Christmas Shopping 2008

Which Buzz? I just got one for my son at Target for $19. It comes with a compass.

I think it must be the same one...the Electronic Deluxe Backyard Buzz..it says it come with a compass. I'll check Target this weekend. Thanks for the info.

So I did get some things ordered and am having them shipped to my work. And tonight I got a couple of things from Wal Mart so I'm off to a start! :cool1:

We had a hard time finding Buzz last year for his birthday and finally found it at Walmart. It broke a few weeks back and since Buzz is his best friend of course we had to find a new one. Target was the only place I found it. Good luck!

Hello everybody---I have been out of town since Thursday afternoon----went to my moms so the kids could T or T with their little cousin-- we had a blast!

Visited Hallmark today and got our ornaments for this year and my wrapping paper!!!! YIPPEE!!!! The kids want to decorate for Christmas this weekend!!! I just may have to start. We can't have too much Christmas can we? I mean,it's already been really cold here quite early!! Keep shopping!!!!!! I think we can all be finished by Dec 1----that's giving a little extra time for you B F shoppers!!!!:laughing:

Bumping up our thread!!! I am going to start getting out the tree and lights,ornaments all that this week. Then I will get those presents wrapped!!! I just wanted to check in with all of you and see how you are progressing on those Christmas lists!! We are at 44 days til Christmas, so less than that to shop!! Only 6 weekends left!! Let's get busy!!!:santa:

I got my wrapping paper!!! Target had the cutest Mickey and Minnie paper. They also had Tink and Pooh!!!! Now to find time to wrap? :confused: I wish my son still took naps!

I can't wait to get out my decorations either. We go for our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I'll start decorating then. :santa:

Yeah for you Kim!!:cheer2: I need to wrap as well--I am sooo excited! I plan to get my stuff out tonight or tomorrow night-start some decorating then!! Woo-Hoo!!! I got the paper from Hallmark that says "Special Delivery from the North Pole"-- it's sooo cute!!

Hey gang!! Well, I cleaned out the attic!! (which means all the Christmas stuff and the presents I have been hiding!!). Hubby is going to hang the lights this afternoon!!! I wrapped all my kids stuff!!! Now I think I need to take a tiny nap---we had 2 little people spend the night and guess who didn't get much rest!!? I am about to drop! Plus that attic business is tiring!!! Happy shopping!!

Good for you getting everything wrapped! I'm done shopping but haven't wrapped any of it yet. I got a couple of bags of candy for the stockings this past weekend so now I am OFFICIALLY done the shopping part. Now if I could just close my eyes and ignore all the great Black Friday deals like Leapster games at Target for $15!!!! No that's it I'm done...no matter how good the deals are...I'm done! Gotta save the rest of my $$$ for the actual trip!

:cheer2: Yeah for Kim!! Aren't you glad that's over!! I wouldn't shop Black Friday for any sale:rotfl: I do NOT like crowds!!!

Okay people,we have 4 shopping weekends left!!!!!! I did wrap my stuff-but it's not getting put under the tree till after Thanksgiving!! I have several small people coming over that might be tempted to dig!!!!! Hope your T-day is awesome!!!

Um, not sure whether this should go here or in the UK fora, but TK Maxx have large displays of Disney dressing-up costumes with tiaras etc in a bag attached for £9.99 each (gold, pink and blue for the princesses - sorry, was in a hurry) and the 99p stores have stacks of Disney stationery.

One of my nicest memories of a recent trip to the Magic Kingdom was watching small people dash about in costume - I'm rather too tall.

Hello all you shoppers!! How did you do for Black Friday? I know lots of you were waiting till then to get busy!!! Well, we have only got 24 shopping days & 3weekends till the big day!!!!

I know I said I wasn't going out for Black Friday BUT then I saw that Target was having a sale on a dual screen DVD player for the long car ride so I found myself standing outside in a long line at 5am. :rolleyes1 We weren't going to buy one until after Christmas but I couldn't pass it up- only $88!!!!!

Of course then i had to head over to Walmart and got my kids the 2' tall Mickey and Minnie plush dolls for $10- they're going to look so cute sitting under the tree! Plus they'll double as pillows for the long car ride. I also got my hubby and I some jeans from Old navy for the trip- we desperately needed clothes!

It wasn't as bad as I expected- I steered clear of the electronics department at Walmart- you should have seen those people fighting over those TV'S!!!:eek:

I think I'll start wrapping this week. I still have to head to the Disney Store and get some Disney Dollars for my niece and nephew yet. At least I'm done for my kids though. This is the earliest I've ever been done! :cool1:

Yeah for you!! I am finished with my hubby!! Yeah:cheer2: Finished with my nephew and SIL, and part of my step-dads!Talked with my mom and my uncle about a Harry and Davids fruit basket for my granddad, so I need to decide what to get. Now, I just gotta finish step-dad and mom! They are the last to go!!! So....everything else is wrapped and under the tree. It's so pretty-I feel that I can rest.
We are out of school for a while, this week is my son's 13th bday:scared1: Where did the time go? I always get weepy at birthdays-I am so thankful God gave them to me and they are healthy and happy,but at the same time, they are growing so fast, and I miss them being babies. So, it's kinda meloncholy for me. But, he's sooooo excited to be 'teen'!!!! YIKES!! People that haven't seen us for a long time, or know my husband and haven't met me always flip out thinking I am a kid!! I know they think I got married at 12 Ha!!!! Especially when my kids are almost bigger than me. So, my little man will love telling people he's my teenage kid.;)

Well, that got off-track----sorry. What I was going to say was that after this week when the bday is over,we are going to start on our friends/family gift tins. Every year we make cookies and fudge and goodies and put them in a Christmas tin and give to our friends and family that we don't do gifts with. We enjoy it and it's fun to let the kids participate, so that's the next thing I need to start planning for. Looooots of sugar and flour!!:lmao: So, I gotta get those lists going!

Except for a gift card for my sister from my Mom...we are finished shopping. Since I still live at home, I help my Mom with the shopping and gift wrapping (this is my favorite part). I have finished wrapping everything except the Santa presents.

If anyone is looking for Disney wrapping...I always get it from the Dollar Tree.

Well, I didn't start shopping until Sunday. And I haven't done any, since!!

First, JCPenney.com sent me a code for free shipping on an order of $25 or more. Hmm, fight with crowds or have the gifts come to my door for the same cost? SOLD! I picked up my aunt's gift (a sweater and a necklace) and my mom's cousin's gift (a necklace).

Then, my brother told me he thought I should pick out some fun knitting stuff for my sister-in-law. Off I went to Knitpicks.com - hey, they offer free shipping, after $50, too! I picked up some yarn samplers and two pairs of really pretty knitting needles. Done!

My parents suggested that I get a season of Monk on DVD for my uncle. Well, Amazon is having a DVD sale through today. And my sister-in-law suggested I get golf supplies for my brother. And Amazon carries golf balls and tees. Done and DONE!

I still have my mom, my dad, the other half of my brother's gift... and my DH's. Eek!

DH still has his parents (he said "webcam! so they can watch their granddaughter" - our niece), his brother, his SIL, and me.

Of course, we're 13 hours from either set of parents, so we need to get cracking!! :scared1:

Hey Sarah!!:wave2:

Girl, you better get to shopping!!!! You have got lots accomplished tho'!! I have thought about getting into knitting.....but I don't know what I would knit!!! I guess I could start learning and make blankets for our friends next year. How hard is it? I am sooooo not creative--do you take a class for the beginning, or did you teach yourself?

Hey Sarah!!:wave2:

Girl, you better get to shopping!!!! You have got lots accomplished tho'!! I have thought about getting into knitting.....but I don't know what I would knit!!! I guess I could start learning and make blankets for our friends next year. How hard is it? I am sooooo not creative--do you take a class for the beginning, or did you teach yourself?

My mom taught me to knit! From there, I used Stitch'N'***** as my reference manual (since Mom lives 13 hours away) and have recommended it (successfully!) to a few friends who wanted to learn to knit. knittinghelp.com is also a very good website.

If you do want to take the leap into knitting... get an inexpensive pair of metal needles (perhaps a size 7) and a skein of 100% cotton yarn (usually under $2) and work from there. Why cotton? Well, you can make dishcloths/washcloths from them! You can learn how to knit, make something small AND make something useful. Much faster than a scarf. Once you've decided that, hey, this knitting thing is cool, then you can branch out into blankets or hats or baby clothing.

+++

I did buy the other part of my brother's Christmas gift yesterday. I'm getting him goofy puffy slippers that look like golf shoes! As for DH, he hasn't finished figuring out what he wants... and my dad is going to order my mom's gift for me. I'm getting there!!

Thank you Sarah!!! I am going to check that out!! I usually spend any free time I have reading--but I have heard that knitting is so peaceful. I know it's becoming the 'thing' to do!! You know, not just for little 'ole grannys anymore!! Ha!!! Congrats on getting the Christmas things done!!! I have to finish my parents and I am finished!! Yeah me!!:cheer2:

I havn't posted in awhile but we (I) have gotten alot more shopping done in the last weeks.

So to recap what is done and what is left:

My kids:

DS (9): is done Except for stocking, what we bought:

9 books
2 Playmobile Zoo sets to go w/ his big set he got for b-day earlier this year
Rush Hour Game
2 Wall-E toys
a message board for his door
a Mystery dectective code book w/ pen
a card game from his sisters
a art sketch book w/ cover done in his own art work
From Santa wish: hopefully the big man can score on Ebay an original non-opened Toy Story Army bucket full of soliders

in his stocking
misc Star Wars, Dinosaur and candy trinkets from the dollar bins

Need to buy: just 2-3 more things for stocking

spent about $161 on him

DD (9): is officially DONE!:thumbsup2 what we bought her

American Girl puzzle set from her siblings
Drawing Horses book/kit
room message board
6 books
Ironing Beads set
AG Felicity holiday doll for the doll
AG Mini Kit doll and book set
personalized Horse lap desk
Blockus game
a journal w/ her own art work on the cover
From Santa wish the big man may order 2 horse and girl figure toys

in her stocking:
a messanger cap
Camp rock mini notebook
stickers
cmass socks
lip balm
mini horse figure

spent about $165 on her

DD (6): is almost done, what we bought so far

4 books
room message board
Plush Aurora and Prince Phillip dolls
Belle paperdoll to color
Princess Paper doll kit
Sleeping Beauty doll w/ light up dress and fairies
BrainQuest for K cards
Princess castle blocks
voice enhacing microphone from siblings
a new cd case w/ her own artwork on the cover

in stocking:
tink braclet and necklace
3 charcater socks
stickers
princess markers, pencils
mini ariel notebook

left to get:
Sleeping Beauty jewelery game
From Santa wish Princess easy bake oven

spent so far approx: $106.50

for DD (2): is almost done what we bought so far

4 books
Princess Slumber case w/ blanket and pillow
message board
Mickey Mouse phone
MM clubhouse placemat
Belle doll
plush "alive" dog in purse
From Santa wish he may go to WDW and bring her back a Snow White and drawves play figurine play set

in stocking
tink pez dispenser
holiday plastic bowls
minnie mouse plush animal
holiday sppon & fork set

Left to get:
1 small $5 or under simple thing from her siblings

spent so far on her: $91.35

Plus as a family gift we bought the Wall-E DVD and Disney Think fast Wii game

For the rest of our family and friend shopping

What is left:

to finish off the sibling grabbags: up to $30 left on my brother and up to $10 left on his girlfriend

Make special family scrapbook/picture frame for DSIL and family

Buy movie rental g/c for older nieces gift baskets

buy a game for nephew

buy something for DH in $25 range

put together school teachers gifts w/ the kids

finish family crafts from the kids

put toghether soup or dessert jars for a few friends

Still a bit left to do in the last 14 days...but feeling pretyy good about it and the amount of $ we have spent.

Thanks OP for this thread and helping me stay organized and inspired. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter