Be uncool! Report them!

I care deeply about people dying.
I care deeply about the 3.3 mm newly unemployed.
I care deeply about the economy.

However, I care deeply-er about our fundamental Constitutional Rights.
Why am I getting the sneaking suspicion that the strength of your opinion does not match your knowledge of the subject? Maybe it's because you don't explain your CR argument and that you have several posts on this thread that try to make light of a serious issue using 'humor' that fails to be actually funny or clever. But go ahead and offer me another knee-slapper. I could use a good laugh since none of your other posts did the trick.

I made a quick Sam's run (still no TP or cleaning wipes) and was frustrated with a 20 something guy. He got his receipt and then moved 2 feet away from the end of the checkout and stopped to check his email. I asked him to move further and was given the stink eye. It's easy to keep social distance is everyone does it - too bad these 'adults' won't help out.

Do you want people “telling” on you for speeding? What about the little lie you told on your tax return? What about the stop sign you just creeped through? Maybe the little piece of paper you through out your car window?
It is rare for someone to "tell on you" for speeding because no cop can give you a ticket based only on that.

But people can and do complain about speeders in their neighborhood so they set up a speed trap and the next time you do it you can be given a ticket. I accept that, and if I speed it's my own fault if I am fined.

And once I saw shockingly dangerous driving that I reported immediately to the police. A car tore off at a high rate of speed around a corner with tires screeching and got onto a freeway entrance. I called the police so that maybe, just maybe, I could prevent a tragedy. Wouldn't you?

I don't lie on my tax return nor to my employer, nor to my family members or friends.

And most important of all, I do not litter! In fact, I sometimes pick up other people's litter, but not so much at the moment. For obvious reasons.

I made a quick Sam's run (still no TP or cleaning wipes) and was frustrated with a 20 something guy. He got his receipt and then moved 2 feet away from the end of the checkout and stopped to check his email. I asked him to move further and was given the stink eye. It's easy to keep social distance is everyone does it - too bad these 'adults' won't help out.
20-something is no longer considered adult. The goalposts have been moved. Or just dismantled altogether.

Dang I have the opposite issue. The adults who won't help maintain distance whenever I've needed to be out and about (especially the grocery store) are generally the ones most at risk with getting complications (those considered older adults according to the CDC). Your comment does remind me though about all the posts though mainly the news articles about the "millennials" being out at the beach for spring break..too bad they really meant Gen Z :lmao: Us darn Millennials still getting blamed for it all.

I'll be a minority and think you were fine to do what you did, @Farro. I don't think people who don't live in cities understand how valuable our green spaces are. If people are misusing them and we lose them, we don't have many options left. I wonder how many people here thinking you're a narc have their own yard?

I'll be a minority and think you were fine to do what you did, @Farro. I don't think people who don't live in cities understand how valuable our green spaces are. If people are misusing them and we lose them, we don't have many options left. I wonder how many people here thinking you're a narc have their own yard?

And our cases are doubling each day here. It's scary.

Luckily we are supposed to have crappy weather through the weekend! :)

Thank you!

And our cases are doubling each day here. It's scary.

Luckily we are supposed to have crappy weather through the weekend! :)

Thank you!

We are supposed to have a rainy weekend too! It might be the perfect time stick a hat on and go for a walk while everyone else is inside!

In a few days, we will have had more cases than China. Just amazing.

Yet, half the country is still not in a shutdown. I guess they’re waiting until the US is clearly winning the race because we just can’t be beat in ANYthing.

Wow, I miscalculated. The US blew right through my projection from just yesterday.
We are now #1! USA. USA. USA. Winning.

(from worldometers)
According to JHU site, the estimates have us about 1k behind still, but that should show us at the top by the end of the day as well.

A local lab just set up drive through testing in my area yesterday, and out of about 200 tested so far, 45 came back positive. So, A LOT of people around here with flu symptoms were COVID-19 positive.

Here’s a Spanish government handout from last week (so total numbers are lower) that shows the age distribution in Spain. Infections is biased towards older age, but notice, no age group is immune.

Just to back from Home Depot and noticed more than three people in the same aisle. Well I marched right up to the manager and gave him a piece of my mind.

Wow, I miscalculated. The US blew right through my projection from just yesterday.
We are now #1! USA. USA. USA. Winning.

(from worldometers)
View attachment 483526
According to JHU site, the estimates have us about 1k behind still, but that should show us at the top by the end of the day as well.

A local lab just set up drive through testing in my area yesterday, and out of about 200 tested so far, 45 came back positive. So, A LOT of people around here with flu symptoms were COVID-19 positive.

Here’s a Spanish government handout from last week (so total numbers are lower) that shows the age distribution in Spain. Infections is biased towards older age, but notice, no age group is immune.
View attachment 483530
We're about to get 50,000 test kits for the metro. I expect our cases to rise..simply..due to testing :)

I remember reading focusing on the numbers and only that..it's not advisable.

Finally though my state released some information about how many tests they were doing. For the number driven folks as of mid-day today there are 168 positives with 3 deaths (so far all 3 were 70s) included in that number. Of the 168 positives 111 were tested via private labs with 57 done by the state's lab. The number of negative test results are 2,869. But again not everyone is being tested, and drive thrus are newer here so I expect our numbers to rise.

We're about to get 50,000 test kits for the metro. I expect our cases to rise..simply..due to testing :)

I remember reading focusing on the numbers and only that..it's not advisable.

Finally though my state released some information about how many tests they were doing. For the number driven folks as of mid-day today there are 168 positives with 3 deaths (so far all 3 were 70s) included in that number. Of the 168 positives 111 were tested via private labs with 57 done by the state's lab. The number of negative test results are 2,869. But again not everyone is being tested, and drive thrus are newer here so I expect our numbers to rise.

Of course, there’s a lot more to it than just confirmed case count, such as who you’re testing and how many tests are out there, etc. But you can’t also just ignore that raw number.

A good barometer would be the count of hospitalized and deceased. So, far neither is letting up, and we have yet to see the outcomes as new case count is just a leading indicator. We have to forecast at least 1 to 2 weeks.

Of course, there’s a lot more to it than just confirmed case count, such as who you’re testing and how many tests are out there, etc. But you can’t also just ignore that raw number.

A good barometer would be the count of hospitalized and deceased. So, far neither is letting up, and we have yet to see the outcomes as new case count is just a leading indicator. We have to forecast at least 1 to 2 weeks.
My reference to numbers is because some people only focus on that. Like the next state over from me has over 500 cases they also have more drive thru testing facilities and they have a population a little more than double of mine. Hearing numbers and just numbers tends to lead people down just one path. It's just something to keep in mind when tracking. The U.S. as a whole has kinda sucked on the testing scale so yes a surge in cases and large community spread is a big part of our situation but so is keeping in the back of our minds regarding testing.

I don't agree about the hospitalization. My state is only testing those who are hospitalized (lack of test kits and prevalence of community spread once it stopped being a travel-related situation). That's way skewing the data. It's the drive-thru testing that is allowing those not hospitalized to get tested. Now with these test kits coming I hope at least more drive thrus will open up to help out.

That's not to say I don't understand your point about forecasting. They estimated that by the end of March we would have 300-400 cases in my state. The key is not to confuse that to mean there's a whole bunch of new cases croping up; some absolutely totally will, and some will be from people who were showing symptoms last week, 10 days ago, tested 5 days ago, etc and those are important for forecasting too.

It will be interesting to see if the stay at home order done here before the expected peak in our area reasonably can be said it helped out. Only time and research after all of this can help shed light on that.

Have you cross referenced the numbers with the population? There are more people in the NY metro area than all but six or so states.
I know. I should have included a smilie. I was only half serious.

So NY gets half the blame. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter