Chick-fil-a drive-thru question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Our CFAs often cause backups into the main road. It's amazing. People just love that drive thru. Yet you can go inside and it's quite calm (unless is Saturday and all the kids' soccer games are winding up).

I honestly don't know how Burger King stays in business.
The Burger King closest to us is a franchise location. They always send us coupons in the mail. It's been a rare day that we've actually paid full price in several years.

I think Burger King here does at least somewhat well here. They seem to be busy enough when I look around at the several locations near me.

On the topic of Chick-Fil-A if ours is busy in the drive-thru it's chaotic inside too lol.

Ignoring the non-drive through related stuff....Chick-fil-a's here in Clearwater, FL are always packed. The one near me used to have 2-3 people outside taking orders, not just one.....then they remodeled and put in 2 covered lanes but still only have one food ordering window, so I feel like the only thing it helped is the amount of cars they can fit in the line. Before traffic would back up around the building and was quite difficult to park in the area. They also moved some of the parking to another lot.

I think the appeal of the place is the type of spices they use for their chicken, the waffle fries and the various sauces. It also seems higher quality than most other places.

I guess if I’m sensitive about anything it is people trying to bring their liberal activist agenda into every single stinking thread about certain topics, regardless of the actual point of the discussion.

Seriously...it was only a matter of time. Everyone who saw the thread title knew it.

Seriously?

This post is NOT about CFA, by your own admission, you shouldn't be talking about "liberal activist agendas" (hard eye roll), or anything other than CFA drive throughs...lol

Saying you don't like a fast food chain's food is a liberal activist agenda? Okie dokie. Or are you manifesting angst from a different thread?

I will reiterate, YOU were the ONLY one who mentioned religion in this thread. You are trying to bait a conversation about things other than fast food. So, who is bringing in their agenda?
I’m pretty sure this is the agenda item to which the poster is referring:
Sorry, have to disagree with you. In regards to Hobby Lobby, the forbidden items in their insurance certainly does not respect their employees.

I am right with you. Won't cross the threshold of Chik-Fil-A, Wendys, nor Hobby Lobby. I don't like their food nor their business practices. Good thing Wendys and Hobby Lobby near us closed due to poor business. I would have to drive miles to find one.

OK, I know the debate on CFA and Hobby Lobby practices, but what is the issue with Wendy's? I just haven't been aware of anything with them like I have the other two.

I’m pretty sure this is the agenda item to which the poster is referring:
I only responded that I disagreed to her post about religion and respect. It was my point of view, just as it was her pov that being closed on Sundays was religious respect for employees. She introduced religion into the thread. I merely disagreed and gave a reason why I disagreed.

Sorry, you don't get to introduce the religious agenda and then throw a fit when someone disagrees.

Right now, I am LOVING their fish sandwich (only served during Lent). I have been eating 1-2 of those per week!

OMG, I had no idea they have a fish sandwich ... I have been pescetarian for the last year, so miss the chicken sandwiches. I have only a few more days to find this!!! I do love the waffle fries - but only when I dredge them in the polynesian sauce. They seem kind of bland to me otherwise.

The one closest to me has 2 lines for drive-thru, and occasionally (but not usually) they are out there in person, which I think is a lot easier to get the order correct. However, whether there are people outside or not, the drive through line moves SO slowly, and is wrapped all around the parking lot and sometimes out into the street. Usually I just park and walk inside to order, and am done in 5-10 minutes rather than sitting for 30 minutes with my car idling.

OMG, I had no idea they have a fish sandwich ... I have been pescetarian for the last year, so miss the chicken sandwiches. I have only a few more days to find this!!! I do love the waffle fries - but only when I dredge them in the polynesian sauce. They seem kind of bland to me otherwise.

Make sure you call and ask if they have it first, not all CFA's carry it. I found out the hard way when I went to mine.

Sorry, have to disagree with you. In regards to Hobby Lobby, the forbidden items in their insurance certainly does not respect their employees.

Maybe I live in the wrong part of the country. 2 local Hobby Lobbies and several Wendys had to close due to lack of business. And Chick-Fil-A rarely has cars in parking lot or drive through anytime I drive by. They will be the next ones on Fast Food Row to bite the dust.
You must because we have 3 in our town and they are always busy. It’s a “thing” here. Love their peppermint shakes around Christmas.

You must because we have 3 in our town and they are always busy. It’s a “thing” here. Love their peppermint shakes around Christmas.
In this part of the country, where we keep our old home just to spend time here because we love it so much, a local burger chain is introducing a CBD infused burger for 4/20. I think that pretty much sums up the community :rotfl2:

Saying you don't like a fast food chain's food is a liberal activist agenda? Okie dokie. Or are you manifesting angst from a different thread?

I will reiterate, YOU were the ONLY one who mentioned religion in this thread. You are trying to bait a conversation about things other than fast food. So, who is bringing in their agenda?

It was obvious from your first post, you were triggered. At least own it.

So a company that respects their employees enough to give every single one of them a day to rest and to spend time with their families and worship the Lord is BS?

The day off isn't the problem, at least for me. There are other things I, personally, take issue with. Not sure if the other posters disagree with the same things or other aspects.

The day off isn't the problem, at least for me. There are other things I, personally, take issue with. Not sure if the other posters disagree with the same things or other aspects.

+1. I was kinda shocked that was even jumped to upthread. The other issues are much more problematic and it has nothing to do with operating hours. I will give it to CFA though, that this sounds like it makes the drive through more efficient. If so, I hope other businesses adopt it (I'm looking at you my beloved Arbys').

Ignoring anything else about CFA, I do go there on a somewhat regular basis because they are the only drive-thru I know with an edible salad! I often pick my dog up (dog goes to a playgroup during the day, judge away even I know it’s ridiculous) and then remember I need to grab something for dinner. It’s always when it’s like 90 degrees out so I’m usually just looking for a drive-thru to simplify things. CFA salads use real lettuce!

The ones near me are always packed at any time of day. When it’s really insane they put an employee (always under a large umbrella which I think is awesome because the sun is just rude) between the speaker and the pickup window who takes cc payments. This really does speed things up because most people pay credit/debit so people barely have to stop at the window to just grab food.

I’ve never had somebody outside actually taking orders when I’ve been there though.

It was obvious from your first post, you were triggered. At least own it.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::happytv::happytv::happytv:

For the record, it is pretty impossible to be "triggered" by not liking the food of a couple of fast food restaurants. But I applaud your effort to try and needle by injecting a word typically associated with a certain agenda.

My first post. Note is says I don't like CFAs or Wendy's food. I also don't like the BUSINESS practices of Hobby Lobby in response to another poster that said she also did not like the business practices of Hobby Lobby. Many people can only shop on weekends, so I think it bad business policy to close on one of those days. Especially when they sell stuff for DIY, which is typically done on weekends. I would never invest in stock in a company that closes on one of the busiest consumer days for DIY purchasing. Nothing else, no hidden agenda. Move on trying to create a fake agenda.

I am right with you. Won't cross the threshold of Chik-Fil-A, Wendys, nor Hobby Lobby. I don't like their food nor their business practices. Good thing Wendys and Hobby Lobby near us closed due to poor business. I would have to drive miles to find one.

Really, for people complaining that the thread is going off the rails, they sure are trying to steer it that way and create drama where there is none.

Let's get back to CFA's drive-through, which I will reiterate, in my area does not have people standing outside, unlike other places in the country. I had never heard of this practice, so interesting to read about it.

Last edited:
Portillo's Hot Dogs has been doing this for years in Chicago. The employee takes the order from the customer and radio's it in a cashier, so much more efficient than a customer staring at the menu board while there are no lie, 50 cars behind them.

You know Portillo's was my first thought, when I read the OP. Really the only place I've ever seen this technique in action, and very efficient.

I've never eaten at Chick-fil-a, but this is how they do the ordering at the Dutch Bros in our area.
I was about the post the same thing.

Dutch Bros Coffee does this at all of their stores for the reason that they can give better service face to face, plus they make the connection with the person. Dutch and probably CFA know its more then just about placing an order, its about relationships, plus they can get orders a lot faster. Most stores have 3-4 spots they can make hot coffee, iced coffee or other things on their menu.

I feel for the order takers when there is snow on the ground, its raining or when its 105 degrees out.

I feel that way about Cane's. I went there because so many people were raving about it - and got bland, tasteless chicken. I love Chik Fil A though. To each their own.

I go to Cane’s as well as Chik Fil A. Cane’s chicken isn’t that great. I go for their sauce and tea! Without the sauce, I agree with you, pretty bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter