Boys in the Girls Bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hentob said:
You obliviously "no" more than who?!?!?! You are now calling people "Whackos". Seriously--I think you are fibbing. I don't think you have an office. I don't believe for one minute you are an educated/degree holding/licensed psychologist. Who in the world would allow you alone with a child? You have admitted that you would try to embarrass a child if a parent took him into a ladies' room. No matter what your stance is on this subject, or how "passioante" you are on this subject, why on earth would you attempt to shame a child?
Again, you work with children?

To be honest with you, I feel your run on the DIS may soon becoming to an end. So enjoy calling people names while you can ;)

While I agree with what you are saying I cannot stand behind the statement in bold. Isn't this what you did when you created a thread about my son not too long ago?

georgia4now said:
Well put. This over-protective society is turning young men into a bunch of wussies. Stand at the door, let the kid do his business, when he comes out, go enjoy the parks. It's that simple.

Kids have a better chance of being injured on a ride than he does being molested in a crowded bathroom at WDW.

Ok, seriously, now I'm really going to stop posting on this subject! It's just soooo much fun! :teeth:

Im sorry, but I have to say something here. You know, if I'm weighing the importance of whether my son is a "wussie" as you call it, or being scarred for life by some pedophile sicko, then I'll take the "wussie" label. You know, 2 minutes of something like that for a young boy, could take his innocence and ruin his young life. You make it sound really simple, but crimes against children are at an all time high. Its not a rare thing anymore, and the risk, though still small, is too much for myself as a mother to take. You call it being overprotective, I call it being responsible. God has given me a responsibility to take care of His creation, and I plan to do just that.

traviesojmt said:
Wow, this thread has definitely turned ugly now. If this isn't an "in your face attitude", I don't know what is. You are certainly allowed to your opinion, but you have really crossed the line with your post. It may not be a competition to see who the better parent might be, but you certainly tried to make it so as you were calling other parents FREAKS. I have not idea why you seem so angry by this topic, but I do not think it appropriate to become so hostile at other posters.

No one was calling the posters here freaks. You apparently did not read my FIRST post several pages back, trying to be supportive! Do some research of this thread before you start bashing me and my opinion, until you know better what my opinion is! Once this thread took a turn for the worst, (Yes, by several "in your face" posters), I felt it only right to voice my anger towards them. There are definitely some posters here who have not been shy in stating that they do not care if it offends others and have even said that they laugh at people who correct their peeping tom children.

So "I" have crossed the line??? Really?? I'm beginning to think the paranoia that is rampant throughout this thread goes much farther than the bathroom issue.

Don't bash me until you re-read my posts and understand where I am coming from. YOU, my dear, are the hostile one. I did not deserve your rage. Take it out on someone else. Educate yourself, read the thread, and go back to Disney - sounds like you need a vacation :wave2:

gardendame said:
I think we get your point!!! You have an autistic son, therefore your circumstances are different. This is NOT what the OP was talking about. This thread is not about YOU and YOUR situation.

This is not about a 6 year old special needs child!

*sigh*
I was merely used my 9 yo as an example, and I do realize that many here are not in my situation, but logistically, there are many, many special needs kids in WDW each & every day. Thanks for the yelling (with the caps), I've gotten your point loud & clear. :sad2:

Again, to those who made their points, thanks for the posts, I may not be the OP but I have learned a lot from some of you. Best of luck on your WDW trips & other ones too, I'm definitely out of this one. :)

Wussy. There. SOmeone said it. Change one letter and the whole hilarious, entertaining post will be deleted.

For real, are you going to hold your children's hand forever?

Garden dame- I'll cop to the "freaks" thing. I call it like i see it. If I rolled my eyes any harder at the paranoia int his thread, they'd pop out the back of my head. Some people are....ok... to be polite...not freaks, but very very very very weird & different than any people I've actually met in person.

Southern4sure said:
While I agree with what you are saying I cannot stand behind the statement in bold. Isn't this what you did when you created a thread about my son not too long ago?

Nope! :teeth:

Misunderstanding on your part. Remember? I typed "Yee-haw" and you posted that you felt sorry for my children b/c I made fun of people that said "Yee-Haw". That was funny :rotfl:

I then called you on your parenting skills, because of your posting bathtub pictures of your child (was he 8 or 9?) in your sig. I felt perhaps you were embarrassing/endangering your own child by doing this. I NEVER embarrassed your child. NEVER.

We settled it via email (over on the ezboards), but now that you have brought it up again, I thought I would remind you of the facts/defend myself. I have apologized for questioning your son's bathtub pictures and for the way I went about it (public forum). That was wrong of me. I should have PM'd you mom-to-mom about the dangers of posting pictures of children taking a bath. I thought you accepted my apology?

So sorry you haven't gotten over it. It was so long ago (well over a year). Hopefully you can get past it soon. :grouphug:

Can't we all just agree to disagree? Some people think it's okay, some don't. Some have special needs, some don't. How about - if you feel that you have to bring your child in then make sure they are respectful of others, if you don't feel you have to bring your child in then do what it takes to ensure their safety as well. Neither choice makes any of us "whackos", "freaks", or "nuts". In the end we are all just tryig to do the best we know how. I mean, we all love our kids right? So let's all do what is best for our own family but try to have courtesy for others too. princess:

"what is best for our own family "

this is the argument.

1)I don't think it's best or even good. I think it may be bad.

2)It's not my child, so that negates # 1

3) Until said child is messed up and I have to deal with him, the rest of society has to deal with him, and my chidlren, as his peers, have to deal with him, therefore negating #2.

:stir:

popcorn::

What is best for my family is to not have 10 and up boys in the WOMENS room as the written sign clearly says.

AllyCatTapia said:
"what is best for our own family "

this is the argument.

1)I don't think it's best or even good. I think it may be bad.

2)It's not my child, so that negates # 1

3) Until said child is messed up and I have to deal with him, the rest of society has to deal with him, and my chidlren, as his peers, have to deal with him, therefore negating #2.

:stir:

popcorn::

Let me assure you that you will NEVER have the pleasure of being anywhere near my children. You are mean spirited and if you work with kids I sincerely hope they investigate you further. I am afraid for any child that has to make contact with you. I personally think you are the "messed up" one that society has to deal with. Nothing wrong with a debate but your are, as always, way out of line.

Mouse House Mama said:
Can't we all just agree to disagree? Some people think it's okay, some don't. Some have special needs, some don't. How about - if you feel that you have to bring your child in then make sure they are respectful of others, if you don't feel you have to bring your child in then do what it takes to ensure their safety as well. Neither choice makes any of us "whackos", "freaks", or "nuts". In the end we are all just tryig to do the best we know how. I mean, we all love our kids right? So let's all do what is best for our own family but try to have courtesy for others too. princess:

The problem is that the people who don't want 10 year old boys peeking through the cracks in the stalls can't really just "agree to disagree."

Ten year olds are approaching junior high/6th grade. That's so inappropriate, and it's not fair to everyone else in the bathroom.

Hannathy said:
What is best for my family is to not have 10 and up boys in the WOMENS room as the written sign clearly says.
I can understand that but seriously, how often have you seen a barage of young boys in the ladies room? If you have seen it alot then I apologize in advance but I don't think it is the norm. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not trying to fight with you so please don't take it that way, I am just trying to say that there are two sides to a coin. princess:

Hannathy said:
I can understand that but seriously, how often have you seen a barage of young boys in the ladies room? If you have seen it alot then I apologize in advance but I don't think it is the norm. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not trying to fight with you so please don't take it that way, I am just trying to say that there are two sides to a coin. princess:

"Originally Posted by AllyCatTapia
Ugh, when I see a 10 year old boy in the bathroom next to my five year old girl- i am gonna 1) puke 2)scream 3) embarrass the hell out of the kid and his overprotective parents "

Wow! How mature... :rolleyes: ...I think the only thing that would be embarrassing in that situation is YOU ...And to think how embarassed your own daughter would be at that spectacle...What a life lesson to teach...geez.. :sad2: :sad2:

hentob said:
Nope! :teeth:

Misunderstanding on your part. Remember? I typed "Yee-haw" and you posted that you felt sorry for my children b/c I made fun of people that said "Yee-Haw". That was funny :rotfl:

I then called you on your parenting skills, because of your posting bathtub pictures of your child (was he 8 or 9/) in your sig. I felt perhaps you were embarrassing/endangering your own child by doing this. I NEVER embarrassed your child. NEVER.

We settled it via email (over on the ezboards), but now that you have brought it up again, I thought I would remind you of the facts/defend myself. I have apologized for questioning your son's bathtub pictures. I thought you accepted my apology?

So sorry you haven't gotten over it. It was so long ago. Hopefully you can get past it soon. :grouphug:

Hmmm, Your thinking of the misunderstanding posts by us. I seem to recall a thread on the dis created by you that was closed because of your "concern".

Last post on the thread by WMAlex

If you feel a picture is innapropriate you can report it to a moderator. Since the posters name is being pm'd around this is nothing but a thinly veiled personal attack and will be treated as such.

Just for the record since you brought it up, the pic only showed shoulders and up. You and your clan turned something innocent into something filty.

BTW, yes I have accepted your apology but I find your words are forked and you were accusing someone of something you did so I called you on it. Sorry if you dont remember the spiteful words you said about my son on this board and others.

I'm not going to debate you on this. It was just a friendly reminder that we all are not perfect parents..... :thumbsup2

I have not seen it a lot because parents in the past had the sense to not take 10 yr olds in the bathroom. It certainly sounds like we will be seeing it in the future based on this thread.

I will continue to think it is wrong and to feel sorry for the girls and if I see an 11 yr old in the bathroom I will continue to tell them they are in the wrong bathroom.

MBeds said:
"Originally Posted by AllyCatTapia
Ugh, when I see a 10 year old boy in the bathroom next to my five year old girl- i am gonna 1) puke 2)scream 3) embarrass the hell out of the kid and his overprotective parents "

Wow! How mature... :rolleyes: ...I think the only thing that would be embarrassing in that situation is YOU ...And to think how embarassed your own daughter would be at that spectacle...What a life lesson to teach...geez.. :sad2: :sad2:

This is exactly what I meant earlier about the "in you face" posters. Why in the world would ANYONE think it was okay for a 10 year old boy to be next to a 5 year old girl in the girls bathroom??? This is NOT okay!!! I understand people here are concerned about their sons, but some of you have such blatant disregard for little girls!
Can someone please explain to me why (as the mindset here keeps pointing out) why is it not okay for a 10 y/o boy to stand next to a 15 y/o boy in the Mens room, but it is okay for a 10 y/o boy to stand next to a 5 y/o GIRL in the Ladies room? Why the double standard?? It is the same age difference? Are you saying that little girls don't matter, that they just have to "deal with it"??

Southern4sure said:
I'm not going to debate you on this. It was just a friendly reminder that we all are not perfect parents..... :thumbsup2

I agree with you there :wave: Just ask my poor son. I missed a spot on his ear while applying sunscreen yesterday and OUCH! He is so very sunburned today. Just in that one spot, but it is very, very bad. I could kick myself :guilty:

Hello?
Moderator?
Are you there?
Don't you think it's time to put this happy little Disney thread out to pasture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter