Character Meals and Lots of Pirates: Finished except for Photos

Day Four (My last day... :sad1:)

Today was moving day... I got up around 5:30 so that I could finish packing and clean up a little bit. I called down to the front desk for a cab and was told one would be waiting for me at 6am. I brought my stuff down and jumped in the cab and directed him to Paradise Pier... At this point the cab driver turned around and started complaining that most people at this hour were going to the airport and that he’d just given up his prime spot in front of another hotel (the Hyatt maybe... I forget now it’s been too long) and how dare I just want to go the PPH when he could be driving some business man to the airport then... then he had the absolute gall to hand me his card and tell me to call him when I was really going to the airport (as if that would ever happen at this point!) He dropped me in front of the Paradise Pier and I went to the check in desk (remember it’s about 6:15am at this point) I was not at all surprised to learn that my room was not ready yet but was quite happy to hear that I’d been given an upgrade to a park view room (although being a Grad Night and seeing as I had a dinner reservation during the only showing of WoC I wouldn’t really get to enjoy it) I dropped my bags off with the bellman and headed over to the parks for MM through the Grand Californian. They didn’t have the bag checks open yet when I got there so I queued up about ten people back from the tables. They opened up the lines at about 6:50 and we went through and I queued up again this time for the Magic Morning entrance. When they finally opened the gates I once again headed straight to Star Tours 2. I made it through fairly quickly (and was once again the Rebel Spy – Woot!) and was done riding at about 7:40. I’m pretty sure I then headed over and rode Astro Blaster then headed across to wait for rope drop for Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones. I was through that one quickly again and Splash was supposed to be next but it was cool out and had just stopped sprinkling rain so I decided to forgo it as I had ridden it earlier in the week when it was nice out (and I really prefer the WDW version truth be told) I headed passed it – and discovered it was actually closed at the moment reinforcing my decision to skip it as a good one – and got on Winnie the Pooh. I always forget how much I like this ride: it’s so cute! I finished with that and headed back over Jungle Cruise I rode with a very short wait then headed over to where else... Pirates of the Caribbean! Then as was my custom on this trip I got on Haunted Mansion. I then headed over to ride something I’d never ridden before: Small World! Apparently I have the same affliction as everyone else on these boards and I took a whole bunch of horrible pictures (See below) I was hoping to get pictures of all the characters – and I kinda did...
DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

I actually found the weather to be cool and damp actually but enjoyed the ride nonetheless...

It was coming back from riding IASWA that I came across a fantastic photopass photographer who posed me for a bunch of magic shots. (I still haven’t loaded them yet so those pictures will have to wait) at this point it was just before 10am so I jumped back in line for Star Tours with my fastpass from PPH. I was in and out quickly again (but sadly didn’t get to be the rebel spy this time) then I headed across to California Adventure as I had a date with the princesses for lunch at 11:30. I arrived at DCA around 10:30 and headed over to grab a Tower of Terror FP then wandered through A Bug’s Land towards the Paradise Pier area... and who should I find in the character spot there but Donald Duck himself! As there weren’t many people in line I waited my turn and got a Photopass picture with him (I’ll post it later). I then headed towards Ariel’s Grotto. I got there just before eleven and hung around across the boulevard/pier thing where Duffy was supposed to be having a meet and greet at 11:00. I checked out the store there (several times) and waited and waited – after being assured that there was a meet scheduled but that he was often late (very heavy costume apparently) I went across to Ariel’s Grotto and checked in for my 11:30 reservation at about 11:10. They handed me a light up coaster/pager type deal and I went back to wandering around (after having a great conversation with an absolutely delightful cast member) and hoping to see Duffy... I’m pretty sure he never made that meet as I wasn’t paged for my lunch until 11:25 or so and he still hadn’t showed up.

I went downstairs and met Ariel (who looked a little manly if you ask me – but we had a gorgeous Ariel there two years ago so maybe I’m a little biased, you be the judge)
DSCN0431.jpg

I was seated right at the entrance the characters use and I had the first lunch seating so I was able to easily see all the characters and knew when to have my camera ready. I had some good interactions with all the princesses and got some great pictures with them. Lunch was also fantastic – I had the tri-tip (which I’d had two years ago) and found it delicious. Also that bread is so fantastically delicious it should be criminal and I loved the dips that came with it – the garlicy one was my favourite by far!
Top of menu
DSCN0432.jpg

Middle
DSCN0433.jpg

Desserts
DSCN0434.jpg

Appetizer Tower (carefully arranged to disguise the food I’d already consumed) top to bottom
DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

Bread basket and the dips
DSCN0439.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

The Main Course!
DSCN0441.jpg

Dessert!!!!!
DSCN0447.jpg

My favourite were the blondies and the rocky road brownies (I also got a full size brownie with a candle for my birthday but failed to take a picture of it...

Look it’s Cinderella!
DSCN0444.jpg

Princess Jasmine (the first time I’d ever seen her in DL without her cape on – she told me she was only warm enough because she was running around a lot. I LOVED this Jasmine!!!)
DSCN0446.jpg

It’s sad that Aurora is my favourite princess but I’ve yet to meet a good one... She was okay to me but really great with some kids a few tables down (I admit I was a little jealous)
DSCN0445.jpg

Last but not least I met Snow White. She was good but no one will ever compare to the amazing Snow White I met at Cinderella’s castle last year! I so wish I had a picture of her she was amazing!!!
DSCN0443.jpg

I missed meeting Belle this year so I was really glad I’d met her earlier in the week at PFF.

After lunch I checked out the wait for Ariel and saw that it was only a thirty minute wait so I decided to ride it standby and save my FP for another ride on Star Tours. I rode by myself and quite enjoyed it again. I took a video this time thinking my sister would enjoy watching it only to have her tell me that she wants to wait until she’s there to see it in person... Well it’s the thought that counts right?

I headed over and rode Tower of Terror using my fastpass and then decided to head back towards Disneyland as the fantastic photographer had said to try and find him later for more magic shots... I didn’t see him around the hub so I went and rode Star Tours again. Once again it was a great ride but sadly once again was not the rebel spy...

As I have tons more pictures I’ll cut it off here but I’ll post more tomorrow...
Would I find my photog again and would Napa Rose find my Chef’s Counter reservation... We’ll find out soon!

Haha, oh no, Ariel does look quite manly. Or umm, boy-ish I guess.

Ok, you sealed it for me, I am definitely going to Ariel's Grotto... DH will have to give in even though it's fairly expensive. The food just looks so good! I will do the WOC dinner though, so he'll be spared the princesses, or maybe he would like the lunch with the ladies better? Hmm!

What!!! You got to be the rebel spy twice?? Is there a specific seat or it is totally random? I SO wanna be the rebel spy.

And I can't believe what a jerk the cab driver was.

Oh, and I do think Ariel looks a bit un-Ariel like too. :laughing:

What!!! You got to be the rebel spy twice?? Is there a specific seat or it is totally random? I SO wanna be the rebel

I listened to the Betamouse podcast and picked up a couple of tips for being the spy before I left...

As best I can remember they are as follows:
- sit down and buckle up right away
- face forward and keep your 3D glasses off until instructed to put then on by a cast member
- while seated keep your hands far away from your face (they take a picture of the entire room and choose someone with a decent picture) this avoids any possible pictures where you look like you're picking your nose or something which they obviously wouldn't pick

I listened to the Betamouse podcast and picked up a couple of tips for being the spy before I left...

As best I can remember they are as follows:
- sit down and buckle up right away
- face forward and keep your 3D glasses off until instructed to put then on by a cast member
- while seated keep your hands far away from your face (they take a picture of the entire room and choose someone with a decent picture) this avoids any possible pictures where you look like you're picking your nose or something which they obviously wouldn't pick

Good to know! :thumbsup2
I am going to try this on my next trip. I will tell my friends too so maybe at least one of us will be picked! :rotfl:
I remember the first time I ever rode it, some random kid was picked and everyone was dying! It was during the preview day at the end of May so not everyone knew what was coming and it was just so funny.

After this - my forth – ride on Star Tours 2 I went back to the Hub to look around for my photographer friend again (I’m thinking his name was Carlos but I’m not 100% sure – I do know he was from Costa Rica because I’d been there once and we talked about it a bit) I didn’t see him so, wanting to stay in the area, I decided to get in line for Pixie Hollow as the wait was only posted at 30 minutes. The cast member just outside of the greet area got a kick out of the fact that I had a rainbow of sharpie marker colors and helped me pick the three correct colors to go with the fairies (orange, purple and of course green for Tink) As I don’t have my autograph book at work with me I have no idea who they are… and I can’t find my posed photo for the first one so…
DSCN0454.jpg

There she is… I’ll try to get her name later (and maybe a better picture too)
Photo0227FourBySix.jpg

Here’s Tink and… Violetta maybe (yeah I can’t remember at all sorry)

Anyway I had way too much fun meeting all the fairies and they were all impressed with my colored sharpies and that I knew what colors to bring (thanks again to the CM at the entrance)

I wandered out of there at about 2:30ish and almost immediately found my photog again. Here are some of the magic shots we’d done on my morning shoot:
Photo0171FourBySix.jpg

Photo0175FourBySix.jpg

Photo0186FourBySix.jpg

My “serious” face while trying not to laugh

So I had found him again and we trotted off to shoot in exotic locales for more magic shots. We started farthest away at HM
Photo0239FourBySix.jpg

Those are some scary ghosts (You can tell by the face and the hand gestures)
Then I battled Captain Hook while one of the ships sailed behind me… We waited for about five minutes to get this shot and I had to call Photopass to get it and another shot later in the mini photo shoot (and the ghosts in the last picture) added to my account. Sadly one set of pictures were never found but I’ll talk more about that later.
Photo0236FourBySix.jpg

See the “serious” face again?
Then (after he’d run the sword back to the store he’d borrowed it from) we paused for some photos on the bridge to Adventureland
Photo0242FourBySix.jpg

Then we continued into Adventureland and he staged a shot I’d never heard of in Disneyland before only in Animal Kingdom…
Photo0253FourBySix.jpg

It’s baby Simba!!!
Next we went to the walk way around the pond by the Castle where I posed with Prince Naveen in a one-on-one photo shoot…
Photo0255FourBySix.jpg

Too bad he was in frog-form at the time!

There we ran into another photographer friend of his and he took some shots of me too:
Photo0262FourBySix.jpg

Photo0265FourBySix.jpg

Photo0266FourBySix.jpg

As they were both off at 3:30 and it was now about 3:20 I walked with them to the photography store and headed back to DCA hoping to make the 3:30 Duffy meet…
I’m going to add in some pictures from earlier in my trip here as I finally loaded the photopass photos to photobucket last night. Enjoy the pictures and there will be more soon!
Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

First photo of the trip!
Photo0023FourBySix.jpg

I’m finally here!!!
Photo0036FourBySix.jpg

I think I’m in this pose for half my shots!
Photo0040FourBySix.jpg

Same Ariel twice?
Photo0059FourBySix.jpg

Beautiful Belle!
Photo0071FourBySix.jpg

I wish Tiana had an autograph tag on the site!
Photo0093FourBySix.jpg

An important part of my wardrobe all week!
Photo0113FourBySix.jpg

Does anyone else recognize the crazy girl with me here?
Photo0123FourBySix.jpg

Okay 1) The photographer did not mention you could totally see through my dark purple shirt in all his shots for some reason 2) Strangely this photographer remembered me every day after this and always made a point of saying “hi”… I think I know why now!
Photo0151FourBySix.jpg

It got down right cold at night!
Photo0194FourBySix.jpg

And finally… I got in Donald’s pants! Lol! There is something fundamentally wrong with these borders!

Um... I think that strange girl would be me!!!

I'm pretty sure your Belle is that same one I ran into several times!!

I love your photo with Paula!
Looks like you had lots of fun with the PhotoPass photographers!

The pixies you have pics with...the first one is Fawn, next is Tink (obviously) and Vidia. Awesome trip report. I've followed it from beginning to end!

The pixies you have pics with...the first one is Fawn, next is Tink (obviously) and Vidia. Awesome trip report. I've followed it from beginning to end!

That's who they are thank you so much. Thanks too for your kind words about my TR. I still have my final night (and an amazing dinner) and one last character breakfast to go... Don't leave me yet ;)

Hope to finish this up by the end of next week at the latest. My sister will never let me live it down if I don't finish this before she leaves for DL in September. :rotfl:

That's who they are thank you so much. Thanks too for your kind words about my TR. I still have my final night (and an amazing dinner) and one last character breakfast to go... Don't leave me yet ;)

Hope to finish this up by the end of next week at the latest. My sister will never let me live it down if I don't finish this before she leaves for DL in September. :rotfl:

October Sweetie, I don't go until October... Sadly!

Which means, you have another month before I laugh too much at you :rotfl:

I just read your entire TR and really enjoyed it! I can't wait to read the rest. We leave for CA on Sept 8th so I am hoping you finish before then.

Wow, so cool how many photopass photos you got! And so many magic ones, I love the Simba. Funny about the see through tshirt :eek:

Can't wait to hear about your last night.

That's sweet that you got a private PP session. Lots of special pictures too.

Really enjoyed reading your TR! I was planning my first solo trip, but one of my girlfriends that has never been will be coming with me! So excited, we leave in two days! Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter