Cafe Mickey warning

hannahplummer

Mouseketeer
Then menu changed in Cafe Mickey on Thursday 13th November - the only option available now is to have the set menu at €33.90 for a starter and main or €44 (I think) for starter main and desert!! And for the kids it's a set meal of starter main and desert for around €23.

You can't use it as a cheap character meal now and share some pizzas.

Also we waited patiently at our table to meet Minnie Mouse - but due to others not doing the same and just going over to see her we didn't get to see her. I had one disappointed 3 year old on her birthday :(

Thanks Cafe Mickey!

so there is no a la carte menu at Cafe Mickey at all anymore? Very disappointing, we weren't planning on Cafe Mickey for our next trip but if this is the case I doubt we'll be back at all.

No a la carte menu at all now. Just the set menu. Will try and get a photo when we next go past. Not happy.

hannahplummer said:
No a la carte menu at all now. Just the set menu. Will try and get a photo when we next go past. Not happy.

oh no! there's no way I'm paying this for Cafe Mickey. Food is not worth it. I'd rather save some more and go to Inventions. Did they change the food too?

How about breakfast? How much is that?

Oh dear. Very disappointing. We were planning on CM & Inventions. Looks like it'll be just Inventions for us now.

Also really disappointed in this but very grateful to you Hannah for the heads-up. Would be brilliant if you could get photos of the new menu while you're there.

Wondering now whether I should just add CM and Auberge to our package so at least they are paid for? :confused3

Thankyou so much for the warning, we are going to be onsite Monday to Thursday and I had 2 lunches booked for CM but as a family of 5 we were planning on sharing a few pizzas & waffle fries to keep the cost down while allowing my 4yr old to experience the characters so I will really need to re-think things now as I would be looking at 180+ euro now for lunch for the 5 of us :(.

A photo of the menu would be really fantastic :)

Another restaurant I probably won't be visiting again then.
I ate off the set menu in October but my main wasn't my first choice just best of a poor selection, Liam ended up with pizza again.
I remember having Rack of Lamb with crushed potatoes, Steak with Jacket Potato and Brie at CM. There used to be so much to choose from and part of my holiday is about planning lovely meals.

But it's all gone horribly wrong and I believe it's the introduction of the food vouchers that's too blame. People get the vouchers with DLP offers or because they want to budget, fair enough, but now DLP have a captive market. When we were there I noticed most people around us had vouchers. There was a very heated debate at a table next to us as dad had eaten a la carte and was now unwilling to pay up the difference and I'm sure this happens a lot given the confusion that surrounds the meal vouchers, so I can understand why they're getting rid of a la carte and won't to be too surprised if all TS restaurants follow suit. :sad1:

Personnely I think its more to do with the amount of familys who order pizza and fries to share, it not very profitable really and at the end if the day its a buisness. I think they should bring back cowboy cookout for people on a budget. We luv cafe mickey its always the first restraunt we book.

I've got a photo of the menu and I'll try and post it later when back at the Hoyle if I can work out how...!

At least my glowtini was good...

if the menu choises stay the same, it's not worth it. The food in CM isn't good, I'd rather save and go for Inventions. Character meal choice is very poor now. It's either overpriced so so food, expensive Inventions and fancy Auberge.

if the menu choises stay the same, it's not worth it. The food in CM isn't good, I'd rather save and go for Inventions. Character meal choice is very poor now. It's either overpriced so so food, expensive Inventions and fancy Auberge.

Sadly I have to say I agree with you, CM is and always has been the one place we've had to visit at least once on every trip, so I'm talking at least 11 visits, but the choice and standard has deteriorated a little more and a little more every trip. :sad2:

This is so disappointing :( We like to eat off the A La Carte menu as set menus rarely suit us as a family so it's unlikely we'll go back now and it's always been a firm favourite.

Thanks for the update. After our visit last month, I vowed never again, but I might have reconsidered in the future. Now I definitely won't return. I'd rather shell out the extra cash and go to Inventions.

jillrobinson said:
Sadly I have to say I agree with you, CM is and always has been the one place we've had to visit at least once on every trip, so I'm talking at least 11 visits, but the choice and standard has deteriorated a little more and a little more every trip. :sad2:

going to Inventions and Chez Remy is going to add big to our budget.
People will still go to CM, but they need to improve a lot. No cowboy cookout, no characters in hotels and now this.

Here is a better photo from Charley Hammond

cafemickeymenu.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter