Be Our Guest: Yay or Nay?

It’s worth it for adults. Three courses, having the filet or lamb, and you can get a bottle of wine. Maybe not so much if your kid picks the Mac and cheese for $40. We go every trip. I’ll seond what the other poster said about the ballroom. It is loud in there and we generally prefer a side room.

We ate there 10/5 before Boo Bash. It was my first time for dinner. I thought it was good . Got the salad and filet. Dessert trio was just ok.

We all enjoyed it. We were seated in the ballroom.

Food was good. I got the escargot and the...duck? Pork chops? It was a few years ago. Either way, it was good lol.

Our waitress was good. We didn't feel rushed. We got to walk around and take photos of the other rooms.

I think the food is subpar but the drinks aren’t too bad. Desserts are good.
I would go if your big B&tB fans otherwise it’s one you can skip if you park time is important. ADRs typically take 90-120 mins and that is a lot out of a 12 hour park day.

The only item there that we liked is the grey stuff cupcake. I'm serious. All the other food was just pedestrian. So much so that I'm just not going to book it next time. So many better options in the park. The last time we ate there they forgot to bring that cupcake and I was NOT leaving w/o it. We asked 3 different ppl to bring it. Half an 40 minutes after that first ask we STILL hadn't gotten it. A manager finally came to us and I was annoyed at this point. He got it himself.

With the price fix, thereis NO WAY I'll be booking it. Nothing chaps me more than paying premium for average or poor food. Disney has much better options now and I'm not playing that game anymore.

A different perspective: We've done WDW many, many times. With little kids, with big kids, without kids. I have NEVER regretted anything we DID. I have regretted what we didn't do. We are rarely on vacation. We spend most of our time working-earning money.
I have never said "remember that time we didn't eat in the Beast's Castle and instead saved $300. That was great". I have never taken a picture of my money.
But, I remember the ONE time I ate dinner with my boys in the Beast's Castle-and so do they.

We have always enjoyed dinner at BOG. We will be there next month and are looking forward to it.

If you've never done it before I would say "go ahead" as the theming and food together would be worth it. However I'm in the camp that - for me - it's not worth a return trip at the current pricing level. When I dine at the World it's either for the food or the experience, and I've already done the experience at this location multiple times before. It's time for others to enjoy it.

I wish they'd bring breakfast back. I love the experience, not thrilled with the current menu or prices.

Part of the problem when breakfast was offered was people using it a way to 'game' the park opening time. They were already near one end of the park near a popular ride which people figured out gave them an advantage over everyone else. That is at least part of the reason they stopped breakfast and now only offer a pricey fixed menu. I think some restaurants are destinations people want to see/experience, so having pricey/fixed menus cuts down on those who only order a drink or dessert just for the 'experience'. Has been the topic of discussion on other threads. If a park restaurant offers breakfast, Disney should probably not allow those people park access until it opens for everyone else.

Part of the problem when breakfast was offered was people using it a way to 'game' the park opening time. They were already near one end of the park near a popular ride which people figured out gave them an advantage over everyone else. That is at least part of the reason they stopped breakfast and now only offer a pricey fixed menu. I think some restaurants are destinations people want to see/experience, so having pricey/fixed menus cuts down on those who only order a drink or dessert just for the 'experience'. Has been the topic of discussion on other threads. If a park restaurant offers breakfast, Disney should probably not allow those people park access until it opens for everyone else.
Yeah I'm happy with pre fixe breakfast. I'd never waste my time making a reservation and showing up for a cupcake. I just think the current menu is unappealing and would like another option.

Can only speak for Pre-Covid:
Breakfast - if prepark-opening than yay, food was okay (normal cs-quality) but riding 7DMT without the RD-stress make it worth it. Lunch - nay, wasn't impressed from the food. Dinner - yay, absolutely, delicious food, great service, great atmosphere and of course M&G with Beast

I am not thrilled about going to BOG but the wife and kids are -- that is what is most important. We snagged a lunch reservation for our trip that is coming up very soon. $300+ for lunch is a little much. lol Anyways, the experience is what we are paying for I guess. We did Royal Table (decent) and Akerhaus (bad) and that was a lot of money too. This thread makes me a feel a little better about the choice since we have never been to BOG yet. Thanks.

I have been twice post/during COVID and it has been worth it for me and DD (9 years old). Love it.

Do you think or feel its worth it? What do you use/value to determine worth? Is there really time between the two items? Does it make you feel stressed to have both? Their both priced on experience and demand, rather than food. You will never eat that many desserts. Disney is not your friend. If they were they would not be doing an array of things that negatively impact guest (i.e., limit food choices, reduced park hours to spin it back as extended hours/30min , tracking you during your Disney Vacation, selling you things that use to be free (there are many), etc.). Pick one and don't feel guilty as one is enough for the evening or keep both and know you did it for the experience...at least once.

I am currently holding a Be Our Guest dining reservations for 4:50 before our 6:30pm Desserts/Fireworks Pre-Party. Honestly, is BOG worth the price tag? We have 3 people who are 10+ and one younger kid. The combo of both is one expensive block of 3 hours but am happy to pay if it is worth the experience. (We are doing the dessert party no matter what) Otherwise we will do a less expensive table service so spend probably half the amount on dinner. You guys have been so helpful thus far so I’m back for more help, LOL.
I've been to BOG twice in the last few years--once before and once after the pre-fix menu. Both experiences weren't great.
While the inside is beautiful to look at, it's packed, noisy, and has a general sense of choas. The last time my family went, we waited for at least an hour to get in, even when we arrived before our reservation time.
Also, both meals were pretty lackluster. Not only was the food a low quality, but the servers brought some of my family members items they did not order.
If you want a great meal, head over to the Contemporary and dine at Steakhouse 71--what was formerly the Wave. I haven't eaten there yet myself, but the Wave was my favorite restaurant before they reopened and I have heard very postive reviews so far. The staff--if they retained the original cooks and servers--are as amazing as the food.

I am currently holding a Be Our Guest dining reservations for 4:50 before our 6:30pm Desserts/Fireworks Pre-Party. Honestly, is BOG worth the price tag? We have 3 people who are 10+ and one younger kid. The combo of both is one expensive block of 3 hours but am happy to pay if it is worth the experience. (We are doing the dessert party no matter what) Otherwise we will do a less expensive table service so spend probably half the amount on dinner. You guys have been so helpful thus far so I’m back for more help, LOL.
I've been to BOG twice in the last few years--once before and once after the pre-fix menu. Both experiences weren't great.
While the inside is beautiful to look at, it's packed, noisy, and has a general sense of choas. The last time my family went, we waited for at least an hour to get in, even when we arrived before our reservation time.
Also, both meals were pretty lackluster. Not only was the food a low quality, but the servers brought some of my family members items they did not order.
If you want a great meal, head over to the Contemporary and dine at Steakhouse 71--what was formerly the Wave. I haven't eaten there yet myself, but the Wave was my favorite restaurant before they reopened and I have heard very postive reviews so far. The staff--if they retained the original cooks and servers--are as amazing as the food.

I have been to this one and I have loved it.You might not get to see the beast a lot but it is exciting.

I think it worth doing it once, that being said we have been to dinner there 5 times. My family enjoys it. The food is good, but not worth the price. The service has always been good when we went. Seeing the beast and the castle is pretty great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter