Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Look through my Trip Report (link at the bottom). If that is the one you see on DSO then YES it is the most amazing dress. It's a rich velvet and is wide at the bottom. It's one of my favorite dresses ever! One of my friends is listing all of her old dresses on ebay. I think theirs was a 5/6. She had this same one. It was a deluxe dress when it came out in '06. It's not real itchy. My DD wore hers for about 4-5 hours and never mumbled a word. She's usually sensitive to the itchy laces and decorations. The one from Disney is beautiful too but it's not that pretty!

Too funny- I followed the link to your trip report, and noticed that I had actually commented on your daughter's red Belle dress in your TR! I love your trip report- so many pictures. And this thread is fantastic!

Unfortunately, I don't think the dress I see on Disney Shopping is the same one your daughter has. It's on clearance for 19.99, but they only have XXS. I'll watch ebay. DD is 7, turns 9 in October, but she is very tall for her age and will likely need a size 10, since costumes usually run smaller than clothes.

Too funny- I followed the link to your trip report, and noticed that I had actually commented on your daughter's red Belle dress in your TR! I love your trip report- so many pictures. And this thread is fantastic!

Unfortunately, I don't think the dress I see on Disney Shopping is the same one your daughter has. It's on clearance for 19.99, but they only have XXS. I'll watch ebay. DD is 7, turns 9 in October, but she is very tall for her age and will likely need a size 10, since costumes usually run smaller than clothes.

Small World. ;) This costume runs true to size so yeah...get the 10. Good Luck finding it..here's some pixie dust for you! :wizard:

just to let you all know - the OP said that the dresses at Target do not look at all like the dresses you get at the Disney store. Well I got one of the Belle dresses at Target and brought it over to my friends house that has a Belle Dress from the Disney Store. There is absolutely no difference. The tag in my Target BElle Dress is a disney tag. I paid $15.00 compared to $40.00.

just to let you all know - the OP said that the dresses at Target do not look at all like the dresses you get at the Disney store. Well I got one of the Belle dresses at Target and brought it over to my friends house that has a Belle Dress from the Disney Store. There is absolutely no difference. The tag in my Target BElle Dress is a disney tag. I paid $15.00 compared to $40.00.

I've seen the two dresses also and there is a difference. The back of the target dress is open with velcro closures, and the material is different in the back. The disney ones do not have any opening in the back and the dressier material goes all the way around. IMO, the target dresses ARE much cheaper in quality.

Oh my goodness! You were right, The Ariel dress is gorgeous! I think I'm going to have to get it now. I'm going to need a separate suitcase for the gowns I want my DD to wear. ;)

Just a note...the dresses sold at Discount Stores only fit a certain size as well. Usually between 3-5 years old. There's nothing wrong with those dresses if you choose to use one. They're adorable. But they are not made like the ones you buy at WDW or the ones sold at the Disney Store.

And FYI....I only pay 29.99 for my WDW dresses! :) I'm a bargain hunter as well!

Oh my goodness! You were right, The Ariel dress is gorgeous! I think I'm going to have to get it now. I'm going to need a separate suitcase for the gowns I want my DD to wear. ;)

There is nothing wrong with that! Pack her dress up trunk and have a wonderful trip!!! princess:

They grow up way too fast, enjoy it now! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for all your hard work taking pictures for us, OP. Could you please PM me the name of your Ebay seller? I am new to the boards and don't have enough posts to PM you. I have an appointment for my daughter in Sept. and want her to have a dress before then because I know it would take her FOREVER to decide at BBB. :-)

Thanks!

Thanks so much for all your hard work taking pictures for us, OP. Could you please PM me the name of your Ebay seller? I am new to the boards and don't have enough posts to PM you. I have an appointment for my daughter in Sept. and want her to have a dress before then because I know it would take her FOREVER to decide at BBB. :-)

Thanks!

Sent it.

Wanted to let ya'll know I updated the first post. Added pictures of the make-up kit, the Mickey bow, the boys hairstyles, and some pictures of the brochures we were given. If you look you'll see BBB used to start at $35! That was in Summer of '06! Anyway, take another look at that. I also added pictures of the portrait folder too. This is one we were given in Summer of 2006. Enjoy! :lovestruc

Thanks for the PM, here are the three I had up before and of course the video is on my website. I may get some more on here too. Although this snow white scares me a little.
Shoot9.jpg
Shoot16.jpg
Cindy8.jpg
Snow5.jpg

Thanks so much for the PM. DD decided she wants to be Alice this year. Though my favorite costumes are the Aurora, Belle and Jasmine. I like this years costumes overall much better. I have photos from BBB in Magic Kingdom to post. This costume was the Tink from Disney with the light up wings. DD chose the fairytale princess for her makeover.

e6ee365a.jpg

050713a9.jpg

f3993d56.jpg

a4ca0143.jpg

41305289.jpg

22d3045e.jpg

c9f7de32.jpg

1de2b298.jpg

b325e865.jpg

I am so sad. I don't think these dresses look as nice as the ones in the past. Last year we purchased my 2 yo twin girls Cinderella dresses from WDW and they are now 3 and wear them daily. I so wanted the Snow White dress while we were there but they didn't have it in their size. I DROOLED over that dress and absolutely loved it. the new one doesn't look as nice, nor does the tinker belle or Belle. We are going in Sept. Any hopes that we may be able to purchase the old style then?

We've had pictures made of the whole family at DTD before. You should not have a problem having her picture made....if you go when it's "slow" it's better! They'll take more pictures then. :thumbsup2 (At least this has been my personal experience)

Since your daughter has the new dresses does she find that they are "less" itchy?? My daughter has a couple of the old dresses and she usually complains that they hurt?

Thanks for the PM, here are the three I had up before and of course the video is on my website. I may get some more on here too. Although this snow white scares me a little.
Shoot9.jpg
Shoot16.jpg
Cindy8.jpg
Snow5.jpg

Beautiful pictures! I agree, that Snow White looks a little unusual. :rotfl2: She looks frightened ~ as if she realized she just bit into a poisonous apple!

I need to check out your video! Is it easy to upload?

I am so sad. I don't think these dresses look as nice as the ones in the past. Last year we purchased my 2 yo twin girls Cinderella dresses from WDW and they are now 3 and wear them daily. I so wanted the Snow White dress while we were there but they didn't have it in their size. I DROOLED over that dress and absolutely loved it. the new one doesn't look as nice, nor does the tinker belle or Belle. We are going in Sept. Any hopes that we may be able to purchase the old style then?

They are not as full at the bottom (well, Ariel is made like last years) and they aren't as close to the actual costumes the characters wear in the parks! That's what I LOVED about the older styles. The Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, and Jasmine looked a lot likethe ones you saw on the characters! Not exactly but close. The new ones have more decoration on them (the glitter coaches, etc.) Personally I prefer the simple style that looks just like the characters wear in the parks.

The new Ariel looks a lot like the one she wears at PSB. If you liked the older styles you all might love this one. The lady I know might still have the older styles. I can ask her.

Since your daughter has the new dresses does she find that they are "less" itchy?? My daughter has a couple of the old dresses and she usually complains that they hurt?

She said Ariel was itchy on the chest and arms, and complained of Snow White's arms and the Tink costume as I put it on but not after. Her favorites this round were Belle and Aurora to "wear all day". She says Ariel is one of her "favorites" too so the itch she got over pretty fast! You can always add a s/s T shirt under the top as well. The best costumes with NO itch at all are Alice and Minie. Those are made like real dresses. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter