Christmas Shopping 2008

Disney Mommy 3

DIS Veteran
:santa: Well, gang, we are a little less than 4 months and counting till Christmas day!!!! I don't know if anyone already has a Christmas thread, but I wanted to start talking toys!!!!

We are a family of 5-2 boys & 1 girl--so I have lots to shop for! I am an early shopper and try to be finished by Oct.1. Just helps me feel prepared! I actually have a friend that wraps them as soon as she buys them--but I just hide mine really well!!!

My eldest has a bday Dec 4, so we have to throw that into the mix around here as well. He will be 13!! And he wants a ripstick and maybe more DS games. So, this year will be easy--last year he was in a quandry, so it was difficult.For Christmas he wants an Ipod--we are debating between the nano and the classic.(any Ipod lovers at there can guide me along!;) . He really thinks he wants the nano-but I want to make sure we get the best deal for the $$$. This will be brought on vacations & plane rides, & car trips---so the charge has to last-again advice is welcomed!!Accessories will come with this, so that's pretty much his wish list!

Son #2 is a LEGO fanatic, so we have quite a little list going in that Department. Also, he wants the Nintendo DS-access. and games and that pretty much wraps it up for this little guy.

Little daughter is jumping into the American Girl world.She has been a Little Mommy fan since she was 2 or 3 and has quite an assortment--but she looooves these babies. She has fallen in love with AG Elizabeth. She wanted the JLY doll--but after we searched it all out-Elizabeth wins hands down.We are getting her a couple of dresses for her to switch out -& the hairbrush---a must!! Also, she wants a pink razor scooter like her bro's--i think it's called a daisy? Well, have to make sure.

Dh--:confused3 No CLUE!! I always find him to be the hardest.He likes golf and coffee---but mercy!! How much of that stuff can you buy?Makes the head reel!!!He really doesn't need anything for golf and has enough coffee!!So, I will have to be on the lookout!!!

Okay--that got long so I thought I would just jump to page 2!!

Mom-Vera Bradley and anythink I think she needs and won't ask for!!!

Step-dad---???Maybe a gc to Dillards-he loves their clothes and needs some new duds.

Brother and sister-in-laws-----we don't gift--just the kiddos.

Nephew--age 3---hmmmm. He usually gets pjs or a new coat--something cute from me that he needs and will use. from the kids-they are really good at picking for him. He looooves books-something else Aunt is big on;) .
Probably a tractor/truck/CARS something. He's really into that right now.

Grandparents---may jump out there with my mom & uncle and splurge on an order from Harry & David. They have some good-looking fruit & foody baskets. My grandfather is going to be 80 in Feb--so he's hard to buy for.doesn't really need anything. He's very active and doesn't look his age, but he is VERY frugal and doesn't want us going overboard.So I think this would be appreciated by them. They are big fruit people!!!

Well, I think this has helped me out! Hopefully it will encourage you to get the ball rolling!! I find if I do this early, the season is much more relaxed and we can focus on Christmas for what it is, and enjoy our families and days off.Giving us much more time to think about cookie and fudge baking!!:laughing: I usually (with the kids) make goody baskets/tins for our neighbors, and close friends. This really takes some planning and a couple of day to get it done,so not gift shopping really takes the stress out of it!!

Also, budget-wise it cannot be beat--a few gifts a week and it shouldn't break the bank too bad!

Okay people---chime in and give us your lists!!!

I have no idea ...since between now and then I have My bday,Dh's bday,both brothers on my side bdays.Then I have MySIL (Oct) Fil (nov)Mil(dec 17) my daughter(dec 25) and my Mom (dec 30) bdays.Plus mine and dhs wedding anniversary. So I get SLAMMED with bdays from Sept till Dec. Plus it doesn't help poor dd that her bday is XMAS!

I have been checking the end-caps at Target, for clearance items. So far, I have a respectable amount of toys for the kiddies, and have gotten most of them for 50 -75% off!

I so am. We are also a family of 5 w/ 3 boys. I shop for my parents and In laws. Bro. in law and his family. We pick names w/ my cousins and kids (the kids have a lower price range than the adults) So that's 5 there, my grand parents.

I get things as I go and love to get a good deal.

Right now all the little things for my boys are in the trunk of the car that doesn't work. LOL I need to get them in tubs in the attic. We don't have their "big gift" yet not even sure what that will be really.

The rest of the things I have pick up here and there are on my self in my closet. I have yet to get them up stairs also. I just make sure I keep a list w/ me all the time of what I have, who I have to shop for and ideas for them so I can look when I am out.

Im usually half way done by now, but with our trip coming up in about 15 days, i havent even begun to think about it!

DH and I did talk about DS6 last night and there is a PSP in his future from Santa. I told him I want a tv that mounts under the cabinet with a flip down screen for the kitchen, we are also thinking a laptop would be nice.

I also believe I will buy DH an LSU Canopy tent for tailgating and camping.

I have lots more people to buy for ... guess i need to start a list soon!

Im usually half way done by now, but with our trip coming up in about 15 days, i havent even begun to think about it!

Well, with all that going on you are excused!:laughing: I would def. be planning for my trip too! You can shop when u get home and still have plenty of time! At least you have your ideas of who gets what!

For my parents and sisters, I am getting digital picture frames and putting all kinds of pics on them. I am going to leave space for them to add a few of their own.

DD has her birthday in November, so her list includes both. American Girl Bitty Twins (one that looks like her and one that looks like BFF), make up case for her "makeup", Learn to Draw Disney books, CDs, and movies

3 nephews (ages 9, 14, and 12) - I HAVE NO IDEA!!:confused3 I did movies for their birthdays.

DH - probably motorcycle jacket and pants

We normally don't buy for DH's family (BIL, wife, 2 boys, and 3 girls), but I may put a box of goodies together for them.

I like to shop early also.

I have the kids mostly done, just need to pick up a few odds and ends for them. I have a GPS for dh but I can't decide if I want to wait till Christmas or give it to him for our anniversary.
I am always finished by Thanksgiving so I'm pretty much on track, I just have parents, grandparents and a few nieces and nephews to do. I have had really good ideas in the past for everybody but I'm not really sure what to do for the adults this year :confused3 The nieces and nephews are prety easy, I just ask their parents what they want that Santa isn't bringing :laughing:

I have started. I have a few items for the kids. I have 2 boys and a girl. We also have Dec. birthdays. DS (7) is Dec. 30th and DD is Dec. 24th. We are a one income family (DH stays at home) so I always start early. My goal is to buy something every pay beginning in Sept. I always go shopping on Black Friday and like to be almost done by the end of the day.

For my parents and sisters, I am getting digital picture frames and putting all kinds of pics on them. I am going to leave space for them to add a few of their own.

That's a GREAT idea! :thumbsup2 I was thinking of getting digital frames, but it didn't even cross my mind to load it with pictures. THANK YOU SO MUCH for that idea!

I have quiet a bit done. I have to be completely done by my birthday Nov 5th or I get very grumpy. I am a SAHM so I pick up stuff whenever I find something and we have extra money, that way we never have to put anything on our credit cards.

For My DD6:
Barbie Girl MP3 Player, Barbie Girl Face Plates (2 Sets), Brain Quest Game,Tink Book Set, Tink Book, Tink Playset, Tink Art Set, Tink Supplies, Giselle Mat, Giselle Puzzle

For My DS18 Months:
Little Tikes Table, Little People Garage, Fisher Price Bath Toys, Magic Towels

I still need to get him more, but honestly the kid has pretty much every toddler toy made. I am thinking clothes, not fun but very practical. Plus I bet he will get a ton of toys from our family.

For My DH I picked up National Treasure 2 as a Stocking Stuffer but I have no idea what to get him... he really isn't into anything right now.

As for all the nieces\nephews I stocked up when our Disney Store closed.

-Becca-

Mom - NO idea's yet..

Me - haha yes, I do my own shopping - I dont know.. clothes? a new purse?

DH - camera stuff for his photography obsession

DS5 - Don't really know yet.... I know there will be some Disney figurines (the little packs at the stores with different sets that are usually like 2 for $20 or $12.50 each LOL.. yes, I know because we have about 80% of them!) We will probably get him some school stuff too (he started K this year and is loving it)

DD3 - American Girl doll and tons of accessories - clothes, furniture, etc.. AND we are going to try to buy as many princess dresses as we can afford for Christmas. We did find at Sams last night a set of ALL of the princess shoes (except no Pocahontas - I was not happy about that LOL). We got it and are saving it for Christmas and we will get her some crayons and coloring stuff

DS2 - No idea yet - he likes the same stuff DS5 does, so probably the same?

DS (will be 11 months at Christmas) - No clue, clothes, probably some walk behind toys, push toys? He's already cruising furniture now so in 4 months, I'm sure he will already be walking LOL

and of course dvd's - - we get at least another 15-20 dvd's every Christmas. I hope to get everything available on Blueray.

Oh and I'm getting each of my kids a Disney mp3 player - except the baby obviously LOL

I have read some really bad reviews about them- just check amazon.com. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Also you might want to look into the Play and Learn Kitchen by Fisher Price for the baby. We gave my DS it when he turned a year and he adores it. It gets played with everyday and all day.

-Becca-

ha I never though to check out reviews LOL. I'll go look around. Maybe if I can "train them" to use an iPod, I'll just get them iPods and put some type of Disney skin on it?

I was just thinking about Christmas last night - and Ive come up with my super simple - some may call it lazy - plan for gifts this year seeing we leave for wdw on Christmas day.

I did a chart with everyones name to the left and then 5 gift catagories along the top - adult women (pedicures 30.00 each), adult men (30.00 gas cards), teens (30.00 cash) couples (50.00 returant gift card) and children (30.00 toy) - at the bottom I ended up with a total for each category. Im going to order all the toys from Amazon - my plan is to send my husband for the rest of it and I will be done.

Ill wrap if he shops - I think thats fair. Well - its a plan to keep us on budget -we will see how it goes.

Im planning on filler gifts for my kids until we can spring the big surprise.

Ditto for the Disney Digital camera and camcorder. They are a waste of money. I got my daughter's on sale and they've never been used and are probably in the the bottom of a box in the playroom! They seemed like such good ideas at the time....:confused3 If you just want her to take blurry pictures, this camera is for you! I really like the software it comes with though.

But anyways, I did buy my first gift today too.
I bit the bullet and got her a Wii. (I had a $30 off coupon).
We have a whole playroom of toys played with once, and some are still in boxes. I refuse to buy more toys! I also don't Agree with expensive presents, so this was a hard one for me. We've already talked about it before and she knows that's the only gift she'll get from Mommy "if mommy buys it for her". She'll get a ton of stuff from ither people, so I don't feel guilty.

Last December we decided to start saving for our trip, and had a cheap Christmas. We had a budget for everyone and stuck to it. Everyone got simple little gifts. And do you know, it was the BEST Christmas ever? There was no stress, just a relaxed good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter