shopping.

I have, for the past 6 years done Black Friday Shopping, but unless there is a special door buster I want this year, I dont think I will be going out at 4 am this go around (and I am sad about it, black friday is fun in a sicko kinda way lol)

With that said, I have the bulk of my shopping already done :woohoo:

For all non imediate family members Aunts Uncles BIL's SIL's etc...

Pasta from the band fundraiser :lmao:

I know I know lame... but it's cute pasta, and I found designs that suit everyone. And it serves two purposes. The school gets their cut, and our realitives arent forced to buy one fundraiser after another :rotfl:

The kids have been pestering us for a Wii, so that is the big gift. I bought a bundle that has an extra controler and Wii Play. And I have already bought 2 more controls and numchuck things. Oh and a larger memory card.

I still have to buy Mario Karts (hoping for some kind deal/bundle for that) Lego Star Wars, and maybe one other game for it.

Last month Walmart had Bean Bag Chairs on clearance for $5.00 and they had the three colors I needed!! I was so siked. Gotta love a deal :woohoo:

We will also make an Ornaments for all family members.

DH is easy, He gets socks and shirts :rotfl:

Grandpa.. Digital Photo Frame with all the family Pictures loaded into it.

So I am ahead of the game.

I need some board games for the family, stocking stuffers, and other little things, but for all that I am waiting for the super sales to come.

Great thread!!
I am having a hard time this year with gifts.. and we come back fron Disneyland 10 days before Christmas!

so far all I have planned out is

DD and DS joint Santa gift:
Wooden play kitchen

DS (3 years old)
more Cars (he only has 102 and insists that he needs more :confused3 )

DD (5 years old)
art easel
art supplies

My Mom: Candles, Reisenthal bag, and something from Disneyland

My Dad: Lance Armstrong tshirt, ??

DH Mom: a nightgown

DH Dad: ??

My Sister (21) ??

My Brother (16) ??

My Brother (16) ??

Boy, I have a lot of planning to do.. don't I :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter