Booking day for dvc member cruise tomorrow!!

SOLD OUT!!!!! Talking to member service now. Wait list.

Oh, crap.:lmao: That really stinks. I am so sorry,FLW. I was really hoping you would get a reservation. You too alicat.:confused3

I really hope you get a call back from the waitlist. I hope you have a relaxing evening and don't let this spoil your weekend. Take care.:flower3:

Kelly

We will have to have a meet when we get down there- all of us 4A deck 9 (they saved the best for us last ones!!). Hopefully more will be joining us. I am Sue from Chicago. My husband and I are long time Disney fans. Joined DVC 9/09. First cruise ever for us.

Hey Pluto!!

My husband and I live in the far south burbs, Shorewood. It is by Plainfield/Naperville. We are huge Disney fans as well and have been DVC members since Feb. 09. We own at Baylake and now Aulani!!! We actually got through right at 6:59am this morning and were speaking with a rep at 7:00am. It was fairly easy. I hear I am very very lucky though. We booked a category 5A, stateroom 9560. Let's definitely keep in touch.

Kelly

HOORAY! We're all booked in a 4A - Deck 9 - Cabin 9114 - Late Seating. What a long day - but worth it!

To all our friends still trying or on hold, we hope you get your room!

-Mike and Denise

So happy for you guys! I was sweatin' it for you! :thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on the wait list. I can live the wait list and with a ship the size of the Dream, hopefully, we'll get lucky. We were on the wait list in 2005 but unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

Congrats to those who were able to book. We've been on two member cruises and have had a great time on both. Remember to bring an extra empty bag for the stateroom gifts.

My biggest frustration is the method Disney chose to determine who would be able to book and who would not. It should not be at the whim of telephone circuits and IVR errors. An earlier poster had the right idea. Everyone who is interested can express that interest on the website and DVC does a random selection assigning timeframes for people to book or the booking happens when Disney makes outbound calls to the lucky members. Better yet, you can book it online. That way members don't spend an entire Saturday trying to call and you don't need to have an all hands on deck effort from member services. Personally, I would expect a company like Disney to understand basic customer service/call center processes better than they appear to.

Wow what a long and frustrating day. Started calling at 8a est, 7a my time. I got through at one minute after and hit 1 for members service and was disconnected. I continued to call for the next 8 hours before I got through again. Long story short I got to be the first person told that the cruise was sold out after being on hold for 1 hour and 12 minutes. The CM was very nice and did all he could to keep my spirits high on getting a cabin via the wait list. So let the waiting begin. Congrats to all that were successful in getting reservations and good luck to all of us on the waitlists. A little bummed right now, but when the call from DCL comes to offer us a cabin, that will be cool.:cool1:

Well, I'm finally off the phone after calling for 3 hours straight this morning with 2 phones before having to take my girls to an event they had to do. Calling intermittently for about 4 hours while at my girls' event. Then calling straight for another 1.5 hours and finally getting in, hopeful that I could score at least a cat 4. No such luck, about an hour into my hold time the cruise sold out. But, I'm waitlisted for cat 4 - 11, and I'm hopeful. If it doesn't work out, then I can't say that I didn't try. And, then it just wasn't meant to be!

Well now its time to cook some chicken on the grill, open a nice bottle of red wine, and watch the Florida/Alabama game. :yay::yay::yay:

HOORAY! We're all booked in a 4A - Deck 9 - Cabin 9114 - Late Seating. What a long day - but worth it!

To all our friends still trying or on hold, we hope you get your room!

-Mike and Denise

My partner Jim and I can't wait to meet you - It has been a long day, I am so glad you two got on!!!:banana::dance3::dance3:

Kelly known as Lillian's mom-we live not far from you in Warrenville. Our home resort is BLT- we will be there Dec 5th. When we were at BCV this Sept, started talking with a lady that lived in Batavia and has been a DVC owner for years. Small world. I will be following the cruise thread so let's keep in touch.

Hooray for Mike and Denise!!!

We are also on Deck 9 stateroom 9560!!! We are kind of neighbors!!! Late seating for us as well!! Way to hang on and get your reservation!! Have a great evening....you deserve it.

Kelly

We're definitely neighbors on Deck 9! Looking forward to meeting on the cruise. You have a great evening too.

Well, I'm finally off the phone after calling for 3 hours straight this morning with 2 phones before having to take my girls to an event they had to do. Calling intermittently for about 4 hours while at my girls' event. Then calling straight for another 1.5 hours and finally getting in, hopeful that I could score at least a cat 4. No such luck, about an hour into my hold time the cruise sold out. But, I'm waitlisted for cat 4 - 11, and I'm hopeful. If it doesn't work out, then I can't say that I didn't try. And, then it just wasn't meant to be!

We're SO sorry that you couldn't get through in time. It was a very difficult day. Let's hope they call you soon because something opens up!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on the wait list. I can live the wait list and with a ship the size of the Dream, hopefully, we'll get lucky. We were on the wait list in 2005 but unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

Congrats to those who were able to book. We've been on two member cruises and have had a great time on both. Remember to bring an extra empty bag for the stateroom gifts.

My biggest frustration is the method Disney chose to determine who would be able to book and who would not. It should not be at the whim of telephone circuits and IVR errors. An earlier poster had the right idea. Everyone who is interested can express that interest on the website and DVC does a random selection assigning timeframes for people to book or the booking happens when Disney makes outbound calls to the lucky members. Better yet, you can book it online. That way members don't spend an entire Saturday trying to call and you don't need to have an all hands on deck effort from member services. Personally, I would expect a company like Disney to understand basic customer service/call center processes better than they appear to.

We're so sorry that you couldn't get through before they sold out. Let's hope they call you very soon with an open room! It was a very long and difficult day.

We will have to have a meet when we get down there- all of us 4A deck 9 (they saved the best for us last ones!!). Hopefully more will be joining us. I am Sue from Chicago. My husband and I are long time Disney fans. Joined DVC 9/09. First cruise ever for us.

We'll all have to form a Deck 9 club Sue! Denise and I are from Long Island, NY. We've been DVC members since 5/06 at Saratoga Springs and Bay Lake Tower. This will be our first Disney cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!

Kelly known as Lillian's mom-we live not far from you in Warrenville. Our home resort is BLT- we will be there Dec 5th. When we were at BCV this Sept, started talking with a lady that lived in Batavia and has been a DVC owner for years. Small world. I will be following the cruise thread so let's keep in touch.

Hey neighbor we are in Wheaton! It is a small world.;)

Hey Pluto!!

My husband and I live in the far south burbs, Shorewood. It is by Plainfield/Naperville. We are huge Disney fans as well and have been DVC members since Feb. 09. We own at Baylake and now Aulani!!! We actually got through right at 6:59am this morning and were speaking with a rep at 7:00am. It was fairly easy. I hear I am very very lucky though. We booked a category 5A, stateroom 9560. Let's definitely keep in touch.

Kelly

We need to get a Chicago group together! We're from the Schaumburg area. Kelly... I got in right at 7:00, was the first guest for my Member Services rep and 14 minutes later had a 5C on deck 7. Stateroom 7572. First Disney cruise. We've been members since Feb 09 also. We should meet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter