Christmas Challenge - Healthy for the Holidays! (UPDATED 12/25)

Hi!

Just doing my weekly check in....I lost 2.4 pounds this week for a total of 9 pounds lost towards my goal. I had a great week and am very proud of my behavior! :cool1:

Hope everyone else is having a great week!

Happy Thanksgiving!

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Congrats to all our wonderful LOSERS!!!! :teeth:

Nanabug02, cbrfan, honeybee213, misslissa, Goofy Mom, K and K's Mommy, jayna22, catherine, and njcarita

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:​

:blush: I really hope I didn't miss anyone!!! You all are doing so great!!! What an inspiration to stick with it tomorrow!!!! :goodvibes

chelle3807 - Great job on those workouts!!! You rock!!! :cool1:

Magical Mom - not to worry about the scale issue. I'll be thinking of you early Friday morning as I'm waiting outside our Toys R Us, too!!! ;)

gradtchr - Hope you have a great trip and a wonderful Turkey Day! :flower1:

jennz - thanks for the reminder on those butter sticks - love to see them come off!!! Even if it takes a while, those pounds will start to add up. My weight watcher leader told us to go pick up a 5 pound bag of potatoes and carry it around the grocery store for a while. 5 pounds may not seem like alot until you've lugged it around for an hour! :rolleyes:

misslissa - You've been given great advice from the others. One thing I might add - WW and my doctor both told me that a safe rate of loss is 1% of your body weight. It has to do with how much fat vs. muscle vs. water you are losing. (I don't even pretend to understand anatomy stuff...) But that was really reassuring to me. 3 pounds a week is not realistic for long term health unless you are over 300 pounds and sticking to a specially designed program 100%. We all lose at different rates, and deal with different life issues. You've got to find your own groove, and the weight will come off. You are doing awesome - 2 pounds is great!!! :banana: Hugs!!!

Well, I need to turn in! You all are awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing in this challenge!!! :grouphug:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Is it too late for me to join in? I just finished the Thanksgiving challenge 10/10 I was so happy to meet my goal. I have to take one challenge at a time. Now that Thanksgiving is done, time to move on to the next one. These challenges are really helping me stay on track.

My goal is 10 lbs by Christmas.

I am going to eat what I want today (but since I've been doing good, I dont eat as much because I get full faster :) )
and tomorrow I'll be like the rest of you & work it off during the Black Friday madness! I read through some of the posts. You guys are doing great! :cheer2:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Lost 1.2 lbs for a total of 6 lbs. I'm at the half way mark!

6/12 Yippee!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Andrea

I lost 1.2 for a total of 6/12.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

3.8/10 lbs.......slowly but surely getting there!!! :cool1:

TiffJ - Congrats on making your Thanksgiving goal!!! :cool1: You are doing awesome!!! We would love to have you join! I will add you to the list as soon as I finish this post! We hope you check in often and let us know how things are going! :flower:

Miandrea - Halfway to your goal - Yippee!!!! :cheer2: Keep up the great work!!! :banana:

Lindamary123 - Congrats on your loss!!! :cool1: You also hit the halfway mark - way to go!!!! :flower1:

jlawall - Great job on your loss!!! :teeth: You can do it!!! :cheer2:

Hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving!!! :goodvibes We had fun at Sea World - DS fed the dolphins for the first time - sooooo cute!!! And we got to see the baby killer whale - just 13 hours old!!! :lovestruc Shopped most of the day on Friday, so I got a good amount of walking done between the two days. My eating has not been good, but I'm ready to get back on track. Please hold me accountable! :blush:

We are halfway through the challenge - you all are doing awesome!!! We can do this!!!! :grouphug:

I weighed in this morning for a total of 4/10!!!

I guess I was good even with the two Thanksgiving dinners! You guys are all doing so awesome! :cheer2:

I am officially UP 3 lbs since last week (and unofficially 5 since Wednesday). Last week was rough even without the holidays. Hopefully December will be better. In any event, please update my goal to 10 lbs instead of 15. I think that's way more realistic at this point, though I still may not make it. I'm listing my progress as 4/10.

I'm back and although I don't do my official weigh in until Wednesday I peaked at the scale and the damage doesn't look to bad. I'm hoping that by drinking all my water again this week it will be gone by Wednesday.

I like the idea about teh 5# bag of potatoes...I'll have to try that!

I'm trying to get back into the right mindset...I've been doing the "a little won't matter" for the past week. :earseek: Anyone have some motivation for me? :)

Jennifer - I'm right there with you!! My only advice is to plan exactly what you are going to eat and stick to it!

Well that is the problem is I have been - I've been planning on eating pizza, chips, cheesecake and I have! :rotfl2: (<-- actually that's going to be me stuck on my back if I keep it up!) Today I've been doing well...

Thanks! :)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I went to the gym today, but haven't been since Friday because I was pretty busy this weekend. I don't know if I will be able to meet my goal weight, but I'm going to keep trying!!

honeybee213 - YEA for your loss!!!! You are doing awesome!! :cool1:

frogmommy - So sorry to hear you had a rough week! :grouphug: No problem on changing your goal - I will take care of it in just a bit. Here's to a great week this week - you can do it!!! :cheer2:

gradtchr - Good job on not gaining during Thanksgiving! You are doing great! :banana:

jennz and K and K's Mommy - I'm right there with you on lacking motivation... I need to get out of the "deprived" mindset during the holidays. I plan also - but other foods just look soooo much better... We can cheer each other on, though! :cheer2: Hope you both have a great week!!! :flower:

chelle3807 - You are doing great with all your gym workouts!!! :banana: How are your clothes fitting? Sometimes when the scale is stuck, the inches are still coming off, and you are getting more toned. Keep up the great work!!! :cool1:

Hope everyone has a terrific week!!! Christmas is 3 weeks from this coming Sunday!!! :scared1: We can do this!!! :cheer2:

:wave:

It feels so good to be back and facing my own refridgerator instead of the million temptations that were around at Thanksgiving. Had to much on my mind tonight so I didn't get to the gym but I did get 30 minutes of DDR in. DH and I are looking at a PS2 for Christmas just for the new kinetics/personal training game they have come out with in connection with Nike Motionworks. Anyone know anything about it?

My day:
b-skipped
s-granola bar
l-crab cake sandwich w/chips
s-bar
30 min ddr
d-turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes (my mom was awesome and saved us some of their leftovers there's nothing like your own mom's dressing), and the best thing I only got one serving of it)
s-ginger snaps

Everyone is doing great!!!!!!! We can so do this before Christmas.

I'm only down .5 this week. I guess I had too much stuffing and pumpkin pie.
That puts me at 4.5/10.
Thanks.
Jana :flower:

crzy4pooh - I'm with you on the cheer squad! :cheer2: I'm UP 3 pounds this past week but that just means I'm heading on down now... ;)

gradtchr - I don't know anything about the Nike game, but my DH has the Yourself Fitness on XBox. I really like it. You put in your information and take some tests and then the "personal trainer" designs workouts for you. She always does cardio and then alternates strengthening and stretching exercises. You also tell her what equipment you have such as a step or hand weights.

I'm even for the week! I got all my exercise in so I definitely ate a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter