Cafe Mickey warning

Im not sure if wr will do it either mainly as our cousin is coming with us this trip and sooo fussy, he only ever eats pizza at cafe mickey, cant see him wanting to pay €42 for the pleasure. If it was just ourselves we prob would eat there think menu is ok.

But 42eur for pizza? :crazy2:

I'm confused about what to do. Kids want character dinner, Inventions is pricey and we wanted to do chez Remy, and it's also pricey. Pick one? Oh, how I hate this.

Well you do get a starter and desert for the €42 (not just pizza) but he wont eat the rest .. so his basically paying €42 for the pizza. Were doing brunch and us girls r doing adc so might give cafe mickey a miss.

Well you do get a starter and desert for the €42 (not just pizza) but he wont eat the rest .. so his basically paying €42 for the pizza. Were doing brunch and us girls r doing adc so might give cafe mickey a miss.

well, it's the same thing for us. My kids are fussy eaters and don't eat much. So ordering a set menu for both of them and me is a waste of money and food.

Hannah Plummer, what was the character interaction like?
What did you end up ordering, was it nice?
What time had they run out of burgers?
Sorry for all the questions, trying to decide whethercto keep my booking in 2 weeks.

Well... I complained that we weren't told of the menu changing when booking and that we were only planning on having some pizzas between us. So in the end they let us order two pizzas for the price of the adult 2 course meal. No chips though.

It was 7:45pm when we were told they had run out of burgers!

I was disappointed with the character interaction - mainly because minnie came out twice and didn't get to our table either time as people kept running up to her and they weren't told to go wait at their table grrr. Pluto was really good though.

Hmmm - this development is going to add another 100e onto our holiday! :sad:

Tempted to just book Inventions for a second meal for ease now.

We didn't bother with CM last trip. I had booked it but we saw most of the characters either at breakfast in the hotel or in Inventions, so really weren't bothered and so cancelled it. The last time we ate in here (Xmas 12), we did share pizzas but the undersides were so burnt we couldn't eat them - literally black - I didn't even bother to complain - just wanted to get out of there!

I am so pleased we paid the extra for Inventions at Halloween now as I really did dither about what to do. We saw some amazing characters in Halloween dress and had a ball. The food was good too - something we could all eat! And we got some great character 'shows' too. I know it's a lot more expensive for Inventions, but imo you do get a much better experience.

I wonder if they have plans to change CM and that is why they are doing this? If they are going to make it a better experience all round, I'd be happy to pay, but for the current offerings, I wouldn't bother! :scared:

Oh, btw, if anyone still fancies pizza other than in CM - we went to Colonel Hathis for this first time this trip - lovely meal and very, very reasonable price. Pizzas were scrummy and huge - one main meal deal could have fed DH and I, shame we didn't realise before we bought them, but in the name of determination, we did finish them all :lmao:. We were really impressed and we loved all the British Empire music playing too :thumbsup2.

We didn't bother with CM last trip. I had booked it but we saw most of the characters either at breakfast in the hotel or in Inventions, so really weren't bothered and so cancelled it. The last time we ate in here (Xmas 12), we did share pizzas but the undersides were so burnt we couldn't eat them - literally black - I didn't even bother to complain - just wanted to get out of there!

I am so pleased we paid the extra for Inventions at Halloween now as I really did dither about what to do. We saw some amazing characters in Halloween dress and had a ball. The food was good too - something we could all eat! And we got some great character 'shows' too. I know it's a lot more expensive for Inventions, but imo you do get a much better experience.

I wonder if they have plans to change CM and that is why they are doing this? If they are going to make it a better experience all round, I'd be happy to pay, but for the current offerings, I wouldn't bother! :scared:

Oh, btw, if anyone still fancies pizza other than in CM - we went to Colonel Hathis for this first time this trip - lovely meal and very, very reasonable price. Pizzas were scrummy and huge - one main meal deal could have fed DH and I, shame we didn't realise before we bought them, but in the name of determination, we did finish them all :lmao:. We were really impressed and we loved all the British Empire music playing too :thumbsup2.

I have to say, the last time we were there I was not impressed by the service or interaction but the pizza and steak we had was quite good. We use it as a very cheap sit down meal in place of counter service, as we need to ensure DH eats at reasonable times. We had planned to eat here the night of our Chez Remy meal, and had budgeted £35. To substitute it with the set meal or Inventions is a BIG price increase, but counter service is not all that practical for us with DH's diabetes.

I have to say, the last time we were there I was not impressed by the service or interaction but the pizza and steak we had was quite good. We use it as a very cheap sit down meal in place of counter service, as we need to ensure DH eats at reasonable times. We had planned to eat here the night of our Chez Remy meal, and had budgeted £35. To substitute it with the set meal or Inventions is a BIG price increase, but counter service is not all that practical for us with DH's diabetes.

I totally know where you are coming from. In the past we've done Inventions twice sometimes on trips and missed off CM but it makes it a very expensive trip and sometimes you just want a quick meal but want the guarantee you have a table. We had a few CS meals last trip as were trying to watch our budget and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly we got served - whether it was because it was Halloween and they knew it would be so busy, so got in extra staff?? To be fair though, I've been in those huge queues at CS places in the past, so know it's not ideal for someone who has to regulate their eating and times etc.

I really don't know what they are playing at - the character meal options seem to be reducing and reducing and if you are on a tight budget, well, you've no chance! :confused3

I totally know where you are coming from. In the past we've done Inventions twice sometimes on trips and missed off CM but it makes it a very expensive trip and sometimes you just want a quick meal but want the guarantee you have a table. We had a few CS meals last trip as were trying to watch our budget and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly we got served - whether it was because it was Halloween and they knew it would be so busy, so got in extra staff?? To be fair though, I've been in those huge queues at CS places in the past, so know it's not ideal for someone who has to regulate their eating and times etc.

I really don't know what they are playing at - the character meal options seem to be reducing and reducing and if you are on a tight budget, well, you've no chance! :confused3

The few times we have tried CS I have ended up so stressed with the time we have waited, or stressed about thinking about it before hand (one of us has to ensure he eats and it falls to me to stress about it!) Although I think Cowboy Cookout may be a stress free option?

I really do feel for families on a tight budget, the queues for characters are insane and now few families can afford a character meal. :(

DLPDreams said:

This that happens to us - I doubt I can fit two 100 euro meals in our budget. Kids want character meal and I look forward trying Chez Remy. I guess in this situation Inventions will win being a buffet with a bigger chance for fussy eaters having something!

RoseBug said:
The few times we have tried CS I have ended up so stressed with the time we have waited, or stressed about thinking about it before hand (one of us has to ensure he eats and it falls to me to stress about it!) Although I think Cowboy Cookout may be a stress free option?

I really do feel for families on a tight budget, the queues for characters are insane and now few families can afford a character meal. :(

I don't find CS stressing. We tend to go after 2pm and queues are not stressfull. We always do Colonel Hathi's, Hakuna matata has become another favorite.

I don't find CS stressing. We tend to go after 2pm and queues are not stressfull. We always do Colonel Hathi's, Hakuna matata has become another favorite.

DH is diabetic, so we can't always leave it til quieter times and I get quite stressed if I don't know when/where/how quickly we will get served!

counter service is not all that practical for us with DH's diabetes.

We tend to visit the counter service restaurants at 12noon when they open for lunch or after 2pm to avoid the queues.

We finally managed to find Toad Hall open on our last trip and the fish and chips were nice. We have also become fans of the Lucky Nugget Saloon recently, just place your order and your shown to your table - totally stress free, and it's the same at Café des Cascadeurs.

We tend to visit the counter service restaurants at 12noon when they open for lunch or after 2pm to avoid the queues.

We finally managed to find Toad Hall open on our last trip and the fish and chips were nice. We have also become fans of the Lucky Nugget Saloon recently, just place your order and your shown to your table - totally stress free, and it's the same at Café des Cascadeurs.

Never found Tad hall or Cafe des Cascadeurs open on our visit. Fingers crossed this time.

Never found Tad hall or Cafe des Cascadeurs open on our visit. Fingers crossed this time.

Toad Hall was open Saturday and Sunday when we were there.

If recommend Planet Hollywood - we ate there twice on our trip. No disney theming but nice food and not too expensive for a proper meal.

I sent a little email of complaint to DLP and our TA (Clippers Quay aka Simply Travel Direct aka DLPDirect) and had a response from the TA.....

I mentioned in both emails about this change in CMs menu and the characters in the hotels (including the descent of the stairs) and they made very little of the changes to CM (it was never a buffet I was informed.. no way, seriously?! I never said it was!!!!) but did tell me the characters were still meeting in the DLH for breakfast... Ammmm no!? That is incorrect! Misinformed on that one Clippers Quay! Well unless staying at CC level of course, which we definitely aren't (peasants :rotfl:).

I will report back what response DLP come back with!

I remember Character Tea Parties being held in the Plaza Gardens Restaurant in the afternoons.

You could meet the Character and enjoy unlimited tea / coffee / soft drinks and as many cakes as you could eat from the buffet. I seem to remember that they cost around £15 back then (2005 ish) and it was a cheap way to meet the characters.

Then they stopped for a bit and then they re-started again appearing in the Lucky Nugget Saloon for a bit and then they moved it to Cowboy Cookout.

I wish they would bring these back.

I remember Character Tea Parties being held in the Plaza Gardens Restaurant in the afternoons.

You could meet the Character and enjoy unlimited tea / coffee / soft drinks and as many cakes as you could eat from the buffet. I seem to remember that they cost around £15 back then (2005 ish) and it was a cheap way to meet the characters.

Then they stopped for a bit and then they re-started again appearing in the Lucky Nugget Saloon for a bit and then they moved it to Cowboy Cookout.

I wish they would bring these back.

Totally agree. Been to all of those and had a great time and better value

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter