Binge Watching - Hits and Misses

I cried watching the full trailer. My brother-in-law was obsessed with the show (as am I) and could not wait for the movie, sadly he passed away last month from cancer so my mother-in-law and I have a date to watch it and cry our eyes out in September. (actually I just cried typing that too but moving on)

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

Currently watching True Blood. It's kind of campy but good.

Ones I really liked:
The Affair
Homeland
House of Lies
Big Love

I really want to watch The Handmaids Tale and Ozarks, but I don't have Netflix.

Other ones one I really liked from beginning to end:

Big Little Lies (Season 2 is starting soon.)
The West Wing

I came here looking for a new show to binge at the gym.
For anyone that liked and watched the following, can you tell me what you also enjoyed:

Currently watching and on my last episode of:
Dead to Me
Catastrophe
Orange is the New Black
Frankie and Grace
Ozark
I'm Sorry
You
The Good Place
Girlfriends Guide to Divorce
13 Reasons Why (was okay) I didn't realize another season came out maybe that will be on my list but it's just okay.
Kimmy Schmidt (Pushed myself to watch the last season, it got so stupid)
How to Get Away with Murder (Got tired of this after many seasons)
Blacklist (May start up again but also got tired of it)
I tried Nurse Jackie but didn't like it.

I really liked all of the above and if you did too, what would you suggest?

Russian Doll? (This is the girl from Orange is the New Black, correct?)
Schitts Creek?

Thank you all very much!
Based on your list our tastes don't really seem too similar but if you like goofy comedies, The Mindy Project is literally guffaw-out-loud (don't consume beverages while watching) :happytv: The episodes are 30 minutes and there are about a million seasons; I've been watching an episode or two every so often just to kick back for years and I've still got tons to enjoy.

I don't think any of these are on Netflix but if you have Hulu, HBO Archives and/or Amazon Prime some other great ones are:
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (AP)
The Man in High Castle (AP)
Goliath (AP)
Sneaky Pete (AP)
Boss (Hulu)
Six Feet Under (HBO)
Succession (HBO)

Recently binge watched Call the Midwife and now I love it!

Plan on watching VEEP this summer

Previously watched

Big Little Lies
LOST

Based on your list our tastes don't really seem too similar but if you like goofy comedies, The Mindy Project is literally guffaw-out-loud (don't consume beverages while watching) :happytv: The episodes are 30 minutes and there are about a million seasons; I've been watching an episode or two every so often just to kick back for years and I've still got tons to enjoy.

I don't think any of these are on Netflix but if you have Hulu, HBO Archives and/or Amazon Prime some other great ones are:
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (AP)
The Man in High Castle (AP)
Goliath (AP)
Sneaky Pete (AP)
Boss (Hulu)
Six Feet Under (HBO)
Succession (HBO)

Thank you.

I actually did watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Six Feet Under (I watched Six Feet when it was on TV). I'll add them to my initial list. My family watched, at different times, the Man in the High Castle but I think it may be too much for me to watch as I'm exercising. Maybe after Russian Doll and then Schitts, I'll try Sneaky Pete or the Mindy Project. Typing this, I think the Mindy Project has the girl in it from The Office. She annoyed me in The Office, wonder if she acts the same.

Thank you.

I actually did watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Six Feet Under (I watched Six Feet when it was on TV). I'll add them to my initial list. My family watched, at different times, the Man in the High Castle but I think it may be too much for me to watch as I'm exercising. Maybe after Russian Doll and then Schitts, I'll try Sneaky Pete or the Mindy Project. Typing this, I think the Mindy Project has the girl in it from The Office. She annoyed me in The Office, wonder if she acts the same.
Well, the character kind of defies description but the show is :rotfl:ROTFL so maybe don’t be on your bike when you watch ;).

I like Japanese TV shows and I've watched a lot of Terrace House: Opening New Doors and it's a lot of fun to watch! I haven't watched the other Terrace House series yet, but this one has been great so far.

Similar to many reality shows, they have 3 men and 3 women live together to see if there's any chemistry between them, but there's a lot less crazy drama you see in U.S. reality shows.

One part was REALLY heart-warming, about this female hockey player who fell for a half-american model and they had a really cute romance starting out.

She was playing hockey since being small, and sadly her mother died at the skating rink during one of her practices when she was in 5th grade...so she's been doing hockey kind of on her own ever since, as her father runs a noodle shop and doesn't know much about the sport. However she's incredibly talented and has a great spirit.

The girl is so awesome and I was so happy that she found love during the show.

Well, the character kind of defies description but the show is :rotfl:ROTFL so maybe don’t be on your bike when you watch ;).

LOL okay. Ill be done with Russian Doll next week, then Schitts and then Ill try the Mindy Project. Depending on how many seasons Schitts and Mindy has it should get me through most of June Im guessing.

Thanks.

Just finished season one of Northern Rescue today. Really enjoyed it. Figure I'll finish season one of the Society this next week.

I know it doesn't really qualify, but the Animatrix is quite compelling. Each mini-segment is in a different style and format, from CGI to abstract anime.

Big bang theory. My 14 DS got me into it. Never watched on network. Now binging on Netflix. . Looove it.

Big bang theory. My 14 DS got me into it. Never watched on network. Now binging on Netflix. . Looove it.

That's a good one! If you've never seen it before, it's worth a look.

I also like Scrubs, but I feel that went off in later series.

Last edited:
My most favorite binge-watch was "Black Sails" - kinda like a "Game of Thrones" but w/ pirates, & the writing & acting both were exquisite.

I've mentioned this before. One of my all time favorite binge watching shows is: The Great British Baking Show. This show is so much better than the American skill-based competition shows. They believe in the viewers' intelligence, that we want to see a REAL competition with genuine, down to earth people, who have a creative talent. :thumbsup2 They don't cast overly dramatic contestants to keep them around (when they should have been eliminated,) for created drama like Top Chef, and Project Runway. It's simply about the competition and along the way, we get to know each of the contestants and start rooting for our favorites.

It's on Netflix and also on Dailymotion (a French YouTube-type site,) under the show's original British name, "The Great British Bake OFF."

@ronandannette Have you ever seen any episodes of Parenthood?
::yes:: Saw the entire series as it was broadcast. It was good; one of the rare ones that never jumped the shark or fizzled out in the final seasons. I recommend it. Another similar one that's a little older and just a little more melodramatic was Brothers and Sisters. It starred Sally Field, Calista Flockhart and Rob Lowe. We really, really enjoyed it.

I've mentioned this before. One of my all time favorite binge watching shows is: The Great British Baking Show. This show is so much better than the American skill-based competition shows. They believe in the viewers' intelligence, that we want to see a REAL competition with genuine, down to earth people, who have a creative talent. :thumbsup2 They don't cast overly dramatic contestants to keep them around (when they should have been eliminated,) for created drama like Top Chef, and Project Runway. It's simply about the competition and along the way, we get to know each of the contestants and start rooting for our favorites.

It's on Netflix and also on Dailymotion (a French YouTube-type site,) under the show's original British name, "The Great British Bake OFF."
:mad: I would LOVE to see it but it's not available on Canadian Netflix. There is another British show called the Big Family Cooking Showdown that I've seen both seasons of and it's great.

Just rewatched The Walking Dead from the beginning.
Tried Fear the walking Dead but can't get past season 2. Just so boring.
Brickleberry - Hilarious.
Cobra Kai - Season 1 was great. Season 2, not as good.
Ozark - Awesome.
Stranger Things - Good.

Currently making my way through Lucifer. Only almost done with the first season, but I’m really enjoying so far.

Can’t go wrong with binging The Office or Will and Grace. Oh and the Amazing Race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter