Be Our Guest: Yay or Nay?

alisen96

Earning My Ears
I am currently holding a Be Our Guest dining reservations for 4:50 before our 6:30pm Desserts/Fireworks Pre-Party. Honestly, is BOG worth the price tag? We have 3 people who are 10+ and one younger kid. The combo of both is one expensive block of 3 hours but am happy to pay if it is worth the experience. (We are doing the dessert party no matter what) Otherwise we will do a less expensive table service so spend probably half the amount on dinner. You guys have been so helpful thus far so I’m back for more help, LOL.

I enjoy BOG. I think the food is worth the price and the service has always been good. We haven't ever sat in the Ballroom because I don't like the noise level.

I am currently holding a Be Our Guest dining reservations for 4:50 before our 6:30pm Desserts/Fireworks Pre-Party. Honestly, is BOG worth the price tag? We have 3 people who are 10+ and one younger kid. The combo of both is one expensive block of 3 hours but am happy to pay if it is worth the experience. (We are doing the dessert party no matter what) Otherwise we will do a less expensive table service so spend probably half the amount on dinner. You guys have been so helpful thus far so I’m back for more help, LOL.

There are some reviews up on You Tube, one of my favorite couples "Traveling around Disney" did a review a month or so ago. They enjoyed it a lot.
I haven't been in years, but would like to give it a try for dinner.

I enjoyed it pre covid, but you got to take pictures with the beast. The food was good, deserts good and i liked looking around. Now i dont know how or if they do the meet and greet with beast, or let you walk around.

Everybody talks about the poor quality of food at BOG, but we were there 2 weeks ago, and we all thought almost all of the food was excellent. We loved the ambiance of the ballroom as well, and toured the rest of the restaurant - lots of fun. Getting another ADR there will be one of my top priories for our next trip.

However, we actually did the same thing as the OP's plan with a dessert party, and kind of regretted it. BOG res at 4:10, then dessert pre-party at 6:30. We were stuffed for the dessert party and made it kind of not worth it as far as the dessert part - but IMO the dessert parties are only worth it for the reserved fireworks spot, because the cheap, mostly-pudding-based desserts aren't worth much.

Im with you the food was good when i was there. My daughter got the allergy free desert, and it was fun gor her. Like a painters palet.

Attachments

• 20191105_191506.jpg
    20191105_191506.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191105_193133.jpg
    20191105_193133.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 41
Everybody talks about the poor quality of food at BOG, but we were there 2 weeks ago, and we all thought almost all of the food was excellent. We loved the ambiance of the ballroom as well, and toured the rest of the restaurant - lots of fun. Getting another ADR there will be one of my top priories for our next trip.

However, we actually did the same thing as the OP's plan with a dessert party, and kind of regretted it. BOG res at 4:10, then dessert pre-party at 6:30. We were stuffed for the dessert party and made it kind of not worth it as far as the dessert part - but IMO the dessert parties are only worth it for the reserved fireworks spot, because the cheap, mostly-pudding-based desserts aren't worth much.

aren’t there chocolate covered strawberries?

We ate lunch there a couple of years ago with the old menu and were totally unimpressed. It was an odd hodge/podge of QS & TS and we found the food very average. Apparently some are impressed by the decor/setting, but it honestly wasn't anywhere we would ever eat again. Be sure to check the Disney website for the latest menu. It is now a fixed price/limited menu so make sure they serve things you like. Adult price is $62 for either lunch or dinner.

Its a nay for me.
I enjoyed the quick service lunch but now with the prix fixe lunch and dinner and the fact that the menu looks terrible in my opinion I won't be dining there again.
It was nice while it lasted for me.

And seriously why eat a full meal with dessert included when you're going to a dessert party practically the minute you leave???

Eat a lighter dinner.
In fact I'd eat something quick service.
Then you can really enjoy the dessert party.

aren’t there chocolate covered strawberries?
Yes, and I think I remember a couple of cookies, too. But from what I remember, there was about 6 or 7 different desserts, and 3 of them were pudding, and one was cake layered with custard (aka pudding).

Its a nay for me.
I enjoyed the quick service lunch but now with the prix fixe lunch and dinner and the fact that the menu looks terrible in my opinion I won't be dining there again.
It was nice while it lasted for me.

And seriously why eat a full meal with dessert included when you're going to a dessert party practically the minute you leave???

Eat a lighter dinner.
In fact I'd eat something quick service.
Then you can really enjoy the dessert party.

I'm not the OP but in my case we did BOG then the dessert party right after - because we had planned the dessert party in advance, then TP res finder got us a reservation at the time right before. We knew it wasn't ideal, but we really wanted BOG and it was the only ADR we had been offered so we took it. And we were glad we did because BOG was great, and the reserved fireworks spot made the dessert party worth it. Granted, I'm not really a dessert guy, though...

BOG is a good deal if you eat the Filet or the Lamb Chops, both are very good as well. We eat at BOG every time we go to WDW and have always had good meals there and the restaurant is grand. We go for 20+ days per year typically, so we have eaten a few meals at WDW and it's worth it IOO.

I'm not the OP but in my case we did BOG then the dessert party right after - because we had planned the dessert party in advance, then TP res finder got us a reservation at the time right before. We knew it wasn't ideal, but we really wanted BOG and it was the only ADR we had been offered so we took it. And we were glad we did because BOG was great, and the reserved fireworks spot made the dessert party worth it. Granted, I'm not really a dessert guy, though...

Yes, sometimes you just have to take what you can get when it pops up, especially if the timing would work with plans for the day. We are there the week of Christmas so dining reservations are already tough to come by. Thanks for your feedback!

Also, we aren’t attending the dessert party for the desserts (well my kids might disagree, LOL). It is to be able to end what will hopefully be a magical day with a nice view of the fireworks without the hassle of trying to secure a spot. Some others mentioned the same thing.

There are some reviews up on You Tube, one of my favorite couples "Traveling around Disney" did a review a month or so ago. They enjoyed it a lot.
I haven't been in years, but would like to give it a try for dinner.
Thank you! I watched and that was helpful. Appreciate it!

Lots of mixed reviews, which is often the case when it comes to food quality. Different strokes and so on. For us, the food quality has deteriorated a lot since it first opened. It's unfortunate. However, if you have never been, then it is a Disney must-do in my opinion. The experience alone is well worth exploring (be sure to walk around each room no matter where you are seated) and it's not like the food is horrible. It's just not nearly as good as it used to be, as they have changed the menu and format several times since it opened (and not for the better for our tastes).

While we love BOG, (the filet mignon is delicious!), it's a lot of food. I wouldn't do it before a dessert party though. I know you say you're not doing the dessert party for the food, but I'd want to get my money's worth and BOG leaves us stuffed, especially after eating 3 small desserts. Someone will end up with an upset stomach from overeating if you do both BOG and the dessert party in the same day. Personally, I'd do a light counter service meal before or eat a late lunch.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter