Cafe Mickey warning

So works out at £28 per adult with a shareholders discount, about what we used to pay to share a pizza and garlic bread between the two of us.

Might just pop in for breakfast in future at those prices we might as well go to Inventions from now on.

I'm still trying to get confirmation if the À la carte menu has been withdrawn completely. Do you know?

Yes it has - I spoke to the supervisor in Cafe Mickey and as of the evening on Thursday 13ty November the only available food in cafe Mickey is the set menu.

Such a shame! We were hoping to take our 2 year old and share a pizza and sides as he's not a big eater so it's not worth it for us this time around :confused3

A 2 year old would still be allowed to share an adult's meal. it's only 3 yr olds and over who will have to have their own meals.

Thankyou so much to the members who posted pictures it confirmed my fear that we will not be going to Cafe Mikey this trip :(.

There are no starters on the menu that any of my family will eat but we are a dinner & dessert kind of family but to get dessert we would need to order the 3 courses which would mean paying for starters that won't get eaten then paying €40 to get a burger & waffle fries.

I think I'd rather stretch to inventions knowing there's going to be something there for everyone to eat x

PrincessSparkle, I'm with you. My sister wouldn't eat any of the main courses except perhaps the burger if it was perfectly cooked - the only pasta dish is seafood and anything else she might try has mushrooms. She was fine with the Minnie Carbonara dish they used to have. Looks like I'll be cancelling our December reservation, going to talk to the Dining Reservation people today.

What a shame they've done this, but I suppose not surprising if many people had cottoned on to the sharing pizzas, which is what we did a few weeks ago.

Unless they rotated the characters better then I wouldn't bother with this again. It's still pretty much the same character rotation as they've had since they opened.

PrincessSparkle said:
Thankyou so much to the members who posted pictures it confirmed my fear that we will not be going to Cafe Mikey this trip :(.

There are no starters on the menu that any of my family will eat but we are a dinner & dessert kind of family but to get dessert we would need to order the 3 courses which would mean paying for starters that won't get eaten then paying €40 to get a burger & waffle fries.

I think I'd rather stretch to inventions knowing there's going to be something there for everyone to eat x

I think that's what I'll do. Did Inventions change prices too, does anyone know?

Such a shame, unless things change by June, we won't be eating there, bad move on the part of Disney.

Hmm. I was in the few who enjoyed Chef Mickeys in my previous experiences. But it sounds like they're just disappointing more and more people every year- maybe I'll just stick to 1900PF for my next trip, since that's one of my favorites and their food/characters have been consistently fantastic :confused3

Hannah Plummer, what was the character interaction like?
What did you end up ordering, was it nice?
What time had they run out of burgers?
Sorry for all the questions, trying to decide whethercto keep my booking in 2 weeks.

Hmm. I was in the few who enjoyed Chef Mickeys in my previous experiences. But it sounds like they're just disappointing more and more people every year- maybe I'll just stick to 1900PF for my next trip, since that's one of my favorites and their food/characters have been consistently fantastic :confused3

This thread is about the changes at Cafe Mickey at Disneyland Paris, not Chef Mickey in the Contemporary Hotel at WDW.

Im not sure if wr will do it either mainly as our cousin is coming with us this trip and sooo fussy, he only ever eats pizza at cafe mickey, cant see him wanting to pay €42 for the pleasure. If it was just ourselves we prob would eat there think menu is ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter