Be Our Guest: Yay or Nay?

I felt that BOG was the hands down worst dining experience at WDW. We were served in the Rose Gallery which was so dark that I couldn't see anything and the intermittent lightning storm didn't do anything to enhance the experience. The food we had was cold and bland and could only be described as cafeteria food. I went in 2019, at the time we scheduled a breakfast timeslot so we could be in the park earlier and the experience was so slow we lost any advantage gained by being in the park. Avoid at all costs.

Before the fixed prices, we used to always try to go here for lunch on our first day of parks. Loved the french onion soup and the roast beef sandwich. But now with the fixed price, I will pass. I don't think it is worth a $250+ meal for our family.

Im with you the food was good when i was there. My daughter got the allergy free desert, and it was fun gor her. Like a painters palet.
Curious about the allergy friendly dessert. I see gray stuff. That’s my daughter’s whole reason for wanting to go. Any chance you know if it is tree nut safe?

Curious about the allergy friendly dessert. I see gray stuff. That’s my daughter’s whole reason for wanting to go. Any chance you know if it is tree nut safe?
The desert my daughter had was the tree nut safe one. So it wasnt the normal gray stuff desert. It may have had the gray stuff on the side of the plate if you look an the picture I posted. Just a fyi, when we went a few years back a lot of the places, bakery, cupcakes, may not have had tree nuts but they were stored next to and trasnsported with stuff that did. So they wouldn't sell it to you. The backery next to frozen in epcott had 0 options for a walk in guest. So, call ahead always, and make sure. Even last month getting ice cream in france took a bit because we just walked in. The workers didnt know and handed me a sheet of what had what in it, then i had to tell them to wash the scooper before using it. You know, as well as I everything is listed as having tree nuts now. So its not easy. We brought snacks. And always ask if you had the tree nut free stuff. If at a restaurant it should have a flag identifying it as an allergy free meal, if not , tell them and make sure. Have fun and explaine to the kido that they cant get everything they see before hand. That would have saved me 2 years ago.

To add, the menus have a section for allergies also, tree nuts isnt listed on the be our guest one. We were given the white chocolate chip cup. Screenshot_20211124-082918_Samsung Internet.jpg

If breakfast comes back: yes
I sadly never tried lunch prior to prix fixe and I’m saddened by that. Hope it returns to its original state soon.
My family and I are the opposites of most in dinner: we LOVED the original menu. Prix fixe was nothing to write home about

To add, the menus have a section for allergies also, tree nuts isnt listed on the be our guest one. We were given the white chocolate chip cup. View attachment 625452
I thought that meant it wasn’t safe for tree nut allergies?

We are doing a sit down at MK that day no matter what. I’m only stalking BOG for the opportunity to have the gray stuff per DD’s request. Special Diets gave me the “our vendors change all the time so we can’t tell you anything” answer when I inquired. Very frustrating.
We have LTT reserved right now but she can’t eat the toffee cake so I’m looking for a new plan.
Allergies suck. Thank you for sharing the info. It’s very helpful.

We are doing a sit down at MK that day no matter what. I’m only stalking BOG for the opportunity to have the gray stuff per DD’s request. Special Diets gave me the “our vendors change all the time so we can’t tell you anything” answer when I inquired. Very frustrating.
We have LTT reserved right now but she can’t eat the toffee cake so I’m looking for a new plan.
If you look tree nuts aren't listed anywhere on the BOG deserts, so they probably forgot to add it, or the reguler desert dosent have tree nuts. On other menues the normal deserts are usally listed if they are allergy free. So i think they just forgot to add it. But , like i said, they gave us the special one in the picture for the tree nut allergy. Also, make sure the people understand, tree nut, not peanut. Mostly this is why we brought our own food a few weeks ago, it was easier for us and wasted less time. We eat out a few times, but if it wasnt scedualed ahead of time, they had to call a chef and it took time. So, we did some food and wine stations, at epcot, waited in line for food that looked like it was tree nut free, then asked. They called the cheif, that took 10 mins before they would give us the food. So maybe 15 to 20 mins of waiting for a fast meal to make sure it was ok to eat. Plus some of the venders had tree nuts listed in some dishes, we just skipped those entirely. Have fun on the trip and be safe.

If you look tree nuts aren't listed anywhere on the BOG deserts, so they probably forgot to add it, or the reguler desert dosent have tree nuts. On other menues the normal deserts are usally listed if they are allergy free. So i think they just forgot to add it. But , like i said, they gave us the special one in the picture for the tree nut allergy. Also, make sure the people understand, tree nut, not peanut. Mostly this is why we brought our own food a few weeks ago, it was easier for us and wasted less time. We eat out a few times, but if it wasnt scedualed ahead of time, they had to call a chef and it took time. So, we did some food and wine stations, at epcot, waited in line for food that looked like it was tree nut free, then asked. They called the cheif, that took 10 mins before they would give us the food. So maybe 15 to 20 mins of waiting for a fast meal to make sure it was ok to eat. Plus some of the venders had tree nuts listed in some dishes, we just skipped those entirely. Have fun on the trip and be safe.
Thanks!!

I have read about Be Our Guest and from what I have read about it is that it is disappointing. I mean if you're a diehard Beauty And The Beast fan it may be worth it but if you are willing to try it go ahead. I also find it shocking that the only character that appears there is The Beast only for dinner and for the price Be Our Guest should add more Beauty And The Beast characters to Be Our Guest for a character breakfast such as Belle and Gaston not just The Beast

Any tips on snagging a reservation? I currently has a CRT reservation, but would really prefer BOG. Should I just keep checking randomly? I know they already charged me for CRT, but I assume they'd just transfer the charge...

However, it looks like people prefer CRT on this thread...

I think it depends. We loved BOG back before it went prix fixe, but our last meal there (prix fix in 2019) was a bit disappointing. Still, the ambiance is amazing so if you haven't been before and can afford to pay the premium, I'd say it's worth it just for the fun of being inside.

It's been 2 years since we dined there. It was prix-fixe and our food was very good (current reviews have not been as good). We've been in the main room (very loud) and the side room, never the Rose Gallery which is very dark. Enjoyed the side room much more. Enjoyed getting our photo with the beast after our meal, sadly that isn't being done currently. Hopefully, they bring it back.

Sadly, I think MK is a tale of the overrated and overpriced when it comes to the character restaurants. I LOVED the BOG breakfast pre-Covid, but since reopening I’ve gone for dinner and was underwhelmed. Also, when the Beast came through he just walked by. It wasn’t even like the other modified character meals where they pause by each table. He walked by super quickly and was super blurry in all my photos. With that being said, I’ve eaten at CRT twice since reopening, also one breakfast and one dinner, and didn’t feel the food was worth the price there either. Cinderella was great when she came out, and I’ve heard that in the past week or so they changed it so you go take pics with her after your meal. I’m not sure how that’s working or if it’s better. But my opinion for what it’s worth is that for both of these restaurants, you’re paying for the experience, not a good meal. The other MK table service restaurants are better, and some of the restaurants at the hotels in walking distance/on the loop are even better yet. If you’re looking for a good meal AND characters/vibe, consider taking the boat to Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge.

We have eaten at BOG in both quick service (2018 and 2019) and prix fixe (2021) iterations, and the current price of BOG and quality of food you get for that price is abysmal. If seeing The Beast is a big reason for going, you better be quick and hope you don't get seated in the West Wing, because you will barely see him and your pictures will not turn out well.

It really depends on your budget. Before the installation of the prix fixe menu, I'd say yes, absolutely, it's worth the experience. However, considering the hefty price tag, I can't say in good faith that it's worth the cost, especially considering you're immediately heading over to a dessert party afterward. If experiencing the Beast's castle is important to you, though, and you've saved up a fair amount of money intended to be spent solely on food, then sure, go for it. Otherwise, your money would be better spent elsewhere (in my opinion alone).

We did a BOG dinner at 6:15 (it’s a must do for us; steakhouse71 on second MK day) and a dessert after party (fireworks at 8 pm). I would caution against eating at 6 pm (they took 45 mins to sit us down-we checked in 20 mins early to try to get seated early). We ate quickly and asked for the vegan dessert to be packed up (skipped the rest). We checked in to the dessert after party around 7:40 pm. Our son only ate strawberries from the dessert party allergy plate and finished BOG dessert. The desserts at the party were too sweet. We didn’t eat much and had one drink each, but the view was great even though we entered late (20 mins before fireworks).

We didn’t know that the time in-between fireworks and few mins before park close can be used to ride a few rides before heading to the desert party. We have the same combo booked again for Spring break but we have 3 hrs between fireworks and dinner (dessert after party).

If you’re going during a busy time And don’t want to wait an hour and a half shoulder to shoulder with people, then I would keep the reservation. In the past we’ve waited in the hub and had a descent view lining up 40 mins before. This time it seemed so tightly packed and a bad view for small kids.

That said, no one in our party wants to repeat the dessert party. I will be watching some spring break reviews before I cancel. I wish they would just put the fireworks as a LLIA$ option.

Last edited:
We did a BOG dinner at 6:15 (it’s a must do for us; steakhouse71 on second MK day) and a dessert after party (fireworks at 8 pm). I would caution against eating at 6 pm (they took 45 mins to sit us down-we checked in 20 mins early to try to get seated early). We ate quickly and asked for the vegan dessert to be packed up (skipped the rest). We checked in to the dessert after party around 7:40 pm. Our son only ate strawberries from the dessert party allergy plate and finished BOG dessert. The desserts at the party were too sweet. We didn’t eat much and had one drink each, but the view was great even though we entered late (20 mins before fireworks).

We didn’t know that the time in-between fireworks and few mins before park close can be used to ride a few rides before heading to the desert party. We have the same combo booked again for Spring break but we have 3 hrs between fireworks and dinner (dessert after party).

If you’re going during a busy time And don’t want to wait an hour and a half shoulder to shoulder with people, then I would keep the reservation. In the past we’ve waited in the hub and had a descent view lining up 40 mins before. This time it seemed so tightly packed and a bad view for small kids.

That said, no one in our party wants to repeat the dessert party. I will be watching some spring break reviews before I cancel. I wish they would just put the fireworks as a LLIA$ option.
I agree with this. I really want the preferred fireworks viewing spot, but I have no interest in the desserts.

What allergies does your DD have? Our son has milk, egg, cashews, kiwi and sesame. They gave him a vegan dessert which was delicious (I’d rather have that vs the overly sweet trio). Note: 2021 the vegan creme brûlée was not offered (hopefully they bring it back).

https://vegandisneyfood.com/vegan-lemon-curd-cake-at-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-the-magic-kingdom/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter