Be Our Guest: Yay or Nay?

It's been 2 years since we dined there. It was prix-fixe and our food was very good (current reviews have not been as good). We've been in the main room (very loud) and the side room, never the Rose Gallery which is very dark. Enjoyed the side room much more. Enjoyed getting our photo with the beast after our meal, sadly that isn't being done currently. Hopefully, they bring it back.

Can you chose which area you want to dine in or is it randomly assigned?

Can you chose which area you want to dine in or is it randomly assigned?
Not sure currently. Our last trip, when we checked in, we asked to sit in the side room. We were told OK, but we might have to wait longer for a table to open up. We were fine with that.

I think it depends. We loved BOG back before it went prix fixe, but our last meal there (prix fix in 2019) was a bit disappointing. Still, the ambiance is amazing so if you haven't been before and can afford to pay the premium, I'd say it's worth it just for the fun of being inside.
Bingo! One and done. Was a lot better before Price Fixe.

I hope they bring back breakfast and the open lunch (not price fixe). It was a nice place to go for those meals and not too expensive. Dinner before price fixe was not as good, but much, much cheaper.

Not sure currently. Our last trip, when we checked in, we asked to sit in the side room. We were told OK, but we might have to wait longer for a table to open up. We were fine with that.

Thanks! Just have to snag the actual reservation first :) haha

We celebrate our wedding anniversary every year at BOG, preferably an early lunch. We like the menu options and have always had great service. We do try to avoid the West Wing or at least a table that is not near the rose. Too much guest traffic taking pictures.

I am currently holding a Be Our Guest dining reservations for 4:50 before our 6:30pm Desserts/Fireworks Pre-Party. Honestly, is BOG worth the price tag? We have 3 people who are 10+ and one younger kid. The combo of both is one expensive block of 3 hours but am happy to pay if it is worth the experience. (We are doing the dessert party no matter what) Otherwise we will do a less expensive table service so spend probably half the amount on dinner. You guys have been so helpful thus far so I’m back for more help, LOL.
Nay. Just did it. They opened a connected dining room where you don’t even get to experience the ambiance. And I never get the appeal of these high end Disney restaurants. I just dropped $450 at Space for lunch. I also just went to Four Seasons Chicago and it was a way more amazing meal for $350. I’m glad over the years they have better food at Disney, but I’ll take a lobster roll at Harbor House and spend my $450 for dinner next time I’m in Manhattan.

Just got back from WDW and we managed to get lunch there last minute. It was the highlight of the trip as we have some big Belle fans (group of 7, all adults with 1 teen) and half the group had never dined inside the castle before. We were seated in the West Wing, and while it was a bit dark for my liking, it was much quieter than the ballroom. Our server was FANTASTIC and very knowledgeable. We all enjoyed our meal immensely. Most of our table got the filet or the scallops. I personally find much of the food options at MK to be lacking so I was pleasantly surprised. While pricey, it was actually worth it for our family. The Beast came in a few times for a quick wave, but mostly we enjoyed having a nice sit down meal with family with really good food. My teenage DD has already requested that we try to eat there again for the next meal as she really enjoyed her filet - and she's typically not a steak eater and a pretty picky kid. I also enjoyed my wine flight. :-)

Nay. Just did it. They opened a connected dining room where you don’t even get to experience the ambiance. And I never get the appeal of these high end Disney restaurants. I just dropped $450 at Space for lunch. I also just went to Four Seasons Chicago and it was a way more amazing meal for $350. I’m glad over the years they have better food at Disney, but I’ll take a lobster roll at Harbor House and spend my $450 for dinner next time I’m in Manhattan.
Well, to be fair, paying more at a "fancy" WDW restaurant compared to a fancy "regular" restaurant is no different than buying a unique and well-aged beer at a craft brewery for $8, vs a Bud Light at a NFL game for $14.

We love it, but they took our "fishbowl" !!! LOL--- Ok, little explanation--- "BoG" has been a must for us since they opened-- I liked it better before the Price Fixe, but we still love it---

So, we went on 2/25, (we always request a table by the back windows to watch the "snowfall") --- we usually have to wait a bit longer, but its worth it-

So, the party next to us had these really cute glasses with light up ice cubes--- so, of course, my kids wanted them--- $15 - ok-- expected--- turns out that the ice cubes have an imprint with 20,000 leagues (because thats what used to be there, our server explained) -- the plastic glasses were cute-- look like the ones you would put a goldfish in. So, we finish eating, and the kids finish the drinks, and we dry the "glasses" and the cubes, and get ready to leave. Of course I had to make a stop at the restroom... when I came out, the "fishbowls" were gone. DD tells me that one of the CMs went over to her, and nicely told her that "sorry, you cant leave with the fishbowl". LOL--- really, they are keeping plastic glasses ??!! LOL - Needless to say, the "fishbowl" became a talking point of the rest of the trip... along with "Dad, did you really need to go to the bathroom?!!!"

100% worth it especially if you have kids or simply love beauty and the beast. The meal is very good and the overall experience is excellent.

I wouldn’t eat a 3 course meal right before the dessert party. I haven’t been to Be Our Guest in a while, but it was definitely not worth the price for me.

We love it, but they took our "fishbowl" !!! LOL--- Ok, little explanation--- "BoG" has been a must for us since they opened-- I liked it better before the Price Fixe, but we still love it---

So, we went on 2/25, (we always request a table by the back windows to watch the "snowfall") --- we usually have to wait a bit longer, but its worth it-

So, the party next to us had these really cute glasses with light up ice cubes--- so, of course, my kids wanted them--- $15 - ok-- expected--- turns out that the ice cubes have an imprint with 20,000 leagues (because thats what used to be there, our server explained) -- the plastic glasses were cute-- look like the ones you would put a goldfish in. So, we finish eating, and the kids finish the drinks, and we dry the "glasses" and the cubes, and get ready to leave. Of course I had to make a stop at the restroom... when I came out, the "fishbowls" were gone. DD tells me that one of the CMs went over to her, and nicely told her that "sorry, you cant leave with the fishbowl". LOL--- really, they are keeping plastic glasses ??!! LOL - Needless to say, the "fishbowl" became a talking point of the rest of the trip... along with "Dad, did you really need to go to the bathroom?!!!"
We just came back and were told we could keep the fishbowl cup! It says souvenir cup in the description and our waitress had also reminded us that we could take the cup and ice cube.

I would say Yay if you never been there before... The first time we went it was great not so much a year later when they changed things around... Food is ok there not great not terrible

I snagged an early dinner reservation the first night of our trip! Really looking forward to the experience! :cool1:

We just came back and were told we could keep the fishbowl cup! It says souvenir cup in the description and our waitress had also reminded us that we could take the cup and ice cube.

See, I knew I should have gone back !!!

It was great value at lunch when it was a QS meal. Now not so much in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter