Chick-fil-a drive-thru question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Cane's or Popeyes had salad options. Zaxbys has got them all beat with their zalads!:)

I do like a chic fil a sandwich now and then. And their chicken noodle soup is almost as good as mine. I've told dh if I'm ever sick and can't make homemade soup, he's on call to get chic fil a soup for me. Politics aside.

You know, Sam's Club has a southern style chicken tender that comes close to chic fil a taste. Bought them for our Christmas party.

Last edited:
I wish Cane's or Popeyes had salad options. Zaxbys has got them all beat with their zalads!:)

I do like a chic fil a sandwich now and then. Politics aside.

You know, Sam's Club has a southern style chicken tender that comes close to chic fil a taste. Bought them for our Christmas party.

It’s funny, I like Zaxbys zalads but not their chicken fingers which I know is the same chicken that is in the salad! Lol. I wish they would bring back the Asian salad. It was so good! I don’t like their zaxbys sauce.

Our Popeyes is horrible! But I know the further south you go the better they seem to be. I keep wondering if it has something to do with regional management. We are forever stopping in Slidell at Popeyes. Short of that Bay St Louis. But never eat in the ones up here.

It’s funny, I like Zaxbys zalads but not their chicken fingers which I know is the same chicken that is in the salad! Lol. I wish they would bring back the Asian salad. It was so good! I don’t like their zaxbys sauce.

Our Popeyes is horrible! But I know the further south you go the better they seem to be. I keep wondering if it has something to do with regional management. We are forever stopping in Slidell at Popeyes. Short of that Bay St Louis. But never eat in the ones up here.

One of my husbands high school jobs was to clean restaurant kitchens. To this day, he refuses to eat at Popeyes because of that experience. He said the nastiest kitchens were in Popeye's restaurants.

Dd and I sneak out to Popeye's when he is away.

I love Zaxbys Mediterranean dressing

I’ve heard ppl say the Popeyes in other areas are bland...even the spicy. Don’t know if that’s true. Never ate Popeyes “abroad” lol.

Chik Fil A is pretty much an institution here in NC. I'd never had it until we moved here from NY 16 years ago. I enjoy it. They have customer service that the surly teens at McD's, Wendy's, etc just cannot even begin to compare with. I especially like their breakfast chicken bagel.

The drive thru at the one closest to us is slammed full pretty much all day, but the waits are low due to the efficient service.

You must eat a lot of fast food to know which queues are the fastest, longest, etc. What is 'regular basis' in your book? We haven't eaten fast food in years, can't imagine eating it more than once a month to even be a possibility.

Hoping they give their employees more than one day off, and are liberal enough to allow those that worship on Saturdays that day off instead. Otherwise, they're just pushing their religious agenda. Which they can do, but it doesn't make them admirable in my book.

Every time I go to Target, Walmart, Sam’s, or PetSmart I have to pass Chik Fil A. I see the lines. It’s dd’s Favorite, so when she and I go shopping, we usually stop either for breakfast or lunch.

We don’t have a place to eat lunch on campus so weeks that I don’t get to the grocery store or run out of stuff for lunch, I eat out and it’s usually fast food

I can’t imagne not eating it for years! Lol I keep saying we need to cut out more but we live busy lives and we have to eat.

I’ve heard ppl say the Popeyes in other areas are bland...even the spicy. Don’t know if that’s true. Never ate Popeyes “abroad” lol.

It is! The spicy is spicy but not tasty! It’s like it all tastes like the oil. So much better down your way!

I love the Chick-fil-a wrap. And their shakes when I'm being bad.

I don't mind them being closed on Sunday. I like that it gives the kids a weekend day off.

I think the ordering process they use during peak times does help speed things along - esp when they are taking payments before you get to the window.

The other day I drove through McDonalds for an iced tea and like always, the line was sooooo slow. I realized that the first window, where you pay, is where everyone got hung up. I don't know if it was the credit card machine or people picking pennies out from between their seats but it took ages. They were practically throwing the food out the 2nd window once you got to it.

Our ChickFilA's, during peak time, will have order takers in both lanes, someone taking payment closer to the window (they run a cord out to a machine on a stand), and then you just grab your food at the window. I like to earn points so I order on the app, pull into the drivethrough, and pick it up that way.

I was on a ChickFilA kick for awhile - I can get a relatively healthy meal there (grilled nuggets, kale salad or fruit, unsweet tea) but my chicken nuggets earlier this week were so grissly and gross, I can't stomach the thought of eating chicken there again for a long while.

Comparing chicken places, I LOVE Zaxby's salads (their strips are meh) but PDQ chicken strips are probably my favorite. Their sauces are FAR superior (made fresh daily), too.

Two years ago we went to Charleston SC to visit a friend of my sons who was stationed there. He introduced us to Chick Fil La and we loved it! It was easily the best fast food we have ever had. I didn't think we had any in NH where we live, but just last week while I was traveling on business, I discovered that we have one in the southern part of the state. I went through the drive thru. The line was very long, but I cruised right through! There was a person under an umbrella after your ordered, but before the window, who I paid. I was surprised as I had never seen anything like that before. (We ate inside in Charleston) I couldn't believe how fast I went through the line!

Now my husband and I want to plan a road trip so he can have some too!!

I guess since we don't have many in New England, I am pretty unaware of the political stuff.

After reading this thread, I too, am wondering what the deal is about Wendy's?? We have quite a few of those around up here and I have never heard anything political about them.

On topic, all the Chick-Fil-As in this area are very busy & have people taking orders in the drive-thru line. We don't eat there often, but I'm glad they try to make the wait in the drive-thru shorter. Their customer service is definitely better than most fast food restaurants.

Off topic, IMO, anyone who attempted to make this political or religious on either side should receive points to stop this nonsense. The OP was about a drive-thru at a fast food restaurant. That's a legitimate question. Why can't we discuss that without people pushing their political, religious or non-religious agenda? It's obvious that's the only reason some people posted. Many posts had nothing to do with the drive-thru. Most of us aren't dense. We all know the rules. You're not fooling anyone. Why do we have rules on this board, if they're not enforced? It's really getting old that people can't have a discussion without imparting their political or religious/atheist views into every discussion. It seems that people are becoming so brainwashed that they can't think beyond that. :sad2: We're never going to be able to live harmoniously, until people can learn to keep their political & religious opinions to themselves, when it's not asked for. Everyone who does this is the problem not the cure. You can't force someone to see things your way. All you can do is alienate them & make them more determined to push their agenda.

Last edited:
I think the ordering process they use during peak times does help speed things along - esp when they are taking payments before you get to the window.

The other day I drove through McDonalds for an iced tea and like always, the line was sooooo slow. I realized that the first window, where you pay, is where everyone got hung up. I don't know if it was the credit card machine or people picking pennies out from between their seats but it took ages. They were practically throwing the food out the 2nd window once you got to it.

Our ChickFilA's, during peak time, will have order takers in both lanes, someone taking payment closer to the window (they run a cord out to a machine on a stand), and then you just grab your food at the window. I like to earn points so I order on the app, pull into the drivethrough, and pick it up that way.

I was on a ChickFilA kick for awhile - I can get a relatively healthy meal there (grilled nuggets, kale salad or fruit, unsweet tea) but my chicken nuggets earlier this week were so grissly and gross, I can't stomach the thought of eating chicken there again for a long while.

Comparing chicken places, I LOVE Zaxby's salads (their strips are meh) but PDQ chicken strips are probably my favorite. Their sauces are FAR superior (made fresh daily), too.

We're okay with CFA & would choose that over McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc. We ate at Zaxby's once & thought it was similar in quality to KFC. We would choose either of those over CFA. The only time we ate at a PDQ was complimentary, due to exceptional CS by the manager. This was related to a random experience that had nothing to do with the restaurant. We were shocked, when they comped our meal. We really wanted to love it to support them, but we weren't impressed. If we return, it will only be to support the restaurant.

I miss CFA's chicken salad sandwich. Back in the 80s, they had a meal of three items served on a big lettuce leaf. One half of a canned peach, one scoop of cottage cheese, and one scoop of chicken salad. Three little domes. That was my favorite meal until they discontinued it.

I miss CFA's chicken salad sandwich. Back in the 80s, they had a meal of three items served on a big lettuce leaf. One half of a canned peach, one scoop of cottage cheese, and one scoop of chicken salad. Three little domes. That was my favorite meal until they discontinued it.

That sounds good. I need to find the recipe for the chicken salad, so I can duplicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter