Broadway shows??????

Next (off-Broadway) at my local theatre is issuing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (yay.), The Lion King (fingers crossed), Memphis (seen it), and Motown (I think).

I have a question for all of you. If you could be in any Broadway show, which one would you be in and what character would you be?
Last year my High School put on Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I got to play The Narrator and loved it. I would love playing that role on Broadway.

That's hard, but I guess I'd have to go for one of the big ones. Cosette in Les Miserables would be my (realistic) pick.

Next (off-Broadway) at my local theatre is issuing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (yay.), The Lion King (fingers crossed), Memphis (seen it), and Motown (I think).

I have a question for all of you. If you could be in any Broadway show, which one would you be in and what character would you be?
In strictly acting and possibly singing (because I can't dance), I have three shows that I think I could do a good role in. In Beauty and the Beast, Belle. In Les Mis, Eponine or Gavroche. In Phantom, Meg Giry (I love Christine but I know I couldn't play her).

In strictly acting and possibly singing (because I can't dance), I have three shows that I think I could do a good role in. In Beauty and the Beast, Belle. In Les Mis, Eponine or Gavroche. In Phantom, Meg Giry (I love Christine but I know I couldn't play her).

Eponine is my favorite character in Les Mis. However, I'd personally like to be in Chicago as one of the six merry murderesses (even though I can't dance). Realistically, I'd probably just land in ensemble for something.

Oh, I could never be anything but ensemble or crew, it's been proven in high school. This is dreaming.

Oooo I love Les Miserables!! I haven't seen the show, but I'd seen the movie and it's amazing! Cosette is probably my fav in that movie.

As for Les Miserables, I do really like Cosette but I am actually more of a fan Eponine. "On My Own" is my favorite song in the whole musical.

Oh, I could never be anything but ensemble or crew, it's been proven in high school. This is dreaming.

You could end up in a lead role in community theater or something (a lot of colleges don't let you audition unless you're majoring in theater) if you just keep auditioning! Sandra Joseph, Phantom's longest-running Christine, spent four? years almost entirely unemployed before spending three years as an ensemble member in the show - and then blew three auditions for the lead. Four years of high school is nothing ;)

Being honest, my first pick for a dream role was Christine, but I'm not entirely comfortable with "Point of No Return." Cosette's great, though, and she's so good and lighthearted in the book! She's my favorite character in Les Mis. I wouldn't mind Fantine or Eponine (assuming I ever get the range for 'Ponine), either!

The great thing about Les Mis is that even though it's a big musical, the rights are out for regional (possibly community?) theaters to do. It wouldn't be as hard to land!

"On My Own" is a beautiful song. I'm trying to sing and hit some notes to that for funsies.

Gonna sing it a little lower first before I get up in my comfort range and go for the high notes.

"On My Own" is a beautiful song. I'm trying to sing and hit some notes to that for funsies.

Gonna sing it a little lower first before I get up in my comfort range and go for the high notes.

Do you know how to belt?

Do you know how to belt?
Belting is a definite process that one works on after many years of training. I remember seeing an interview with Idina Menzel and she said it took a lot of work to develop her voice to be able to belt on notes and sustain them for songs like "Defying Gravity". i have been in vocal training for many years and still struggle with such end notes like the one from the song "Defying Gravity". My teacher says it will develop, but right now since I am still young it just isn't quite there yet.

By far the character I'd like to play the most on Broadway would be Mimi Marquez from Rent. She has a beautiful duet with Roger called "Without You". I just love that song.

Belting is a definite process that one works on after many years of training. I remember seeing an interview with Idina Menzel and she said it took a lot of work to develop her voice to be able to belt on notes and sustain them for songs like "Defying Gravity". i have been in vocal training for many years and still struggle with such end notes like the one from the song "Defying Gravity". My teacher says it will develop, but right now since I am still young it just isn't quite there yet.

I do the same thing. My choir teacher (not a professional AT ALL) has us to breathing exercises during warm-ups. Have you heard of "breathe in for (2-8) counts. Squeeze. Breathe out for (insert random # here) counts?" It kind of helps me keep the strength sustain long notes if you practice it a lot.

I do the same thing. My choir teacher (not a professional AT ALL) has us to breathing exercises during warm-ups. Have you heard of "breathe in for (2-8) counts. Squeeze. Relax for (insert random # here) counts?" It kind of helps me keep the strength sustain long notes if you practice it a lot.
Yes, breathing exercises work wonders with holding notes out.

You could end up in a lead role in community theater or something (a lot of colleges don't let you audition unless you're majoring in theater) if you just keep auditioning! Sandra Joseph, Phantom's longest-running Christine, spent four? years almost entirely unemployed before spending three years as an ensemble member in the show - and then blew three auditions for the lead. Four years of high school is nothing ;)

Being honest, my first pick for a dream role was Christine, but I'm not entirely comfortable with "Point of No Return." Cosette's great, though, and she's so good and lighthearted in the book! She's my favorite character in Les Mis. I wouldn't mind Fantine or Eponine (assuming I ever get the range for 'Ponine), either!

The great thing about Les Mis is that even though it's a big musical, the rights are out for regional (possibly community?) theaters to do. It wouldn't be as hard to land!

I know some high schools in my area that have gotten the rights to Les Mis before. I would assume it'd go for community. Another good thing about it is that because of the movie popularity (regardless of what people think of it), the audience for the show has only expanded. More likely that more people would buy the rights to it.

Oh, yeah, that's understandable. I know teens who have learned the basics, hence why I asked :) I'm training classically, but I plan on learning how to belt once my technique strengthens enough.

Nessie, you have guts! I wouldn't dare try belting. I'm way too paranoid about killing my vocal chords. (But I also don't know the basics, so...)

I love On My Own, but a Little Fall of Rain and Bring Him Home are my favorites :)
I'm really hoping that I'll get to do Les Mis in the future. I have auditions for Mary Poppins this year, though :)

Oh, yeah, that's understandable. I know teens who have learned the basics, hence why I asked :) I'm training classically, but I plan on learning how to belt once my technique strengthens enough.

Nessie, you have guts! I wouldn't dare try belting. I'm way too paranoid about killing my vocal chords. (But I also don't know the basics, so...)

I love On My Own, but a Little Fall of Rain and Bring Him Home are my favorites :)
I'm really hoping that I'll get to do Les Mis in the future. I have auditions for Mary Poppins this year, though :)
I can belt but it is no where the quality that I really want. I need a lot more training to develop my voice to do it better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!