Christmas Shopping 2008

Just curious on what you spend on Christmas.

Since I don't have kids, I know I probably spend a lot less than most...I only spend about

$50 exchange
$30 exchange
$20 godfather
$20 godmother
$20 Grandma/ Grandpa...my share I split with my 2 sisters
$30 older sister
$30 younger sister
$10 niece...split with older sister...great deal on sale
$10 nephew...split with older sister...great deal on sale
$15 stepdad...split with sisters
$20 2 boys I baby-sit
$15 niece (I also baby-sit for)...split with older sister
$20 Mom...split with older sister...also making Disney scrapbook
$15 aunt...split with older sister
$15 uncle...split with older sister

Total...
about $350...I also buy early and look for things on sale...if not the total would be about $500.

I can only imagine with my Mom will be spending...she spends about $400 on the 3 of for Christmas...plus what she spends on the rest of the family.

I havn't posted in awhile but we (I) have gotten alot more shopping done in the last weeks.

DD (9): is officially DONE!:thumbsup2 what we bought her
personalized Horse lap desk
Blockus game

Thanks OP for this thread and helping me stay organized and inspired. :goodvibes

You are very welcome!!! That's why I did it!! I thought it would be fun to shop together and encourage each other!!! I am curious--what are those 2 gifts that you got your dd? My dd (5) is really starting to like horses..and I didn't get her any horse stuff. I had already planned what to get her before she really started talking about it. And we love games.. so give me a head's up!! Thanks!!

Mana Liz~ We kinda vary on how much we spend each year. When we draw names it's usually about a $25 limit. For friends and people we want to show appreciation to, we make a goodie basket. I spend a day with the kids making cookies, fudge, whatever, and we put it in tins and give them out. This year the list is longer!!! But, we enjoy it and it's so much better than trying to figure what people want, or would the kids like it. We get the kids gifts on their bdays, so this is great--and a lot cheaper!!!

For my kids, I generally spend around $3 or $400.Some years more, some less. But, I always get it as close as possible. I know some parents spend way more on one kid than another,and I just can't do that!! It works out-you just gotta plan!! For my parents(my in-laws have both passed away), I spend whatever!Step-dad is kinda hard to buy for, so, sometimes I get him a book or cd that he wants, then a very nice shirt, or something like that. Mom is getting harder!! Ha!! This year I got her a set from Origins, and am stuck at that!! I will probably get her something that the kids pick.

I think your list is impressive! I use to buy for all the kids I babysat too!!! They were always so cute!!--And thankful!

The amount we spend is entirely dependent on economic factors, to be honest.

My BIL and his wife are business owners (chiropractors) with a new baby.

My bro & SIL just came back from a year in Switzerland and have new jobs and a house.

So, the dollar amount varies... but we have pretty small families, in the end. We only have to buy for the brothers and their wives (and now our niece), both sets of parents, and for my family - my aunt, uncle, and a cousin.

My friends and I have made a no gift pact. We all live far apart, so when we get to travel to spend time together, that's the money we'd otherwise spend on gifts.

My DH and I, well, that depends on how we are doing. Do we have any credit card debt that we could spend Christmas money on? (this year, no) Is there anything big we want as a household gift? (this year, yes, and we got ourselves a PS3) However, his parents then handed us each a check as our presents at Thanksgiving. We agreed to use that money to buy gifts for each other this year, so we have something to open.

+++

I'm entirely done with my shopping, now. I bought the last gifts the other night on Amazon and am having it shipped straight to my mom to wrap for my dad. My dad, who has an LL Bean card with free shipping, bought my mom's present for me, and he'll wrap it, too.

My cousin, aunt, and uncle's gifts are wrapped and boxed up, so I just need to ship them back to MA.

My bro & SIL's gifts are wrapped, but I haven't found a big enough box to ship their stuff (heh!) in, yet.

DH's presents are half at the house (and half of them are under the tree) and half winging their way across the country.

Now, my DH, on the other hand... just last night asked his bro about Christmas. We're going to the mall after work to pick up the SIL gift, he'll mail order his brother's, and I'm not sure he's thought about his parents yet. And those all need to be shipped, too! Men!!

So all I have to do is ship and wrap! :)

You are very welcome!!! That's why I did it!! I thought it would be fun to shop together and encourage each other!!! I am curious--what are those 2 gifts that you got your dd? My dd (5) is really starting to like horses..and I didn't get her any horse stuff. I had already planned what to get her before she really started talking about it. And we love games.. so give me a head's up!! Thanks!!

Hi Disney Mommy 3

The personalized Horse lap desk I got at a specialty toy store called Learning Express. They have a few in the suburbs here but I think they may be available online...you could try googling them. I did and it worked but I was unable to locate the item online.

I found a similar one on Amazon price looked comparable (mine I bought at a store sale) check it out it says only 4 left in stock as I checked right now

Mine is a small lap desk with an attached pillow on the bottom w/ a carrying handle. They had 2 designs w/ painted horses on them and then the store personalized it w/ her name for free.

The game Blokus has a few versions but I bought the traditional one. I got it at Target for 29.99 (it was one of the few things I bought not on sale). It's a strategic tile game. I think it builds math and thinking skills and she's played it at school.

Hope that helps.

PS I'll pm you w/ another catalog that my DMom ordered from a few nice horse things, a pillow case and one of those sitting up bed or floor pillows w/ the back and arm rests...just need to ask her what catalog it was.

Also Target has some nice horse figures and doll sets.

good luck!

Hi Disney Mommy 3

The personalized Horse lap desk I got at a specialty toy store called Learning Express. They have a few in the suburbs here but I think they may be available online...you could try googling them. I did and it worked but I was unable to locate the item online.

I found a similar one on Amazon price looked comparable (mine I bought at a store sale) check it out it says only 4 left in stock as I checked right now

Mine is a small lap desk with an attached pillow on the bottom w/ a carrying handle. They had 2 designs w/ painted horses on them and then the store personalized it w/ her name for free.

The game Blokus has a few versions but I bought the traditional one. I got it at Target for 29.99 (it was one of the few things I bought not on sale). It's a strategic tile game. I think it builds math and thinking skills and she's played it at school.

Hope that helps.

PS I'll pm you w/ another catalog that my DMom ordered from a few nice horse things, a pillow case and one of those sitting up bed or floor pillows w/ the back and arm rests...just need to ask her what catalog it was.

Also Target has some nice horse figures and doll sets.

good luck!

Thank you!!!

Just when I thought I was done...:sad2:

We had breakfast with Santa:santa: this morning and my son is SET on the fact that Santa will be bringing him the VTech Wall-e Learning Laptop. I have been trying to talk him out of it but he is so sure that Santa will bring it. SO it looks like I have more shopping to do. This is it though Santa IS TIRED & DONE!!!!! Here's my FINAL- and I mean FINAL- shopping list. My sister is watching the kids tomorrow for an hour or so while I hit Walmart and Target one LAST TIME!!!!

Wall-e Learning Laptop
Candy for Stockings
AA batteries for toys
iron on transfer paper to make Disney shirts for my parents (oops forgot all about that until today! My to do list should be getting shorter not longer at this point right? :confused3 )
oh and more wrapping paper :laughing:

Bah Humbug! Santa is tired. :faint:

I know Kim!! I thought of a couple of things yestersay(like stocking candy) that I have had no time to get--sans kids!! I just forgot it till about 8:00 last night!! Oh well, there is still time!!

That's it Santa's done! Last night after the kids went to bed dh and I sorted everything out-decided what to wrap, what would be left out from Santa and what will be going into the stockings. Well really I got it out to show dh what he and Santa are giving our kids for Christmas this year:laughing: All that is left is to wrap- perhaps tonight! :santa:

glad to see most people are almost done....

Just a few things left on the list for me:

Did finish up the 4 kids officially, bought DH an electronic dartboard, ipod speakers and some candy, picked up a little snowman family figure 70 % off for my sister and her family (it was just too cute and the price :thumbsup2 )

DH and I actually started wrapping earlier this week, still basically have all the kids stuff though :eek:

Today I'm finishing up the kids crafts to the family (putting pictures in ornaments and wrapping) and finishing up the special scrapbook page frame for my DSIL and BIL.

As far as buying:

just need to get one more thing for my brother's girlfriend to finish up the grabbag to her. Have two options either a Bears hat or a giftcard depending if I can find and how much the hat is....

I think that is it (hopefully):goodvibes

All wrapped up! I wrapped my daughter's in Princesses Christmas and my son's in Mickey Christmas! Phew it feels great to be done! Only 2 more days to wait!

Thanks for this thread... it helped me get myself organized and kept me on my toes this Christmas! Plus it was a nice place to vent!:laughing:

:santa: Merry Christmas Everyone!:santa:

Your welcome!! Ha!! I loved it!! I don't have any friends who are into Disney like we are, so this was great for me too!!!! I still have to wrap my mom and step-dads....I don't know why I havent. Well, really every time I get it out, somebody needs me!!! so,I will do that later today. Glad you are all finished!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter