Binge Watching - Hits and Misses

This spoof on Downton Abbey - done with American accents, showed up on my YouTube suggestions. :lmao:And for those of you who never watched the series as you thought it was too stuffy & high-brow, you would have loved if they had made this version. :upsidedow :rotfl:

I like Orange is the New Black, and I'm planning to start Dead to Me when I get the chance.

DS20 has been recovering from tonsil surgery this past week and he was watching Schitt's Creek quite a bit. I started asking what it was about so he restarted it from the beginning so we could watch it together. It's hilarious!

In regards to halfway recent stuff, I watched "Dead to Me" because everybody was talking about it at work. I thought it was pretty good.

No one mentioned Wentworth. Loved it, and wish Netflix would put up the next season. It’s much better than Orange is the New Black.

Another one I really liked was Bates Motel.

Another fan of Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones - had never seen it and was recovering from surgery
Outlander is currently on Netflix
Designated Survivor - third season will be on Netflix
And trying to get thru all the Marvel movies

Toby Stephens should have won all the awards for that show. He was fantastic.

I wish I could triple-like this! He was mesmerizing!

And the writing for "Black Sails" was so good - at times, I felt like I was a classic novel on screen.

(I also fell in love w/ Captain Vane!)

I cried watching the full trailer. My brother-in-law was obsessed with the show (as am I) and could not wait for the movie, sadly he passed away last month from cancer so my mother-in-law and I have a date to watch it and cry our eyes out in September. (actually I just cried typing that too but moving on)

So very sorry for your loss.

Im gonna do you right, watch American Vandal , its like nothing you ever watched, after 2 episodes you are so hooked, they have 2 seasons so far. Not really dirty but not for prudes either (Netflix)

I am watching the MOST RIDICULOUS show I've ever watched in my entire life. High Seas - It set on a luxury ship, right after WW2. I thought it would satisfy my cruising obsession and my Downton Abbey obsession all in one place. OMG its awful - every episode something happens and NOTHING is resolved. I only stick with it because I think I just have an episode or two to get through, and its so damn pretty to look at.

I am watching the MOST RIDICULOUS show I've ever watched in my entire life. High Seas - It set on a luxury ship, right after WW2. I thought it would satisfy my cruising obsession and my Downton Abbey obsession all in one place. OMG its awful - every episode something happens and NOTHING is resolved. I only stick with it because I think I just have an episode or two to get through, and its so damn pretty to look at.

LOL I am watching it and actually liking it. I watch a lot of melodramas from Spain so it is up my ally though. It is from the same writer of Gran Hotel which I liked as well.

Last edited:
LOL I am watching it and actually liking it. I watch a lot of melodramas from Spain so it is up my ally though. It is from the same writer of Gran Hotel which I liked as well.

So funny.

I'm Greek American and Italian American - so the melodrama from Spain is right up my alley. I'm not quite hate watching it, but like I said before, its so pretty to look at. I'm going to look up this Gran Hotel you speak of. LOL

Currently:

Umbrella Academy for the 2nd time in a row (first time with DD and now with DH) - such a clever series - love the integration of music within scenes

Grey's Anatomy - how on earth did I not watch this before now? It is now on my list of all-time favorite shows.

Plan to Binge Soon:

Game of Thrones

Past Binges:

Downton Abbey
Call the Midwife
Victoria
Poldark
The Crown
Lark Rise to Candleford
Gilmore GIrls
Reign
The Tudors
The Royals (so bummed they didn't get an ending)
Britannia
Schitt's Creek
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
The Office
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Jane the Virgin
Supergirl
Glee
Romance is a Bonus Book
Accidentally in Love
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Derry GIrls
Violet Evergarden
The Legend of Korra

I think I'll give Dead to Me a try after reading posts in this thread.

So funny.

I'm Greek American and Italian American - so the melodrama from Spain is right up my alley. I'm not quite hate watching it, but like I said before, its so pretty to look at. I'm going to look up this Gran Hotel you speak of. LOL

My mom was from Spain. I don’t use my Spanish very often anymore as she has passed away so I started using these shows as a way to keep my ear for it. Now I watch whenever I find a new one on Netflix especially period drams. . if you haven’t already, watch Velvet. Start with the original one. There is also a sequel. It is my favourite.

Finished Dead as Me
Watching Designated Survivor now
I have watched a lot of shows I missed on regular TV and Netlix shows.
Summer here and we cancelled Dish so looking for more.

I prefer crime and adventure, not silly or comedies

Resurrecting this thread to add my take...

NEW HITS
Stranger Things
Breaking Bad
Good Omens
Chernobyl
Some Jerk with a Camera - an internet webcast on YouTube addressing the parks, so funny yet informative!

I've got a short, but very good, binge worthy show: The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair. I'm not sure where you can find it, but I watched it on a long haul flight back to the US....all 10 episodes. It was incredibly riveting, and kept me wondering the entire time. We had 54 minutes left in the flight, and I had one 49 minute episode to go...I was getting so mad at the flight attendants with all their announcements (done in German, French AND English....so three times as long....grrrr) as I was watching the minutes slip away. Fortunately, I finished it JUST before touchdown. LOL
ETA: It's included with Amazon Prime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter