Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

I will attempt to make the shakeout run, just need to know when and where. We won't be getting into town until late on Friday so I'll have an excuse for dragging my butt ;)

Anyone else plan on hitting the expo/bib pickup on Saturday?

...and Corral B for me.

My wife was just in Chicago this past weekend and picked up the marathon jackets for us at Niketown...the merch looks pretty sweet!

I will attempt to make the shakeout run, just need to know when and where. We won't be getting into town until late on Friday so I'll have an excuse for dragging my butt ;)

Anyone else plan on hitting the expo/bib pickup on Saturday?

I'm flying in early Saturday morning, so I'll be heading to the expo as soon as I can drop my bag off at the hotel.

Shake out run - Corral

@Wendy98 - American Development
@DopeyBadger - Corral B
@canglim52 - Corral B
@CheapRunnerMike - Corral B
@cburnett11 - Corral E
@garneska - Corral F
@roxymama - Corral J
@ZellyB - Corral L
@Chris-Mo - Corral L
@opusone - Not running
@Kerry1957 - Not running

Unable to attend shakeout - Corral

@camaker - Corral G

How about meet at the corner of E Monroe St and Lakefront Trail (red arrow on pic below) at 6:30am? Is that a good meeting spot given the possible closures of roads and such for setting up the marathon start/finish area?

I'm planning on running for about 20 minutes total. Then afterwards, if anyone wants to go to Wildberry Pancakes they are welcome to join.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...adb7e2b91f0958e!8m2!3d41.8808436!4d-87.617069

Chicago Shakeout Meetup.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 8.04.29 AM.png

Meet Sunday morning at Art Institute of Chicago northernmost lion statue (looking at building the one on the left) at 5:15am? Although it does say it wants specific corrals to enter specific entrance gates (E = Gate 1, G = Gate 2/3, B, F, J = Gate 4, and L = Gate 6/7). So not sure how that would work in terms of getting split up afterwards.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 8.08.34 AM.png

Lastly, meeting spot post-race? I won't have a phone with me. But maybe a certain letter of alphabet of the reunion area (like Letter Q)? Or somewhere specific to hang around in the 27th mile area?

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 8.15.46 AM.png

Oh, and I'm going to the expo mid-day on Friday. Just driving straight there since my hotel room likely won't be ready yet when we arrive to Chicago.

...and Corral B for me.

My wife was just in Chicago this past weekend and picked up the marathon jackets for us at Niketown...the merch looks pretty sweet!

Can you post a picture of the jacket?

@DopeyBadger i am good for shakeout run location and time. i think there may be 2 others with me. As for after i think a letter is a good idea. I am not planning on carrying my phone with me (saving all the weight i can ).

Meet up spots seem good for us. Super close to our hotel. YAY!

We are arriving early on Friday morning and planning to hit the expo by late morning to mid-day.

Can you post a picture of the jacket?

I didn't take pictures but here are a few stock photos...nice & light, also quite fitted so sizing may run a touch small. Love the detail with all the buildings!

Other marathon gear is on the Nike site as well.

essential-chicago-2018-womens-running-jacket-Hz4FHH.jpg

6:30am should work for me on Sat. I took Friday off work and I kind of planned to drive down to the expo during work hours hoping it'll be less crazy and take my time there. Then put stuff in my car and maybe take an easy going divy bike over to the race area to scope it out. maybe. I have a feeling millenium park parking will be open for anyone needing to park sat morning and walk over to the meeting spot. We will need to cross lake shore drive but there are lights and crosswalks in that area.

Saturday our hotel check in isn't until later in the day, so we'll be hanging out at my inlaws condo near Soldier Field. Very highly likely we all find ourselves at the expo again because my inlaws like expos. We shall see.

Sunday I'm up for meeting you all at 5:15 by the lion since my hotel is so close. I'll then have my family come by and we will hang in my charity's indoor air conditioned, bathroomed, building since my orange wave is at 8:30am. If anyone is still around when I finish I'd like to meet up in the afterparty area. But I realize some of y'all are gonna be done Waaaaaaay before me.

And in conclusion: OMG THAT JACKET IS SPIFFY!

Yeah i like the jacket. Will be interesting I was not planning on much merchandise at Chicago but who knows (am hoping to save my money to buy at Boston).

Not sure i will make the meet up at 5:15 will see. Now to check out the merch at nike.

Forgot to add hoping to hit the expo on friday afternoon.

I am afraid there may be some SUPER spending there. However DH is like just order the jacket on line. I would like to try it on first :).

Don't I know it... Already got my eyes on this (link) or something like it. And when I finally get that BQ, I've already got a custom singlet I'd like to have made. But lots and lots of shopping would occur at Boston for sure.

Don't I know it... Already got my eyes on this (link) or something like it. And when I finally get that BQ, I've already got a custom singlet I'd like to have made. But lots and lots of shopping would occur at Boston for sure.

That is AWESOME. Love it. I will say this even though it is blasphemous, i don't really do a lot of shopping and usually don't buy anything ever at races.

Getting so excited. Not so excited to drive but i will survive. I tend to be over the car ride after 6 hours or maybe 4. Am hoping at least coming up we will do the drive in two days, coming home may be one miserable driving day but have the day after off work.

Not sure if anyone else is staying at Hilton Chicago, but we all are close to the park. If you see my dog, you can't miss her in the cart, come say hi and she is very friendly.

I will try to make the shakeout, but really don't want to get up and out so early (although with the time change, not quite as early). I notoriously sleep terribly the night before a marathon, so Friday night will be my best shot at sleep (and I won't be getting to Chicago until early Friday evening). I also don't love the idea of walking by myself in the dark (Google guesstimates a 28 minute walk).

I do like that jacket! I need another race jacket like a hole in the head....I love the fit of Nike and Asics.

I'll be at the finish for a while @roxymama, likely in the beer tent :drinking1...Mrs CheapRunnerMike is in Corral L aka BOP and she's going to be a while.

I don't actually do a lot of Expo shopping at races either...I do like a lot of the stuff but usually limit myself to one or two items tops. Merch is just so expensive and I am so cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!