Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

For those of you staying in hotels, be aware that there is currently a hotel workers strike going on. Not sure how long it is going to last, but it is having an impact on guests right now.

My friend made reservations for dinner. i know we will have to Uber since we are staying at Hilton Chicago. On saturday we are going to Gibson's. Am sure my spectators are having steak. i will be having salmon. that is my go to dinner before long runs. On sunday we are going to Boka. @roxymama ever heard of it? is it good?

I still need something for Friday night. would like to eat near hotel and have a ressie.

I am hoping to have pizza at Lou's or Gino's East on sunday or monday. Monday night we have BIG dinner plans to celebrate and then Tuesday we drive home.

I am officially excited and nervous. I am trying hard to remain calm till after this weekend's last really long run and tough week. Then taper madness with fretting about the weather, getting injured, getting sick, and all the other fun stuff that comes along with it.

And, in true over-planning craziness, I have created a spreadsheet of all the dining options proposed here as well as some internet sleuthing to try and settle on some decisions for what to eat while in Chicago.

I do know that Friday night we are meeting up with friends who live out in the suburbs and they are driving in to meet us. They are getting reservations to a place called Beatrix River North. Anybody been there? The menu looked tasty, so I'm excited for that one. So aside from the suggestions here, anyone have thoughts on these:

Wildberry Pancakes (for breakfast one morning)
Tavern at the Park
Terzo Piano
Toni Patisserie

Just some others I found online that were relatively close by.

Plan for me was Wildberry Saturday morning right after the shake out meetup run. I'd welcome others if they want to join. It's in practically the same place. BTW, have we decided on a time for the shakeout. I'd prefer earlier rather than later so I can go eat (and not wait long for a table) and to minimize the disturbance to the trip to the rest of the family. But I'm open ears!

And, in true over-planning craziness, I have created a spreadsheet of all the dining options proposed here as well as some internet sleuthing to try and settle on some decisions for what to eat while in Chicago.

I do know that Friday night we are meeting up with friends who live out in the suburbs and they are driving in to meet us. They are getting reservations to a place called Beatrix River North. Anybody been there? The menu looked tasty, so I'm excited for that one. So aside from the suggestions here, anyone have thoughts on these:

Wildberry Pancakes (for breakfast one morning)
Tavern at the Park
Terzo Piano
Toni Patisserie

Just some others I found online that were relatively close by.

I love Beatrix and was going to offer it as a brunch suggestion because I've only ever had breakfast there. No idea about dinner. I really like their candied bacon and they have fancy cappucino type coffee thingies. With the foam in fancy shapes in your cup.

I've never been to the other places, but not even a person living here could ever get to them all!

We were in Chicago last month and ate at Wildberry Pancakes. It was really good, but really crowded. However, if you go to their website, choose the location you want to eat at, you can put your name on the waiting list ahead of time. We did that and by the time we walked to the location, we had almost no wait for a table.

Plan for me was Wildberry Saturday morning right after the shake out meetup run. I'd welcome others if they want to join. It's in practically the same place. BTW, have we decided on a time for the shakeout. I'd prefer earlier rather than later so I can go eat (and not wait long for a table) and to minimize the disturbance to the trip to the rest of the family. But I'm open ears!

I'm an early bird too, but I sometimes worry I'm too much of an early bird for other people. What was your thoughts on ideal shakeout time. Since I honestly would be PM'ing you to ask you if it was just me by myself.

I'd also be up for breakfast with anyone, but we'd be ok sitting at separate tables if that makes the wait too long. I'll likely have a roxyhubby and roxykiddo with me since we plan to hang out in the city prior to checking into our hotel. Mostly in his parents condo which makes it easiest for me to prop my feet up and not walk 10 miles.

We'd be open to join for breakfast and I'm also hoping for an early meet-up for the shake out run. We are pretty early risers and sounds like we'd want to do Wildberry pretty early so as not to wait too long.

I love Beatrix and was going to offer it as a brunch suggestion because I've only ever had breakfast there. No idea about dinner. I really like their candied bacon and they have fancy cappucino type coffee thingies. With the foam in fancy shapes in your cup.

I've never been to the other places, but not even a person living here could ever get to them all!

Great to hear about Beatrix. My friend was pretty excited about it.

And, I get what you are saying about not being able to get to them all. The number of choices is INSANE!! And they all sound delicious. :D

We were in Chicago last month and ate at Wildberry Pancakes. It was really good, but really crowded. However, if you go to their website, choose the location you want to eat at, you can put your name on the waiting list ahead of time. We did that and by the time we walked to the location, we had almost no wait for a table.

That's a great idea about getting on the wait list ahead of time.

PS I downloaded the app today for the marathon and I can see my bib # (as well as some of yours #notcreepy)
I haven't figured out my # significance other than coach and my bibs being weirdly very similar (his much shorter.)
I'm trying to decide if I want to track everyone during the race or if that will be too insane.
My husband wants me to test out one of those "find your keys" squares this sunday on my long run to see if he can track me that way, haha. Anyone ever do this?

And, all this planning has me so stinking excited!! I downloaded the Chicago Marathon app which has a countdown on it that I frequently open just to stare at.

Current time - 19 days 15 hours 50 mins and 13 seconds.

PS I downloaded the app today for the marathon and I can see my bib # (as well as some of yours #notcreepy)
I haven't figured out my # significance other than coach and my bibs being weirdly very similar (his much shorter.)
I'm trying to decide if I want to track everyone during the race or if that will be too insane.
My husband wants me to test out one of those "find your keys" squares this sunday on my long run to see if he can track me that way, haha. Anyone ever do this?

Ha on the jinxy downloading of the app.

How do you see your (and other's) bibs?

I'm an early bird too, but I sometimes worry I'm too much of an early bird for other people. What was your thoughts on ideal shakeout time. Since I honestly would be PM'ing you to ask you if it was just me by myself.

I'd also be up for breakfast with anyone, but we'd be ok sitting at separate tables if that makes the wait too long. I'll likely have a roxyhubby and roxykiddo with me since we plan to hang out in the city prior to checking into our hotel. Mostly in his parents condo which makes it easiest for me to prop my feet up and not walk 10 miles.

We'd be open to join for breakfast and I'm also hoping for an early meet-up for the shake out run. We are pretty early risers and sounds like we'd want to do Wildberry pretty early so as not to wait too long.

Yea, we definitely don't have to sit at the same table if it makes it crazy. On Sunday the corrals open at 5:30am. Start for me is 7:30am. I'll probably want to use the restroom at no later than 6:20-6:30am. Which means I'm eating breakfast Sunday morning at 4:20-4:30am. So I'm up at 4:00am. Which means, Saturday morning I'm good to wake anytime between 4-5am. Looks like Civil Twilight is 6:25am, so probably don't want to start much earlier than that I suppose. So, sometime around 6:00-6:45am for meet up on Saturday morning? Too early, too late?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter