Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Speaking of Willy...wonder what his thoughts are on Dali in the catcher's mask.....:rotfl::rotfl:

I love the Arts, my Bachelor's is in Illustration, my DD is an artist...but this theme is out there so far, even for me.

FLk1WJ2D
Contreras-Evil-Look.jpg

Rene Rivera‏Verified account @ReneRivera13
If you are near Parkland, Coral Springs, Boca Raton or you want to help here is the link. They are in need of blood (O negative) https://www.oneblood.org/

DWDPCOaVAAAIr3O.jpg:large

Also, many of you remember Holly (Todd Hollandsworth) used to be Kap &Holly on CSN before DeJesus~ He is now back in FL with the Marlins and a girl from his neighborhood was one of the 17 killed yesterday. Holly has 4 kids and I believe one is HS age or close. to it. He ha been posting the devastaion over this affecting the community. Parkland is statistically one of the THE safest towns if FL, but the shooter did show many signs of being troubled. Even tho he had been expelled, he still found a way back to the school. It was 10 years ago yesterday my Alma Matter was attacked by a shooter (NIU).In December, A few months before the NIU tragedy , my DS was a Freshman in H.S. and a lock down occurred due to a shooter and my DS called me from the floor letting me know his "army crawl" got him to the door to lock it. My DS situation turned out to be a BB gun but he still remembers SWAT teams outside the window and being trapped. My DD called from College (it was her Freshman year) saying her biggest fear was a shooting and was stressed over friends who went to NIU. I wish life could be the simple joy of baseball 24/7/365.

Rizzo headed back home today to be with his family and community, he is involved with them and as you can imagine, affected pretty hard. The world needs more Anthiny Rizzo's in it.

Last edited:
Speaking of Willy...wonder what his thoughts are on Dali in the catcher's mask.....:rotfl::rotfl:

I love the Arts, my Bachelor's is in Illustration, my DD is an artist...but this theme is out there so far, even for me.

I *love* the art!

I too just read that Anthony was headed home from spring training. He knew the football coach who died protecting a group of kids and a relative of his agent was killed too.

Anthony Rizzo‏Verified account @ARizzo44
Parkland and Coral Springs please stay strong! This is out of control and and our country is in desperate need for change. I hope In this darkest of times back home this brings everyone together and we can find love. You’re all in my prayers
1f64f-1f3fb.png
1f64f-1f3fb.png

2:57 PM - 14 Feb 2018

I *love* the art!

I too just read that Anthony was headed home from spring training. He knew the football coach who died protecting a group of kids and a relative of his agent was killed too.

Anthony Rizzo‏Verified account @ARizzo44
Parkland and Coral Springs please stay strong! This is out of control and and our country is in desperate need for change. I hope In this darkest of times back home this brings everyone together and we can find love. You’re all in my prayers
1f64f-1f3fb.png
1f64f-1f3fb.png

2:57 PM - 14 Feb 2018
I think it's terrific how connected he/his family is with his community . His brother was a football star in H.S (married his H.S. sweetheart Cheerleader) ~you can picture him sending his own kids to school there. So tragic. I have a friend here on the boards from Coral Springs, but have not chatted with her in some time. just pm'd her touching base.

ETA: Sadly, team Bryzzo has one more thing they both shore~both KB and Rizzo have had thier towns involved in mass shootings.

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...-high-school-kris-bryant-las-vegas-joe-maddon

On the Art theme, I think Matty Szczur is a bit of the inspiration behind the theme along with the historical. "baseball players are artists"~ LIERALLY Matty, lol

Last edited:

So I wonder if Joe wishes we still had the You Go, We Go catch phrase....:rolleyes1 Yu know it will re-surface in some way, shape or form lol.
I still miss Dex, & we still need a LO man.

I have been a baseball fan for a long time. Very rarely have I seen a player that I admire as a PERSON first. Anthony Rizzo is the real deal.
Props to his folks~ I remember reading an interview his Dad gave saying how they(parents) were zero tolerance of any riff-raff their boys may gravitate toward, drugs etc. Keeping them in sports, volunteering etc.
Having also been raised on baseball and literally had players from my Dad's team's eating dinner with us etc, you learn how it's the person that makes the player, not the other way around. Saw a lot of great and not so great guys make and break a team. Sadly. #44 has been tested a lot in his young years. I imagine the A.Rizzo Foundation and hopefully (CUBS Org) will be contributing financially to the razing and rebuild of the affected building of the school. Just might see an Anthony Rizzo wing/ Athletic room etc. in the future of Marjory Stoneman Douglas. I am not sure how Anthony has any heart leaft with how many pieces of it he gives to others.

• First baseman Anthony Rizzo was expected in camp on Monday for the first full-squad workout. Rizzo had returned to his hometown of Parkland, Fla., to be with family and friends after a shooting at his former high school in which 17 people were killed.

"He's a special guy, and some of the things he's gone through and their community has gone through the last couple days, I'm looking forward to giving him a big hug and welcoming him back," Zobrist said of Rizzo.

"He needs hugs. We give a lot of hugs around here. We're a tight-knit group. He'll be excited to get back into the game. That's one of the best things about baseball is that it helps everybody move on from difficult things that happen."

Looks like we have this year's slogan/hashtag gang~ (while not earth shattering, like it. WAY better than "That's Cub", lol) I actually like "IN" better, but I'm kinda lazy that way
DWZypynUQAEhTb-.jpg

28059462_10155903910035659_2317690730663750323_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like we have this year's slogan/hashtag gang~
DWZypynUQAEhTb-.jpg

28059462_10155903910035659_2317690730663750323_n.jpg
That is absolutely horrible. I saw it on FB earlier can not stand it. Is that CJ's signature in the first one? Will all the players sign the "IN" promise. Ugh. The marketing people laid a big egg this year IMO.

MLB announced new pace of play initiatives. No pitch clock. Teams will be limited to 6 non-pitching change mound visits per game (that includes every time a #Cubs catcher goes to mound to chat during at-bat)

Willy's gonna have to be selective, lol~
That is absolutely horrible. I saw it on FB earlier can not stand it. Is that CJ's signature in the first one? Will all the players sign the "IN" promise. Ugh. The marketing people laid a big egg this year IMO.

I don't mind it...That's Cub was lame as all get out so this is a vast improvement to me, lol. Yeah , that's CJ's siggie. All the players signed. I like the IN vs Everybody's In . I don;t believe this is Joe's slogan tho ~ let's see what he brings this season.

Loop hole to the new mound visit rule..I'm good with it, lol

Len Kasper‏Verified account @LenKasper
This exception to mound visit rule is HUGE: “Visits to the mound after the announcement of an offensive substitution.” Those don’t count against the 6. I expect C to go to the mound more than ever when PH is announced, mainly bc it’s FREE. No better 4-letter word ever.

not surprisingly, Lester is not too thrilled with the new rule changes

https://genadmisspod.com/blog/jon-l...en-asked-about-mlb-pace-of-play-rule-changes/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter