Be uncool! Report them!

Farro

Argh.
(posted in another thread by me)

You know... people suck.

We went for a walk, just the two of us. Saw a lot of people walking, but everyone keeping their social distance. Then we get to the park near a high school. 20-30 guys playing flag football. We have a Shelter in Place currently happening.

It just really pissed me off, so I called 311 first who told me to call 911 as they are taking these complaints. 911 said they were getting calls from all over the city about people ignoring the rules and are sending out cars to break it up. Mayor Lightfoot is going to end up closing all the parks and our lakefront due to these clowns.

But anyways, be uncool, call the cops or 311 (whatever your non-emergency number you are supposed to call) if you see large groups congregating and you are in a city not allowing it!!! :)

The sooner we all comply the sooner this will be over!!!

https://chicago.suntimes.com/corona...nt-shutdown-close-lightfoot-social-distancing

Last edited:
What’s that new word... covidiot
Sad that some will once again ruin it for all

Ignorance is Bliss... until that bliss brings it home to their loved one and they re the first to shout about how unfair Life is.
Yes... covidiots!

Ok Karen.

And I need someone to explain to me "The sooner we all comply the sooner this will be all over!" I've seen it also on Facebook and I don't think that's correct. The virus will just resurge once we go about our business. Staying at home *does* spread out the infection rate, which reduces or prevents the hospital surge, though. So we literally could be doing this off and on for months.

We need 80% immune I believe to make the virus "go away". So we either achieve that by infecting more people or by creating a vaccine.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

oh my god you called me Karen!!! I took a screenshot and sent to all my friends!

We're dying about it over here, thank you!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

At our small, local, two-checkout-lane grocery store, they've moved to just having one lane and having people wait before entering the little aisle it is in so we maintain the recommended 6 foot distance. Makes sense to me, but apparently the 3 covidiots (love that term!) behind me either couldn't read the signs or didn't care. They started to crowd in behind us: I glared and asked them to not get so close. Barely restrained myself from telling them off. I did tell my daughter to get in front of me so that she was not right next to the stupid guy that was about a foot behind her. Why are so many people not getting that you just need to keep some distance? It's easy!

We had this issue the first week of lockdown (ds17 was guilty of joining the masses on the soccer fields and basketball courts until I caught him). The police taped what couldn’t be locked and the cops patrolled the parks and kicked them out. Unseasonable warm weather didn’t help the situation.

I totally disagree with calling 911 to report people in a park.

Well I called the non-emergency number and they said those calls now go to 911 so they can send out a car.

I'm nothing if not obedient. :tilt:

And furthermore ;) ...if we are going to do something like shelter in place then everyone has to comply or it won't work.
And then I don't want to hear people crying that they are so anxious and worried about covid, yet then have no issue with people not doing what we are supposed to be doing.
Everything is closed, jobs gone, so we can keep the elderly and people with underlying illnesses safe, slow the spread, yada yada yada....hey let's all go hang out together in the park.

Morons.

Last edited:
I agree. If you see someone obviously violating the measures put in place due to Covid-19, turn them in. For some people, this is the only way they are going to learn. The biggest issue to me are the big gatherings, whether it’s someone throwing a party, or a bunch of people playing sports together. I would report those for sure, using whatever phone number I am directed to use.

Obviously, what is against the rules in one area may not be against the rules in another, so it’s important to keep up with what is going on in your specific area. For example, two neighboring counties have stay at home mandates going into effect tomorrow and my county doesn’t yet because we still don’t have a lot of cases. While I may choose to behave as though we also have those restrictions (because I think we should, since a lot of people in my county work in the more restrictive counties and likely have been exposed), I don’t have the right to hassle someone who is complying with the rules our county has in place, because they aren’t doing anything wrong.

I agree. If you see someone obviously violating the measures put in place due to Covid-19, turn them in. For some people, this is the only way they are going to learn. The biggest issue to me are the big gatherings, whether it’s someone throwing a party, or a bunch of people playing sports together. I would report those for sure, using whatever phone number I am directed to use.

Obviously, what is against the rules in one area may not be against the rules in another, so it’s important to keep up with what is going on in your specific area. For example, two neighboring counties have stay at home mandates going into effect tomorrow and my county doesn’t yet because we still don’t have a lot of cases. While I may choose to behave as though we also have those restrictions (because I think we should, since a lot of people in my county work in the more restrictive counties and likely have been exposed), I don’t have the right to hassle someone who is complying with the rules our county has in place, because they aren’t doing anything wrong.

Absolutely!

We are in Chicago - not allowed! She's going to close the parks/trails/lakefront because of selfish people.
Now if the police catch you, you get a warning, second time you get $500 misdemeanor citation.

And it's Chicago, they will collect it. ;)

Talked to my sister today. She was on her way to the second grocery store, because they need eggs and the first store she tried was out. She was going to go to Trader Joe's while she was out, just to see if there was anything new. I suggested she put eggs on a grocery list and wait until she could do a full grocery shopping, once, instead of troll around to "wherever." This is the same sister who complains that people don't keep the 6' distance, who calls every couple of days to get me to talk her down- she's in a panic, she can't control her anxiety, we're gonna be doing this for years. Yeah, maybe, if people don't stay home.

Our local police are getting so many of these calls that they posted to social media to tell people to Stop. Freaking. Calling. I get that it is well-intentioned, really I do, and I'm sure there are no busybodies on the DIS that would call on people doing things that are within the bounds of their local lockdown orders ;), but this whole narc-on-your-neighbor movement is getting ridiculous in towns like mine where being up in other people's business is everyone's second-favorite indoor sport. I've seen pictures shaming people for taking a walk with the family, for three brothers playing basketball in their own driveway, and all sorts of other things. I'm not sure anyone actually read the stay at home order; they just heard stay at home and assumed we aren't to set foot off of our own property for any reason.

Our local police are getting so many of these calls that they posted to social media to tell people to Stop. Freaking. Calling. I get that it is well-intentioned, really I do, and I'm sure there are no busybodies on the DIS that would call on people doing things that are within the bounds of their local lockdown orders ;), but this whole narc-on-your-neighbor movement is getting ridiculous in towns like mine where being up in other people's business is everyone's second-favorite indoor sport. I've seen pictures shaming people for taking a walk with the family, for three brothers playing basketball in their own driveway, and all sorts of other things. I'm not sure anyone actually read the stay at home order; they just heard stay at home and assumed we aren't to set foot off of our own property for any reason.

Well, that's not what I did so I don't feel bad for your criticism?

I'm glad so many people in Chicago are narcing on these jerks still playing soccer, basketball, whatever in the parks. Their idiocy is now going to get everything closed for the rest of us. I mean they just had a press conference about it today, warning people to stop with the big gatherings and these selfish, self-centered losers still did it. These weren't kids.

I've never called 911 before and I always assumed they make you leave your name if you are reporting something, but they don't. Who knew...

Last edited:
Talked to my sister today. She was on her way to the second grocery store, because they need eggs and the first store she tried was out. She was going to go to Trader Joe's while she was out, just to see if there was anything new. I suggested she put eggs on a grocery list and wait until she could do a full grocery shopping, once, instead of troll around to "wherever." This is the same sister who complains that people don't keep the 6' distance, who calls every couple of days to get me to talk her down- she's in a panic, she can't control her anxiety, we're gonna be doing this for years. Yeah, maybe, if people don't stay home.

our governor (Louisiana) told people to stop going to multiple grocery stores in one day. It’s crazy that he had to be that specific!

our governor (Louisiana) told people to stop going to multiple grocery stores in one day. It’s crazy that he had to be that specific!
I hope the stores there are better stocked than the one I shop in. What choice does a person have if they have a family and the store is empty? Mine got emptier and emptier the last three times I went, and I haven’t been back for a week because I don’t see putting myself at risk to come home empty handed. I am just rationing what I have and trying to stretch three weeks of food to six weeks. The last time I went, all of the perimeter was empty. No frozen, no dairy, no meat, very little produce, no canned goods, no pasta, beans, or rice, no soup, no bread or buns or bagels. I am glad I don’t have to worry about feeding anyone but me. It’s one thing if they are going to multiple stores because they’re picky. It’s something else entirely if they can’t find enough food to eat.

I hope the stores there are better stocked than the one I shop in. What choice does a person have if they have a family and the store is empty? Mine got emptier and emptier the last three times I went, and I haven’t been back for a week because I don’t see putting myself at risk to come home empty handed. I am just rationing what I have and trying to stretch three weeks of food to six weeks. The last time I went, all of the perimeter was empty. No frozen, no dairy, no meat, very little produce, no canned goods, no pasta, beans, or rice, no soup, no bread or buns or bagels. I am glad I don’t have to worry about feeding anyone but me. It’s one thing if they are going to multiple stores because they’re picky. It’s something else entirely if they can’t find enough food to eat.

we don’t have a big problem with stores being stocked here. At least not in my area. I made a Walmart order for pickup yesterday and the only things I couldn’t get were eggs and butter.

He was not out of line for saying it. People I know say the parking lots are jammed full at every store. one store near me now has a limit of 40 customers at one time. People are acting crazy.

I worry about my friend whose daughter has severe allergy to sesame. They have to be real careful what they buy because sesame is #6 on allergy list which means in US they don't need to list if products are made in sesame safe environment. Now he is having tough time finding usual products. He isn't sure if she is over it it goes back and forth when she goes in to get tested. Sometimes she reacts badly to prong test other times not as bad.

I refuse to report people for congregating. REFUSE. This is still America,

You don't have to. :)

I don't feel bad about it. The longer people keep ignoring the rules, the longer we have to quaratine/lockdown and the longer people are out of work.

In fact, I'm mounting a video camera on my car and tomorrow I'm going to drive around town filming everyone with 911 on speed dial. 😏

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!