Can I buy Disney gift cards with a Target gift card?

OKC Disney Fan

Mouseketeer
Target is discounting their Target gift cards 10% on Sunday, 12/3. I guess this is something that they do every year. Does anyone know if you can buy a Target gift card and then use it to pay for a Disney gift card? Would be a nice way to save 10%.

Anybody try using their target gift cards today to purchase Disney gift cards?
Yes, I bought $300 worth of Disney gift cards using my emailed Target gift card today. :woohoo:

I did it last year, too. Never a problem.

Hello All,
So last year you could go online and purchase the Disney card with combining your target credit 5% off and a discounted gift card. How do I do this in self check out? (local Target doesnt allow gift card purchase with target gc, so thus going the self checkout way, which worked) There was an employee roaming around looking at everyone's purchase so i had to hurry before she saw that i was paying with a Target giftcard. i also bought milk and a couple of other items by people in other forums. thanks for any help that you can provide!

Hello All,
So last year you could go online and purchase the Disney card with combining your target credit 5% off and a discounted gift card. How do I do this in self check out? (local Target doesnt allow gift card purchase with target gc, so thus going the self checkout way, which worked) There was an employee roaming around looking at everyone's purchase so i had to hurry before she saw that i was paying with a Target giftcard. i also bought milk and a couple of other items by people in other forums. thanks for any help that you can provide!
It’s not allowed? That’s ridiculous. It’s a chain.
You can’t buy online with a gift card to combine 5% savings anymore.

Hello All,
You can purchase Disney gift cards with at Target gift card. Regardless if the Target gift card was purchased at a discount. If that employee was saying you can't they are wrong.

You can purchase Disney gift cards with your Target Red Card and get 5% off on the purchase.

You cannot purchase Target gift cards with your Target Red Card and get 5% off.

Time was (when purchasing online) you could purchase Disney gift cards, and have your default payment be your Target Red Card (giving you the 5% discount) and then actually pay with a Target gift card (discounted or otherwise). That loop hole has been closed.

As others have stated, you can purchase Disney gift cards (and Starbucks, AMC, Chili's, etc) with a Target GC because those cards fall under the "entertainment-electronics" category. Have the Target team member check the receipt if they don't believe you. (I always carry an old receipt in my wallet with that part of the transaction highlighted so that I can show Target team members exactly what I'm talking about -- it helps for them to see their own receipts as proof that this does work.) However, you cannot buy VISA or AMEX gift cards with a Target GC -- those cards fall under a different category and buying them with a gift card is supposedly illegal (in CA, anyway). Most Target team members seem to have been told about the VISA and AMEX gift cards only and assume that all gift cards fall into the same category. Even managers don't have a clue about this until you show them the receipt to prove that entertainment gift cards are different. And no gift card of any kind can be purchased with a Target gift card online. The transaction will go through immediately, then get cancelled later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter