Booking day for dvc member cruise tomorrow!!

Mlhoster- I work in Wheaton. The best part if the cruise will be all the new people we will meet.

For first time cruisers, when can we book the activities, and other special events?

We need to get a Chicago group together! We're from the Schaumburg area. Kelly... I got in right at 7:00, was the first guest for my Member Services rep and 14 minutes later had a 5C on deck 7. Stateroom 7572. First Disney cruise. We've been members since Feb 09 also. We should meet!!

WOW!!! Way to go Chicago!!! I also got in right at 7AM and was my rep's first caller. Booked a 5A on deck 9. This will be our first Members Cruise. We went on a Disney Cruise in November and LOVED it!! We were on the Disney Wonder. The Dream should be even better. I would love for a group of us Chicago peeps to get together. Congrats to you and let's keep chatting.

Kellypirate:

We need to get a Chicago group together! We're from the Schaumburg area. Kelly... I got in right at 7:00, was the first guest for my Member Services rep and 14 minutes later had a 5C on deck 7. Stateroom 7572. First Disney cruise. We've been members since Feb 09 also. We should meet!!

We are in Plainfield and work in Naperville and Lisle! There actually is a Chicago thread on the Community Board (main boards) that get together occasionally for meets. We have joined up with them several times and they are all great folks too.

Then we also had a DVC poster who arranged some local Chicago DVC/DIS meets and they were fun also!

John and I are always up for some fun times and meeting DVC/DIS folks! :)

We'll all have to form a Deck 9 club Sue! Denise and I are from Long Island, NY. We've been DVC members since 5/06 at Saratoga Springs and Bay Lake Tower. This will be our first Disney cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!

Add me to the Deck 9 Club:) Cabin 9660 We're from Long Island too:) This will be our 4th or 5th cruise (not sure if we are going to go on one we already have booked for August 2011).

I'm so excited!!:banana::banana:

Mlhoster- I work in Wheaton. The best part if the cruise will be all the new people we will meet.

For first time cruisers, when can we book the activities, and other special events?

I think it's 75 days out. If you have your DCL reservation number you can pull it up at disneycruise.com. It will tell you when you can start reserving those. Found the info on DCLs website:
Pre-reservation booking windows open:
First Time Guests 75 days prior to sail date
Silver Castaway 90 days prior to sail date
Gold Castaway 105 days prior to sail date
Platinum Castaway 120 days prior to sail date

How cool is that? We just off this years members cruise and I met up with a lady on CC that I had seen at my kids school. Thought we were the only Disney nuts in the area.:love:

Hi CarolAnn,
My husband works in Naperville as well. Been w/ the same company for years-telecommunications. I would love to meet others at one if the Chicago DIS meets. I will have to see where thus Chicagoland thread is. I usually go on DIS through my ITouch so I probably am missing some stuff. Although, this last year had been great in DIS in terms if learning things about DVC as a new member. I also have to figure where to locate the 2011 Cruise thread. Glad I have a full year to get ready.

Just to update, we ended up finally getting a cabin around 4pm yesterday. We got a category 5c, on deck 7.

Robin and I really feel bad for everyone who didn't make it through. There were several, who like us, was calling at 8am non-stop until finally getting picked up. There has to be a better way to do this, but I am sure Disney has bain-stormed before on this.

My suggestions...

add more staff
add phone lines that are by cabin category
add phone lines that are not thru member services
Allow booking online
add phone line by payment choice

Just to update, we ended up finally getting a cabin around 4pm yesterday. We got a category 5c, on deck 7.

Robin and I really feel bad for everyone who didn't make it through. There were several, who like us, was calling at 8am non-stop until finally getting picked up. There has to be a better way to do this, but I am sure Disney has bain-stormed before on this.

My suggestions...

add more staff
Allow booking online

Welcome aboard TomandRobin!

Add me to the Deck 9 Club:) Cabin 9660 We're from Long Island too:) This will be our 4th or 5th cruise (not sure if we are going to go on one we already have booked for August 2011).

I'm so excited!!:banana::banana:

Hi Eileen - welcome to the Deck 9 club! Nice to meet other Long Islanders! Let's keep in touch - feel free to PM us.

We just want to say how bad we feel for everyone who could not get through yesterday. Hopefully your waitlist comes through. To everyone who did get through, see you on-board:)

Hi CarolAnn,
My husband works in Naperville as well. Been w/ the same company for years-telecommunications. I would love to meet others at one if the Chicago DIS meets. I will have to see where thus Chicagoland thread is. I usually go on DIS through my ITouch so I probably am missing some stuff. Although, this last year had been great in DIS in terms if learning things about DVC as a new member. I also have to figure where to locate the 2011 Cruise thread. Glad I have a full year to get ready.

It never ceases to amaze me what a Small World it really is! I am looking forward to meeting you, and all the other fellow DVC Member Cruisers that have bonded here over the shared experienced of booking this trip!

My suggestions...

add more staff
Allow booking online

Congrats to you and the other folks who sneaked in under the wire yesterday! I agree, so very frustrating to try and book over the course of so many hours.

My thoughts are for them to add an additional member cruise perhaps back to back with the original, or even hold it semi annually which gives even more members the possibility of booking the cruise as well. I bet they would have no trouble filling a second ship, since the first one sells out in a matter of hours!

Welcome Aboard! :)

For my fellow DVC members who went through yesterday's experience of booking this cruise, I have started a thread Over Here after being inspired here.

Come share your experiences if you like, ROFLOL! Just another DVC/DCL addict here... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter