Christmas Challenge - Healthy for the Holidays! (UPDATED 12/25)

Checking in here after a long absence. Between Thanksgiving and sick kids it's been difficult finding 2 minutes to myself. Still holding steady at 4.5/15 for the challenge. I most likely won't make my goal, but I'm hanging in there.

luvmy2sams - Great job maintaining that loss!!! Keep up the great work!!! :cool1:

Royal Cinderella - I'll be watching your clippies when I update - great job staying on program!!! :flower:

TiffJ - Great job on the 2 pound loss!!! You are doing awesome!!! ;)

gradtchr - Your menu looks good!!! How is the rest of your weekend going? :)

DoomBuggyBabe - Awesome job on the 2 pound loss!!! Way to go!!! :cool1:

Tera - Sorry to hear about the gain! How is your weekend going? I know you will have a great week coming up - we are here to cheer you on!!! :cheer2:

honeybee213 - Great job on the stair running!!! And congrats on losing that pound!!! :banana: I hope this week is less stressful!!! :grouphug:

chelle3807 - Great job going to the gym while you are so busy - I know how stressful the end of the semester is!!! How is that project going? Hope you have a terrific week and are able to relax soon!!! ;)

Goofy Mom - Sorry to hear about the scale. It seems like all the Christmas festivities started even earlier this year - it has been really hard!!! We can do this, though!!! :cheer2: How was the shopping? Hope you had fun!! :goodvibes

catherine - Awesome job on the loss!!! :cool1: You are doing great!!! You are over halfway to your goal!!! :banana:

Well, I need to run - Children's Musical is tonight at church, and my youth choir is the Angel Praise Team! :goodvibes Hope everyone has a great rest-of-the-weekend! PD for a super week!!! :wizard:

The scale moved!!! I lost 3 lbs *officially* so now I'm at 7/10. What a relief!!!

Have a great week everyone!

frogmommy - That's awesome!!!!! :cool1: You are so close to your goal!!!! I'm going right now to change your stats! ;) Keep up the great work!!!! :banana:

Wow everyone talk about a motivation with the losses!!! Great job!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

My weekend was pretty good don't really remember what I ate but it was healthy. I'm remembering lots of salads. DH and I are going to several Christmas parties this week so we are altering our other days and doing soy protein shakes, snacks, and healthy dinner to offset any potential problems. Thankfully it's only for this week. Excercise wise we sat down this weekend and counted all the gift cards and cashed in points and bought a PS2 and the Kinetics game. I said I wanted to focus on my workouts this month and after day 2 of this I can tell that it certainly will. I am sore today-it is definitely targeting muscles I'm not used to using and it feels great!!!!

I am just so excited for everyone who has seen a loss this week-GREAT JOB everyone!!!!

heatherfeather24 & frogmommy Good job on the weight loss! It sure is nice!!

crzy4pooh- Well, the project is done and handed in. I have a feeling I did really well, but we will wait and see. I can already feel the stress lifting off my shoulders knowing there are no more projects. Thanks for the encouragment. Hope you are doing well and have a great night!!

This weekend was an okay one. I didn't eat as healthy as I should have, and I did give in once or twice. It's a new week and I'm just going to forget about it. Can't change it, so I am moving on. :) I was at the gym today for 45 minutes. And that is the first time I went since Friday.

I'm at a standstill for now. Last week I stayed the same and I don't feel like this week is going any better. Oh well I will try to get back into it.
Good luck everyone!

I lost 2.5 this week. That puts me at 7/10!
Thanks!
Jana

Well it looks like this was the motivation I needed. Since joining in on this thread a week ago I have finally been able to loose 2 pounds so that puts me at 2/5! I have really been thinking about what I am eating and have increased my fruits and veges a little and will work at increasing them even more this week. Now I really need that self-control to kick in and keep me away from the St. Nick candy!

Thanks everyone for the motivation!

Cheryl

heatherfeather24 - Awesome job on the loss!!! :cool1: You are doing great - keep up the good work!!! You can do it!!! :flower:

gradtchr - Enjoy your new workout game! Let us know how you like it! Hope you have a great time at those Christmas parties, too! :goodvibes

chelle3807 - Yea for being done with the projects!!! You must feel awesome!!! :teeth: Now you can relax a little and enjoy the holidays! :goodvibes And great job going to the gym!!! :banana:

KilimanjaroSafaris78 - WELCOME!!! :sunny: We're so glad you joined us!!! I'll add you to the list as soon as I post this! ;) Please let us know how things are going!!! You can do it!!! :cheer2:

Lindamary123 - PD for a smaller number on the scale!!! :wizard: Good job maintaining during this time of year, though!! How can we encourage you to get back into it? :grouphug:

jayna22 - Awesome job on losing 2.5 this week!!! :banana: You are so close to your goal, too!!! You can do it!!!! :cheer2:

Cheryl N. WI - Congrats on your loss!!! :cool1: I need to get focused more on my fruits and veggies, too - thanks for the reminder!! :goodvibes Hope you have a great week!!! :flower:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :cheer2: Does anyone have any healthy holiday snack ideas to share? :wave2:

Well Party 1 and 2 got cancelled for today and have been postponed for next week. Party 3 is Friday. We are having winter weather which in my area of Texas means if there's sleet and the threat of ice the whole world shuts down. :banana: :banana: We got sent home from work at 1-but we took our lunch break at noon so we just came home. YEAH!! Now the bad thing is I had already bought all the salad stuff for work so we had it for lunch which is great but I have to buy it again next week too. Oh well I got to come home, and the chance is that work will be closed tomorrow as well. Darn!

I got on the scale this morning and something was wrong with it so I'll weight again tomorrow.

I've lost one more pound. I am going to change my goal to lose three more. (I think that will be a total of 8) That will be put at 20 pounds lost and 20 more to go!

It is so hard this time of year! Good luck everyone! Keep moving! That is the only thing helping me because I am eating way off plan!

Add 1.6 for me for a total of 7.6 but it may be hard to make 12. Oh well, anything lost is good! :flower:

I'm down another .5. Yeah!!!!! I knew the 8 pound gain yesterday was wrong.

Another 3 lbs down!!! That gets me 1/2 way to my Christmas goal & I get a new clippie too :cheer2:

Keep up the good work everyone. It's not easy being good this time of year, but just staying focused & not eating everything in sight is better than most people do. Won't it feel good to know you've lost this holiday season!

Wow, sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!!
I'm still hanging in there. Dusted off the tread mill last night. Only walked about 30 minutes but I figured some is better than the nothing I have been doing the last few weeks since Thanksgiving. Still trying to watch what I eat. Last night I made pasta and meatballs and had mine on a smaller plate than the rest of the family. Going to try that trick for a bit.
Last week I applied for an at home data entry job and got a phone call yesterday to set up an interview as I had passed the proof reading part of the application. I am so excited. Right now this would be a perfect job for me. We'll see how it goes.
DH and DS are going camping this weekend and will be sleeping in tents while my DD and I will be toasty warm in our beds. It's pretty cold here in NY. Kids were delayed an hour this morning due to the cold. They are going to freeze!!!!!
That's all just wanted to congrats everyone on how well your doing. Doesn't seem possible that Xmas is only a couple of weeks away. Gotta go shopping!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in the for the week....I lost 1 pound at weigh in last night. So put me down for a total of 8 pounds lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter