Character Meals and Lots of Pirates: Finished except for Photos

Your PP pics are spectacular!! I never knew some of the special additions we available. I'm really enjoying your TR. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

TK

Update – I will add the noted pictures soon but I’m not supposed to be using the internet at work

So when last I left off months ago (so sorry I got busy and completely stopped posting) I was heading out of DL trying to make it to CA for a 3:30 Duffy photo shoot. I practically ran across the esplanade and entered CA and cut through A Bug’s Land for the quickest route back to the Pier… but I got sidetracked when I saw that Chip and Dale were in the little character greeting area there. I had a great interaction with them. One of them (I want to say Dale but I’m not 100% sure) signed something to the handler who laughed and asked the other one (presumably Chip if I remember correctly) if he understood what Dale had signed. When Chip shook his head “no” the handler just laughed and said “well figure it out” I’m pretty sure they were talking about me but I have no idea. Sadly there is no proof I actually met Chip and Dale on this trip as these photos disappeared somewhere in the photopass universe – personally I think it’s connected to the world your socks go to when they disappear out of the dryer! ROFL
I did make it to meet Duffy for his 3pm meet and greet and got some pictures and an autograph – this was the first time I’d ever seen Duffy and I think he’s really cute!

That reminds me that when I was waiting for lunch and hoping to meet Duffy I ran into someone else… It’s Captain Mickey!!!

After these last few character meets and – I think – one last ride on Tower of Terror I headed in to Downtown Disney for some shopping before my dinner reservation. I picked up a shirt for myself and one for my sister as well (after all it was her birthday too!) and a few other collectables including a tiny Duffy and a snow globe – my one big Disney collectable, too bad they’re so hard to travel with – and an anniversary present for my sister it was finally time to check out my room over at Paradise Pier. At some point during the day they had texted me my room number so once I figured out how to get back to the hotel I picked up my bags at bell services and headed up to see my room – with my surprise Theme Park View upgrade. I really liked the room and thought it was too bad I wouldn’t really be able to take advantage of my upgrade as I’d be at dinner during the only showing of World of Colour that night (silly grad nights upsetting all my plans!)

I jumped in the shower and changed for dinner and walked back over to the Grand Californian to try and find Napa Rose. After a little wandering around – and some funny looks due to my fancy dress and high heeled shoes – I found the restaurant and went in. I soaked in the view and went to check in… only to be told that they couldn’t find my Chef’s Counter reservation! :Scared: They sent me into the lounge to wait while they checked into the situation. I was so nervous that when a waiter came around and offered me a drink I couldn’t even order one! He asked if I was dining there as I stuttered out a reply and I came out with “I don’t know yet!” Soon the manager came over and told me they’d found the reservation – I’m not sure if that’s true or they just hadn’t sold out that night but either way I had a seat! They even bought me my first – and only – glass of wine as an apology which was nice. I apologize in advance it’s been so long I can’t remember what all my dishes were but below are pictures of the menu followed by my dishes for the night. I allowed the chefs to choose my meal and everything was superb! A fantastic end to a trip!

And look at my surprise. They asked if I liked fruity desserts or chocolate ones – I chose fruity.

I tried to head back to PPH through the Grand but being basically in a food coma I could not for the life of me find my way out! I eventually found the exit to Downtown Disney and headed back to PPH that way… that’s when I remembered that I had meant to bring a wrap to match my dress but it was back home in Calgary – oh well c’est la vie! I made my way back to PPH – picking up a few more looks along the way for my fancy (and short) dress and arrived back to my room without incident, though this was definitely the LONG way! I threw on my PJs and thought about packing but I had a super early breakfast and a later flight so I figured I had plenty of time to do it in the morning.
I woke up the next morning and dress up to meet Mickey for a wicked good time at the Surf’s Up breakfast.
I had a good last meal and got a great table with a terrific back drop for my pictures. Without my hair straightened it didn’t get quite as much attention as it had earlier in the week but I had a new accessory for the characters to play with – My Disney Princess Dooney and Burke satchel. Stitch spent a good long time admiring it before remembering that “he” didn’t care for girly things and Daisy posed for several shots with it (and pretended to take it with her when she left).

I headed back up to my room and packed up my things and all my presents – with plenty of room to spare may I add – and headed down to grab a cab. All too soon I was headed back to the airport and then – after finding a college ball cap for my friend in the airport, phew – back to Calgary. With much less fanfare I arrived back in Calgary and after eventually clearing customs (apparently the Canadian government thinks it’s weird that I traveled to Disneyland by myself and didn’t meet anyone there and the only places I shopped were in the parks and at the airport) I was in the shuttle back to the off-site lot and then back in my truck headed home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter