• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Broadway shows??????

OKAY SO I SAW WICKED AND ALADDIN THIS WEEKEND!!

Wicked- Wicked was super good. It exceeded the expectations I had been building since 4th grade. The score for Wicked is AMAZING and Kara Lindsay is the perfect Glinda. My one and only complaint for Wicked is that it runs SUPER long. The total running time is 2 hours and 50 minutes. That's NUTS- but the book is good, so I can't complain much.

KARA IS THE PERFECT GLINDA AAHH! I saw her on tour back in November (it was my first time seeing Wicked live also) and she completely blew me away and her Popular is the funniest thing.

I just saw Newsies on tour and it blew me away!!!! I mean, it was the BEST SHOW I have ever seen, though Wicked is a close second. Jack Sippel, who plays Mush/Bill and understudies Davey and Crutchie, gave me a private backstage tour. SO FUN! Then if just meeting him wasn't enough, he ran back to Katherine's typewriter/desk and grabbed me the newspaper that she had just used on stage in the show. I need to frame that thing lol.

So long story short, if you have a chance to go see Newsies....GO!!!! The dancing and harmonizing was above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Exactly why I have loved the show for so long and why it's my all-time favorite! Now on to see The Lion King!

I just saw Newsies on tour and it blew me away!!!! I mean, it was the BEST SHOW I have ever seen, though Wicked is a close second. Jack Sippel, who plays Mush/Bill and understudies Davey and Crutchie, gave me a private backstage tour. SO FUN! Then if just meeting him wasn't enough, he ran back to Katherine's typewriter/desk and grabbed me the newspaper that she had just used on stage in the show. I need to frame that thing lol.

So long story short, if you have a chance to go see Newsies....GO!!!! The dancing and harmonizing was above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Exactly why I have loved the show for so long and why it's my all-time favorite! Now on to see The Lion King!

Jack is the sweetest boy ever!!! I met him when the toursies were at the Broadway Flea Market this year. How did you get a tour from him?

Jack is the sweetest boy ever!!! I met him when the toursies were at the Broadway Flea Market this year. How did you get a tour from him?

My friend was the assistant or associate(not sure which term lol) producer for Memphis the Musical on Broadway. Jack was in the national tour, so she knew him and got me a private tour with him:) And yes, I agree. The sweetest boy ever!

OH MY GOD THAT'S SO EXCITING AHHH :goodvibes

Newsies is my all-time favorite show hands down. I saw it twice on Broadway, and its such an incredible show! What was your favorite number from it?

I LIKE THAT THIS IS TURNING INTO A NEWSIES FANGIRLING THREAD!!!

Also... um, I kind of have tickets to see Aladdin again :rotfl2: my dad wanted to see it for his birthday, so that's what we're doing!

I LIKE THAT THIS IS TURNING INTO A NEWSIES FANGIRLING THREAD!!!

Also... um, I kind of have tickets to see Aladdin again :rotfl2: my dad wanted to see it for his birthday, so that's what we're doing!

YES SAME

I listened to the soundtrack for the first time in a while today. And I'm still obsessed as ever :lovestruc

AND UM so jealous about Aladdin! I hope I get to see it this summer!

I LIKE THAT THIS IS TURNING INTO A NEWSIES FANGIRLING THREAD!!! Also... um, I kind of have tickets to see Aladdin again :rotfl2: my dad wanted to see it for his birthday, so that's what we're doing!

Oh, if that's what it is, then I'm in! I love Newsies!

OH MY GOD THAT'S SO EXCITING AHHH :goodvibes Newsies is my all-time favorite show hands down. I saw it twice on Broadway, and its such an incredible show! What was your favorite number from it?

Oh gosh, that's a hard question. Umm, I loved King of New York especially because I love to tap dance and I desperately want to play Katherine someday. But honestly, I probably loved every single song equally.

I LIKE THAT THIS IS TURNING INTO A NEWSIES FANGIRLING THREAD!!! Also... um, I kind of have tickets to see Aladdin again :rotfl2: my dad wanted to see it for his birthday, so that's what we're doing!

Can I take your username?;) It's pretty great.

Ahhh, I really want to see Aladdin!! But right now, I have to settle for Lion King twice and Motown. Darn;)

Can I take your username?;) It's pretty great.

Ahhh, I really want to see Aladdin!! But right now, I have to settle for Lion King twice and Motown. Darn;)

Honestly, I don't know how I was able to land my username. This website was around for like over a decade and nobody had taken it? Crazy :rotfl:

Tell me how LK and Motown are!!!

Kind of a theater fan - here's my Broadway/Broadway Touring Company list, in no particular order (my review + 1-4 "stars"):

Musicals:
=======
Les Miserables (seen 4 times) = ****
Phantom of the Opera = **
Wicked = ***
Annie = ***
Scarlet Pimpernel = **
Avenue Q = *
Into the Heights = ***
Young Frankenstein = ****
Joseph & Technicolor Dreamcoat (2 times) = ****
The Producers = ****
Mary Poppins = ***
Miss Saigon = **
Will Roger's Follies = ***
Hairspray = ***
Buddy Holly Story = **
Thoroughly Modern Millie = ****
Rent = **
Cats = ***
Crazy for You = **
42nd Street = ***
Footloose = **

Non-Musicals
=========
Arsenic and Old Lace = ***
Lady in Black = **

Honestly, I don't know how I was able to land my username. This website was around for like over a decade and nobody had taken it? Crazy :rotfl: Tell me how LK and Motown are!!!

I'd never heard of Newsies until it came to Broadway...

Oh gosh, that's a hard question. Umm, I loved King of New York especially because I love to tap dance and I desperately want to play Katherine someday. But honestly, I probably loved every single song equally.

I love King of New York, but my favorite has to be Once and For All. The set moving forward gives me chills everytime. And I hope to play to Katherine someday also! :)

I'd never heard of Newsies until it came to Broadway...

I didn't either, I didn't even know the movie existed! (which I still have never seen :rotfl:)

I don't blame you guys for not having heard of Newsies until it came to Broadway. The movie flopped in theaters and was only kept in big enough prominence for hopes of a Broadway show by a large but little-known, mostly-adult fanbase hidden obscurely on online forums and fanfiction.net. The first time I saw Newsies was in 6th grade with my music class and that's when I fell in love. Then it came to my regional theater (Papermill Playhouse) when I was I think in 8th grade and broadway when I was a freshman. Still, I was fairly surprised that nobody on the Dis was part of this obscure little musical fandom when I signed up for the Dis last year ;)

Have any of you on here ever read the novels that some of these musicals are based off of?

I have read Phantom of the Opera. I liked the book a lot, it has some differences from the show though. I did read part of Wicked, but without having seen the show for reference I was often confused about the dynamics and what was going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter