Chick-fil-a drive-thru question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Chick-Fil-a for dinner tonight. The one by me is on a very small lot, so if the drive-thru gets backed up, it quickly goes out onto the road. I went right at dinner time, so they had people outside. It is quick. It was less than 5 minutes between the time I got into the seemingly long line and was pulling out with my salad.

Employees don't work seven days a week, especially at a fast food joint, so lets not pretend that that's a reason, and i have a feeling that a small few of the Chick Fil A employees are spending the day with the Lord. They're imposing their religion on me and that's why I won't spend my dollars there. THANK YOU for jogging my memory on why I don't go there or to Hobby Lobby. I respect their right to close on Sunday - their store, their rule. My money, my rules.

PS we do take out at least 4-5 times a week - so my disposable dollars do count.

So if they chose to close on Monday you would be ok with that? They choose to close. That isn’t imposing anything on you.

I go to Cane’s as well as Chik Fil A. Cane’s chicken isn’t that great. I go for their sauce and tea! Without the sauce, I agree with you, pretty bland.
Isn't it great that there are plenty of places to satisfy different tastebuds!

And Chick-Fil-A rarely has cars in parking lot or drive through anytime I drive by. They will be the next ones on Fast Food Row to bite the dust.

You must live in a rare part of the country that does not enjoy some Chick-fil-A!

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/320615

So, how did Chick-fil-A rank so highly in total U.S. sales? By earning more per store than any other restaurant. A lot more. In fact, the average Chick-fil-A unit made around $4,090,900 in 2017. By contrast, the total sales for a McDonald’s ($2,670,320 per unit), Starbucks ($945,270) and Subway ($416,860) is $4,032,450.

That is astounding that Chick-fil-A makes more per store then the top three producing brands make per store combined!

And that is with paying all that extra labor to run the drive thru and being open one fewer day per week then McDonald's, Starbucks, and Subway! They must be doing something right.

You must live in a rare part of the country that does not enjoy some Chick-fil-A!

That is astounding that Chick-fil-A makes more per store then the top three producing brands make per store combined!

And that is with paying all that extra labor to run the drive thru and being open one fewer day per week then McDonald's, Starbucks, and Subway! They must be doing something right.
It’s obviously all the cultists...

The day off isn't the problem, at least for me. There are other things I, personally, take issue with. Not sure if the other posters disagree with the same things or other aspects.

Probably the same things that I take issue with. I'm actually a tad shocked that this would make me a "liberal activist." Learn something new everyday.

They prefer the CBD infused burgers. And CFA doesn't have avocados. Yes, I live part time in a world of Birkenstocks and chai and avocados. If it isn't organic, non gmo, health food, it is not worth eating.

Last edited:

II think its the closed on Sunday BS. I don't know..... :duck:
We are a little spoiled here in the US with assuming stores will be open on Sunday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_shopping

In the rest of the world, there are lots of regulations that either prevent stores from opening on Sunday, only allow them to open on certain Sundays, cause them to pay a fee to open on Sunday, or allow unrestricted opening by being in a "tourist" zone.

We are a little spoiled here in the US with assuming stores will be open on Sunday.

In the rest of the world, there are lots of regulations that either prevent stores from opening on Sunday, only allow them to open on certain Sundays, cause them to pay a fee to open on Sunday, or allow unrestricted opening by being in a "tourist" zone.

When I lived in NJ, all of Bergen county was shut down on Sunday.
In Texas, it’s a mix. A lot of small, independently owned shops might be closed on Sunday, along with liquid stores and car dealerships are also closed on Sunday.

We grabbed dinner at CFA tonight. DH asked if they still had the fish sandwich, and they did. He liked it. My favorite thing there is the cookies and cream shake. Soooooo good.

Well, I define a "gimmick" as something that appears to be something its not or do something it doesn't. This doesn't appear to do anything, it actually does it.

They are one of the two fastest drive thrus that we go through on a regular basis. They are fast and always have it right. Not something McDonalds can say regardless of the customers confusion on the drive thru lanes.

You must eat a lot of fast food to know which queues are the fastest, longest, etc. What is 'regular basis' in your book? We haven't eaten fast food in years, can't imagine eating it more than once a month to even be a possibility.

So a company that respects their employees enough to give every single one of them a day to rest and to spend time with their families and worship the Lord is BS?

Hoping they give their employees more than one day off, and are liberal enough to allow those that worship on Saturdays that day off instead. Otherwise, they're just pushing their religious agenda. Which they can do, but it doesn't make them admirable in my book.

So if they chose to close on Monday you would be ok with that? They choose to close. That isn’t imposing anything on you.

Yes! Where I live (Chicago, Italian neighborhood) most of the ma and pa Resturant’s are closed on Monday’s. It’s something we’re used to.

Good thing I don’t live in the rest of the world. I live right here in the good ole US of A. Where what I want and need is available to me on a Sunday.

Last edited:
Nothing. It is rubbery chicken although it does have a cult following. Luckily for us, there is a McDonalds, a Sonic, a Burger King, Popeyes, and about 10 other fast food restaurants in a row. The Chick-Fil-A near us hardly ever has traffic and I have never seen anyone outside taking orders.

Give me Canes chicken any day. WAY better than Chick Fil A.
Was just thinking that! ...and Popeyes...I prefer my Louisiana chicken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter