Cafe Mickey warning

I remember Character Tea Parties being held in the Plaza Gardens Restaurant in the afternoons.

You could meet the Character and enjoy unlimited tea / coffee / soft drinks and as many cakes as you could eat from the buffet. I seem to remember that they cost around £15 back then (2005 ish) and it was a cheap way to meet the characters.

Then they stopped for a bit and then they re-started again appearing in the Lucky Nugget Saloon for a bit and then they moved it to Cowboy Cookout.

I wish they would bring these back.

I've done the tea party at Plaza Gardens, and the one at Cowboy Cookout. Plaza Gardens is the perfect venue for a character tea party, its fun, its warm, beautifully themed for a tea party.

The Cowboy Cookout version left me cold (in more ways than one).

Both versions were very popular when they were going on, so bring back the tea party I say :).

Isila said:
so the characters are only for royals? :)

I was just talking to Disneyfanswicklow and Jo told me Donald was at DLH breakfast this morning. I would gladly be 100% wrong on my earlier assumption! Unless we won the euro millions I won't see inside the Castle Club!! Just happy to stay there at all though! :rotfl:

I sent a little email of complaint to DLP and our TA (Clippers Quay aka Simply Travel Direct aka DLPDirect) and had a response from the TA.....

I mentioned in both emails about this change in CMs menu and the characters in the hotels (including the descent of the stairs) and they made very little of the changes to CM (it was never a buffet I was informed.. no way, seriously?! I never said it was!!!!) but did tell me the characters were still meeting in the DLH for breakfast... Ammmm no!? That is incorrect! Misinformed on that one Clippers Quay! Well unless staying at CC level of course, which we definitely aren't (peasants :rotfl:).

I will report back what response DLP come back with!

Some TA's knowledge about the holidays they sell really is appalling. A colleague at work booked a trip to DLP for Decmeber with a TA this weekend and all the information she was given was wrong.

She was told the refubishment at the NPBC was finished and the hotel is open for business as normal, that there were characters at breakfast time in her hotel and they visited your table. That the shuttle bus service from her hotel (NPBC) to the parks takes about an hour and that there are busses running from the DLP park to WDS. She was advised to go to the bus station near the train station to get the bus to the WDS park?????

After she to spoke to me yesturday and mentioned she had booked her holiday I sat down with her for about 30 mins and filled her in with all the correct info and gave her maps of the park and pointed her in the direction of DLPGuide.com to read up about everything.

This morning she called her TA and got them to move her hotel booking from the NPBC to the SQL and they appologised and offered her a 'good will discount' due to the miss information she received at the weekend.

Some TA's knowledge about the holidays they sell really is appalling. A colleague at work booked a trip to DLP for Decmeber with a TA this weekend and all the information she was given was wrong.

She was told the refubishment at the NPBC was finished and the hotel is open for business as normal, that there were characters at breakfast time in her hotel and they visited your table. That the shuttle bus service from her hotel (NPBC) to the parks takes about an hour and that there are busses running from the DLP park to WDS. She was advised to go to the bus station near the train station to get the bus to the WDS park?????

After she to spoke to me yesturday and mentioned she had booked her holiday I sat down with her for about 30 mins and filled her in with all the correct info and gave her maps of the park and pointed her in the direction of DLPGuide.com to read up about everything.

This morning she called her TA and got them to move her hotel booking from the NPBC to the SQL and they appologised and offered her a 'good will discount' due to the miss information she received at the weekend.

Ok, wow... That's some piece of wrong information :scared1: TA could just google the basics!

I was just talking to Disneyfanswicklow and Jo told me Donald was at DLH breakfast this morning. I would gladly be 100% wrong on my earlier assumption! Unless we won the euro millions I won't see inside the Castle Club!! Just happy to stay there at all though! :rotfl:
Yup we got a good few photos with donald about 8.15 just after we finished breakfast.

Yup we got a good few photos with donald about 8.15 just after we finished breakfast.

oooh, you got me excited now! Was he by the fireplace? I really hope he or someone else is there later this week! We arrive tomorrow and it will be so strange staying at the DLH without characters in the morning:(

No way! That's brillliant - I've never met Donald in 2 trips - I need to meet him this time. lol

Are they allow to share food? I have 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 7)....thinking of just ordering two adults meal to share..........

Are they allow to share food? I have 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 7)....thinking of just ordering two adults meal to share..........

I don't think you'd get to do that now, Cafe Mickey has changed to set menu only, from last month.

But can we still share the two set menu? I just plan to order two set menu for all four of us (2 adults and 2 children). Hope that they don't force us to order the child set menu....

But can we still share the two set menu? I just plan to order two set menu for all four of us (2 adults and 2 children). Hope that they don't force us to order the child set menu....
No I doubt it. As Elaine said in the reply above they've changed their policy to stop people sharing.

It's only under 3s who are allowed to share from adults plates I believe.

Am I right that kid's menu doesn't include drinks? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter