Binge Watching - Hits and Misses

I just binged the third season of Santa Clarita Diet. The way that ended I'm REALLY annoyed they canceled it.
Now I'm finishing the fourth season of Kimmy Schmidt that I started like a year ago and abandoned. I'm getting ready to cancel Netflix when Disney+ comes out. :D

Just so you know Jessica Jones is part of Marvels Cinematic Universe. Its one of 4 Netflix TV series which have cross over characters and storylines. The other Netflix TV series linked with Jessica Jones are Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron-fist. After starting out individually, they all eventually meet each other and join together in a Netflix TV series called The Defenders.

And The Punisher, which is probably my favorite of the Netflix Marvel series.

Breaking Bad
Damages
Ozark
Stranger Things
Designated Survivor
Rain
Walking Dead
Black Sunday
Wanted
Quantico
Punisher
Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Narcos
13 reason why

I just binged the third season of Santa Clarita Diet. The way that ended I'm REALLY annoyed they canceled it.

I forgot that one on my list. Loved the first season, liked the second but was not into the third. I'm not surprised they ended it.

I came here looking for a new show to binge at the gym.
For anyone that liked and watched the following, can you tell me what you also enjoyed:

Currently watching and on my last episode of:
Dead to Me
Catastrophe
Orange is the New Black
Frankie and Grace
Ozark
I'm Sorry
You
The Good Place
Girlfriends Guide to Divorce
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
13 Reasons Why (was okay) I didn't realize another season came out maybe that will be on my list but it's just okay.
Kimmy Schmidt (Pushed myself to watch the last season, it got so stupid)
How to Get Away with Murder (Got tired of this after many seasons)
Blacklist (May start up again but also got tired of it)
I tried Nurse Jackie but didn't like it.

I really liked all of the above and if you did too, what would you suggest?

Russian Doll? (This is the girl from Orange is the New Black, correct?)
Schitts Creek?

Thank you all very much!

Last edited:
I have a friend who is a big Downton Abbey fan. I purposely call it Downtown Abbey, and it drives them crazy.

The official trailer of the Downton Abbey movie is finally out. While I did like the series, I was originally hohum about seeing the movie. Now, that I've seen the trailer, I'm in!

@js Schitts Creek is fantastic! It make take 2 or 3 episodes to get pulled in bc the first is kind of chaotic but they are short and it goes fast and it is so worth it!

@js Schitts Creek is fantastic! It make take 2 or 3 episodes to get pulled in bc the first is kind of chaotic but they are short and it goes fast and it is so worth it!

Thank you.

I kept looking at this thread and hoped someone answered before I left work for the gym but that didnt happen lol I started watching Russian Doll and almost done with episode 2. There are only 8 episodes so Ill be done by early next week and start Schitts. Is it funny?

I realized while watching Russian Doll today that I enjoy more of a comedy while rowing and on treadmill and Russian Doll isnt a comedy. The shows I mentioned above that werent comedies, I realized I binged at home with my dh.

Thanks. I will start watching Schitts next week.

Last edited:
I came here looking for a new show to binge at the gym.
For anyone that liked and watched the following, can you tell me what you also enjoyed:

Currently watching and on my last episode of:
Dead to Me
Catastrophe
Orange is the New Black
Frankie and Grace
Ozark
I'm Sorry
You
The Good Place
Girlfriends Guide to Divorce
13 Reasons Why (was okay) I didn't realize another season came out maybe that will be on my list but it's just okay.
Kimmy Schmidt (Pushed myself to watch the last season, it got so stupid)
How to Get Away with Murder (Got tired of this after many seasons)
Blacklist (May start up again but also got tired of it)
I tried Nurse Jackie but didn't like it.

I really liked all of the above and if you did too, what would you suggest?

Russian Doll? (This is the girl from Orange is the New Black, correct?)
Schitts Creek?

Thank you all very much!

Russian Doll is great. It’s deep. Give it a try. Yes same girl.

Russian Doll is great. It’s deep. Give it a try. Yes same girl.

Thanks. Yes, I have about 5 minutes left of the second episode but was done on treadmill and wanted to go home lol. It is a show I think I wont mind watching.

Thanks.

Thank you.

I kept looking at this thread and hoped someone answered before I left work for the gym. I started watching Russian Doll and almost done with episode 2. There are only 8 episodes so Ill be done by early next week and start Schitts. Is it funny?

I realized while watching Russian Doll today that I enjoy more of a comedy while rowing and on treadmill and Russian Doll is t a comedy. The shows I mentioned above that werent comedies, I realized I binged at home with my dh.

Thanks. I will start watching Schitts next week.

It’s very funny and has a lot of heart but not in a sappy way...it’s quite snarky. It’s easily in my 10 favorite shows of all time.

Currently binge watching:
Desperate Housewives
Lucifer
Call the Midwife

On my list to binge:
Dead to me
Larkrise to Candelford

Past binges:
Downton Abbey
Victoria
Poldark
Outlander
The Crown
Gilmore Girls
Big Little Lies
Stranger Things
Grace and Frankie
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

No one's mentioned Killing Eve. I just finished binge watching it and am all caught up. It just won the BAFTAs for TV and Jodie Comer won the BAFTA for Best Actress. Sandra Oh was also nominated for Best Actress. Sandra won the Golden Globe for it. And she was nominated twice for an Emmy for it.

The season finale for Season 2 is this week. It's not the best for straight binge watching. I had to stop for a few weeks after watching several episodes. It's about an MI6 agent chasing a Russian paid assassin and their strange fascination and relationship with each other. It's really violent & gory each week because of the assassinations. Hence, needing a break. But the writing is so good with all the twists & unexpected turns! Well worth watching. popcorn::

The official trailer of the Downton Abbey movie is finally out. While I did like the series, I was originally hohum about seeing the movie. Now, that I've seen the trailer, I'm in!

I cried watching the full trailer. My brother-in-law was obsessed with the show (as am I) and could not wait for the movie, sadly he passed away last month from cancer so my mother-in-law and I have a date to watch it and cry our eyes out in September. (actually I just cried typing that too but moving on)

No one's mentioned Killing Eve. I just finished binge watching it and am all caught up. It just won the BAFTAs for TV and Jodie Comer won the BAFTA for Best Actress. Sandra Oh was also nominated for Best Actress. Sandra won the Golden Globe for it. And she was nominated twice for an Emmy for it.

The season finale for Season 2 is this week. It's not the best for straight binge watching. I had to stop for a few weeks after watching several episodes. It's about an MI6 agent chasing a Russian paid assassin and their strange fascination and relationship with each other. It's really violent & gory each week because of the assassinations. Hence, needing a break. But the writing is so good with all the twists & unexpected turns! Well worth watching. popcorn::

Yes! I’m really enjoying this one also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter