• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Broadway shows??????

hey, so remember when I said that they announced my school show? Well, I was just cast as Erronius! I'm really mega super excited because I've never worked on a sondheim show before and the music is so great and the book is so funny and ahfhsdfhjkhfff

hey, so remember when I said that they announced my school show? Well, I was just cast as Erronius! I'm really mega super excited because I've never worked on a sondheim show before and the music is so great and the book is so funny and ahfhsdfhjkhfff

I have no idea what that is, but congrats!

I have no idea what that is, but congrats!

I should have mentioned that the show is A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum... sorry!!! Haha it's one of Sondheim's older works, it's a Broadway show based off of a movie of the same name :cool1:

I haven't watched any Broadway live but based off how much I liked the movie Annie and The Phantom of the Opera.

SO, guess who got Book of Mormon and Wicked tickets for Christmas?

This means that within a 7 day period, I'll be seeing Book of Mormon, Wicked, and Aladdin. Guys, COLOR ME STOKED!! :cool1:

SO, guess who got Book of Mormon and Wicked tickets for Christmas? This means that within a 7 day period, I'll be seeing Book of Mormon, Wicked, and Aladdin. Guys, COLOR ME STOKED!! :cool1:
Wicked is so good! We're hoping to see Newsies on tour next year.

This means that within a 7 day period, I'll be seeing Book of Mormon, Wicked, and Aladdin. Guys, COLOR ME STOKED!! :cool1:

Wicked is absolutely fantastic, and my mom said Book of Mormon was hilarious! I know you'll have a spectacular time!

I haven't watched any Broadway live but based off how much I liked the movie Annie and The Phantom of the Opera.

You need to go! I've heard Annie on Broadway is amazing, but I haven't seen it. And, well, Phantom is just magical on stage! The acting is fifteen times better.

Does anyone know when Lion King will put out a new touring schedule? It breaks off this summer, and I really want to see it!

You need to go! I've heard Annie on Broadway is amazing, but I haven't seen it. And, well, Phantom is just magical on stage! The acting is fifteen times better.

I always wanted to warch something on Broadway.It just sounded like it would be a great expirence.

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous right now. I looooooove Wicked, have always wanted to see it live.

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, if you celebrate it!! I got tickets to see Newsies on tour for Christmas (which is one of my ALL-TIME favorites). That will be in January. EEK!! Then I'm going to be seeing Lion King twice in February. SO EXCITED:) I might even have to see if my parents will let me see Motown, which looks incredible.

Happy Holidays!!!

SO, guess who got Book of Mormon and Wicked tickets for Christmas? This means that within a 7 day period, I'll be seeing Book of Mormon, Wicked, and Aladdin. Guys, COLOR ME STOKED!! :cool1:

Such a great present!! The first time I saw it, I couldn't appreciate it( I was younger and couldn't understand it). But I saw it last year.....it blew my mind!!!!! So exciting for you:)

I got to see the touring production of Book of Mormon twice this weekend and it was amazing. I turned my boyfriend into a fan of the theater, I think. We're trying for the lottery again later this week to take my friend. Our new theater just opened up and our lotto seats are pretty much always front row center. We won once the other day and it just made us love it even more.

I also have tickets for Lion King in Fort Lauderdale in January, Newsies in Orlando late January, and Wicked in Miami in March. Going to be a great start to the year!

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, if you celebrate it!! I got tickets to see Newsies on tour for Christmas (which is one of my ALL-TIME favorites). That will be in January. EEK!! Then I'm going to be seeing Lion King twice in February. SO EXCITED:) I might even have to see if my parents will let me see Motown, which looks incredible.

Happy Holidays!!!

NEWSIES OF NEW YAWRK! Big fan of the touring boys. The Broadway boys, though they'll always be my favorite, were older, more seasoned and professional- I like how the touring boys are really just younger guys having fun :-)

Congratulations Newsies!

(I think I wrote on this thread before idk) But Hello.

My absolute favorite show is Newsies. Some of my other favorites are Once on This Island, In the Heights, West Side Story, and Wicked.
Yeah, I'm very into theatre. My dream is to be on Broadway pixiedust: and I'm planning on majoring in musical theatre in college.

Last edited:
OKAY SO I SAW WICKED AND ALADDIN THIS WEEKEND!!

Wicked- Wicked was super good. It exceeded the expectations I had been building since 4th grade. The score for Wicked is AMAZING and Kara Lindsay is the perfect Glinda. My one and only complaint for Wicked is that it runs SUPER long. The total running time is 2 hours and 50 minutes. That's NUTS- but the book is good, so I can't complain much.

Aladdin- As perfect as Wicked was, I have to say that ALADDIN is now currently my favorite show on Broadway. I was taking Aladdin-based classes that weekend, so I met James Monroe-Iglehart (The Genie) beforehand and he said he would improv a cartwheel in for us for us during the show. If you haven't seen Aladdin, he gets a lot of opportunities to adlib in the show and he went "THIS IS FOR THE KIDS IN THE BACK ROW!" and did a cartwheel. That's Broadway magic for you ;) other than that specific moment, there are so many awe-striking moments in Aladdin that it's hard to keep track of it all. There are so many show-stopping numbers, but I have to say my favorite with Friend Like Me. It's just a giant spectacle full of glamour and glitz and the kinds of tricks you can only find on Broadway. People appear out of nowhere and things appear out of thin air.

I was really worried about seeing the Genie on stage. A lot of what made the Genie "THE Genie" in Aladdin was the fact that animators and Robin Williams worked together to make him this wise-cracking and shape-shifting, dynamic figure. Obviously, James can't shape-shift on stage and nobody can simply be Robin Williams. What I found out by talking to James that morning was that the musical version of the Genie is a lot different than the movie version because it's modeled after what the Genie was originally supposed to be- an old time jazz/blues singer not unlike Cab Calloway. James did a FANTASTIC job making the character his own. He commanded the stage every time he was on it and was dynamic, talented, and charismatic. If you haven't seen Aladdin yet, PLEASE see it before he leaves. He really completes this show.

Other than James, who stole the show, Adam Jacobs as Aladdin and Don Darryl Rivera as Iago gave some incredible performances. Rivera had me cracking up the ENTIRE show. Courtney Reed was also phenomenal- she really made Jasmine her own character. Adam Jacobs' Aladdin is more charming and three-dimensional on stage- he does a really good job of portraying the vulnerable and hopeful parts of Aladdin that we don't get to see in the movie. Plus, he's super dreamy :lovestruc I got to ask him a question during the Q&A I was lucky enough to attend afterwards and he's honestly the most sweet and adorable man on Broadway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter