Christmas Challenge - Healthy for the Holidays! (UPDATED 12/25)

KilimanjaroSafaris78 - CONGRATS on the 3.5 pound loss!!!! :cool1: You are doing awesome!!!! :flower:

Nanabug02 - YEA for your loss!!!! :banana: Keep up the great work!!! :goodvibes

Goofy Mom - GREAT JOB on the treadmill time!!! ;) And I like your idea of using a smaller plate! Lots of prayers and pixiedust for your job interview!!! :wizard: Please let us know when it is!

TiffJ - CONGRATS on your 3 pound loss!!!! :cool1: And yea for being halfway to your Christmas goal (and for getting a new clippie)!!! :flower: You are definitely an inspiration - especially during this time of year!!!

gradtchr - YEA for your loss!!!! :banana: How are all the parties going? Did they get rescheduled? Hope you have a great weekend!! :)

Lindamary123 - GREAT JOB on your loss, too!!!! :banana: You are doing great - keep going!!!! :teeth:

K and K's Mommy - AWESOME JOB on your loss!!!! :cool1: I will definitely change your goal! ;) Keep up the great work!!!

Things have been crazy for me. Christmas time shouldn't be stressful, but it always is - and I just want to eat!!! :blush: We can do this, though!!! Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!!!! :cheer2:

Slowly moving towards the goal..............

4.6/10 lbs.! :cool1:

I am down 4 lbs in two weeks for a total of 10/12! Just a few more weeks until Christmas!

Andrea

I weighed in this morning the same as last week. I was actually surprised I hadn't gained with all the junk I ate this week :blush: I guess all the shoveling I had to do helped some, cause I only got one formal workout this week! Hope everyone else is doing great. All these losses are so inspiring :cheer2:

just wanted to check in---
haven't lost anything since my vacation in disney :guilty: :guilty:

so i figures i'd better add some exercize to my day-- starting today--

i really would love to make my christmas goal!!!!

hope everyone has a great week!!!

HI All,
Was very surprised to see that I am back at my 5/10 loss today.
Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!
Now if that scale would just either stay or go down and not back up those one or two pounds until I can lose more I'd be all set.
If I don't make it to my goal by Christmas I'll give myself one more week to lose as my birthday is the 31st so I would LOVE to be a bit thinner for the new year.

Job interview is Wednesday morning. I hope it goes well. If I can work my own hours from home it would be awesome!!!!

Hey, any Survivor fans here???Wasn't the show great last night. I am so happy that Danni won. Did anyone see her this morning on TV? She is a beautiful girl and she seems so down to earth.

Hope everyone has a good week!

jlawall - GREAT JOB on your loss!!!! :cool1: You are doing awesome!!! :teeth:

Miandrea - WAY TO GO on your 4 pound loss!!!! :banana: You are so close to your goal!!! :earseek:

heatherfeather24 - AWESOME JOB on your loss, too!!!! :cheer2: Keep up the great work!!! :flower:

honeybee213 - GREAT JOB maintaining this week!!!! :cool1: And yea for getting in that workout and all the shoveling!!! :cold:

njcarita - How was your exercise today? ;) You can do this - you are so close to your goal!!! :cheer2:

Goofy Mom - YEA for your loss!!!! :banana: And happy early birthday - that would be a wonderful birthday present for yourself!!! :bday: Lots of PD for great interview! Please let us know how it goes! :wizard: And YES I am a huge survivor fan. I was sooooo excited it was delayed in our area due to the late football game. We had a concert at church last night, and I got home just in time for the start - it was awesome!!! I really liked Danni, Rafe, and Stephenie (not so much for this season - more for last season). I didn't see Danni and Steph on TV this morning - I was driving, so listened to them on the radio! :teeth: They all looked amazing during the reunion show! Now I can't wait until tomorrow night for the Amazing Race finale!!! ;)

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas season!!! We've had a busy weekend - had DH's work party (DS got to see Santa and ride a horse!!!! :love: ) And we ran over to MGM to see the lights Saturday night - they were beautiful and we had a blast! Dress rehearsals and concerts the past two weekends... and the season is just getting started! But I love it!!! :teeth: Eating is doing much better - in spite of having a bad cold. Yea! This week I have to make cookies for DS's preschool party. :scared1: Usually that would be bad news for my weight, but I got the pre-made dough, so hopefully I will be able to resist! :rolleyes1 Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! Less than two weeks til Christmas!!!! :teeth:

The weekend was nuts with very little sleep being had so no in the best frame of mind for eating-as in eat when I could stomach food I was so tired food was not good for a lot of it but I did workout.

My day yesterday:
b-none
s-100's pack of fruit snacks
l-salad
s-100's pack of oreos
60 minutes at the gym
d-salad

My day today:
b-none
s-granola bar
l-braised chicken in red wine sauce w/ spinach salad
s-none
d-salad
40 minutes of lower body weights
s-gingersnaps

My week at a glance:
m-sane food wise insane otherwise
t-same as monday
w-two parties in one day can I handle this??????
t-scheduled to go out w/ friends we'll see what happens
f-one or two parties both potluck
Everything that was cancelled last week is back this week. I am :sick: of parties.

I lost two more pounds this week. That puts me at 9/10!
Thanks!
Jana

Yikes! I haven't had time to update here in awhile. I'm down another 2.5 pounds, so that puts me at 7/15 for the challenge. :)

luvmy2sams - CONGRATS on your loss!!! :cool1: You are doing awesome!!! How are things going for you? :flower:

jayna22 - YEA for losing 2 more!!! :banana: You are sooooo close to your goal!!! You can do it!!!! :cheer2:

gradtchr - Good job on your workouts!!! :cheer2: Your schedule looks crazy - how are things going so far? :sunny:

I'm off to change our stats - great job on the losses!!! Things are going okay for me - I have bronchitis, so not feeling much like eating or exercising. (The no-eating is probably a good thing at this time of year!!!) ;) Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!! Only 1.5 weeks left 'til Christmas - you can do it!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Had one party yesterday and didn't do bad at all. The dinner with friends was cancelled somebody got sick. Fridays party I am missing because I decided a day off to go shopping and relax was a much better plan. There are a few more meals with friends mixed in but I can do this!!!! I think I am close to being down one size. My size 8 Tommy's which were snug in October are now the jeans of choice and I think a smaller size might be better (hence the shopping Friday)

Everyone is doing so good!! I have tos ay thanks because hearing how everyone was doing and the plans you are making has truly been a motivation.

crzy4pooh-I hope you feel better soon!!!!! Do you and DH plan on doing any running while on vacation? DH and I are considering taking our bikes with us but aren't sure yet-depends on weather.

Majorly slow start but............hoping for at least halfway to goal tomorrow!!! :cool1:

I lost 0.2 today. Not much but I'm glad I didn't gain. Total 7.8/12

I made it to halfway.............

5.4/10 pounds!!! :cool1:

Hi, everyone! It's great to see so many successes ~ congrats to you guys :flower:

I haven't lost the weight I was hoping for but I also haven't any gained any with all the baking and parties, etc. ~ and that really worried me!
The really good news is, DH is moving some stuff and clearing out a corner of the bedroom for me to set up my treadmill and my stepper over Christmas vacation so I can finally get back to the exercise routine that I need :cool1:
Before I slacked off on the exercise, I actually was losing weight so hopefully this will do the trick for me :blush:

I'm done 1.8 for a total of 11.8/12...so close. It will be a tough week for me, lots of parties but if I keep exercising, I should meet my goal!

Andrea

Down one more pound for a total of 6/10. My grandma passed away yesterday, so it will be a tough week for me to get in workouts and eat healthy. So far I've been good since I found out though.

honeybee213 - I am so sorry for your loss! :grouphug: Big hugs and prayers for you and your family!!! Congrats on your loss - and we will be thinking about you during this difficult week. :grouphug:

Miandrea - Congrats on your loss - you are sooooooo close!!!!! :banana: You are doing great! :teeth:

stacy347 - Great job maintaining during this season!!! :cool1: And yea for setting up your treadmill and stepper! You can do it!! :cheer2:

jlawall - Yea for being halfway!!! :cheer2: You are doing awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!! :flower:

Lindamary123 - Yea for your loss!!! :banana: Those .2's add up, and that is awesome - especially during the "eating season"! ;)

gradtchr - Yea for your clothes fitting better - that's always a great feeling!!! :banana: And great job on the parties so far! Hope you had fun shopping! :sunny:

Okay - we have one week to go - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter