Avatars Reverted to Old / Pre-new Boards?

I just checked my post from Monday (which had 32 photos in it), and I can see them. Can you guys view the photos? - http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...i-november-13th.3358217/page-65#post-54377987.

However, when I look at this post from one of the people in my thread - http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...i-november-13th.3358217/page-68#post-54404817 - I cannot see her photos at all. I saw them when she first posted them earlier today (they are of Frozen Fun and Olaf's Snow Fest), but as soon as my avatar went wonky I could no longer view her photos or her avatar.

Additionally, someone else in my thread said they CAN view the photos in the above link, and they can view her avatar too... but I can't!!! Not only that, but that person can view my NEW avatar (a purple one) -- the one I switched to when we switched to the new platform this year -- and she can not see the avatar that I see right now (which is my older one from last year, with Mickey Mouse). Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh.

How is it that some of us can see some things and other people cannot, and they can see things that we can't see?

I can definitely see them Sherry. :)

My avatar went retro yesterday but I just uploaded the one I wanted again.

My avatar disappeared completely this morning and it wouldn't let me upload it again, so I chose a new one. Low and behold, I just signed back in and my old one is back. o_O

@Sherry E I can see your photos on that link. I see a purple avatar.

I also can now see all the photos I posted (both the drag and drop ones and the "upload a file" ones. EDIT: spoke too soon. All the photos I've posted on the DCL picture of the day thread have reappeared, but the photos I replaced on another thread (original ones were drag and drop, replaced using "upload a file") are now missing.

I can see (here on a specific thread) my current avatar, but on the main page (where all the threads are listed) I still see my old avatar (the little one indicating that I've posted on that thread).

Just curious - what avatar do you see of mine? The one with Shmoo wearing a crown, or the one with Shmoo surrounded by hearts?

Last edited:

OK, now this is just getting weird. I clicked "reload" on my computer while on one of the main pages, and my little avatar (the one indicating that I've posted on that thread) is now the correct (newer one). BUT, the other avatars (well the ones of people I know) on the main page are still their old ones. And, if you click on the "old" avatar the window opens displaying their "new" avatar.

:confused3

As I am posting in this thread -- this was my first stop as soon as I signed in -- I can see my purple, new avatar again. This was not the case last night. PrincessShmoo -- I see a different avatar for you now than what I saw last night. Right now I see a mostly white and off white avatar (except for the crown), but last night I think the avatar was more pink? And it was a different image.

Now I have to see if I can view that other person's photos in my thread, which some people were able to see last night and some were not.

Still have a bunch of missing pictures (mine) on the DCL picture of the day thread. I really don't want to have to go back and repost them.:sad2:

Just thought I'd check something out.

I primarily use Chrome, which is where all the picture/avatar issues are manifesting themselves.

Now on IE (Windows 7), and everything LOOKS fine here. All pictures, avatars everything is where it's supposed to be. BUT, DISboards is running r-e-a-l slow. More than r-e-a-l slow, glacially slow. Page loading taking up to 30-45 seconds. Even typing this post is slow.

Last edited:
OK, now on Windows 10 (Edge) and all the avatars/pictures seem to be correct. But, like IE, the boards are running a little slow. Just a little, however, not glacially, like on IE.

OK, now on Windows 10 (Edge) and all the avatars/pictures seem to be correct. But, like IE, the boards are running a little slow. Just a little, however, not glacially, like on IE.

Pretty sure it's browser independent ... unless things look OK on Edge and Chrome which I believe use similar type engines.

This appears to be an issue on the server side for the DIS webmaster to figure out. When it appears things are running OK, your browser cache may store the avatars. Things looked good for me on Firefox and IE11, and then I cleared my cache and the avatar problem came back.

Don't know what's going on, but it doesn't appear to be anything that can be fixed on our side.

Pretty sure it's browser independent ... unless things look OK on Edge and Chrome which I believe use similar type engines.

This appears to be an issue on the server side for the DIS webmaster to figure out. When it appears things are running OK, your browser cache may store the avatars. Things looked good for me on Firefox and IE11, and then I cleared my cache and the avatar problem came back.

Don't know what's going on, but it doesn't appear to be anything that can be fixed on our side.
I don't get all that technical stuff :rolleyes:, but I was trying to help by using the various different configurations I have available to give the webmasters some info that may (or may not) help.

I don't get all that technical stuff :rolleyes:, but I was trying to help by using the various different configurations I have available to give the webmasters some info that may (or may not) help.

I hear ya ... I can't figure out a pattern yet so I've sort of thrown my hands up. I can tell you it's not just the avatars. For example I can't see the 'rolleyes' emoticon you put in the above post. Yet other emoticons in other posts do show. If I click on the 'smiles' button used during posting some show and some don't.

Maybe that'll help track down the issue ??

OK, I give up, too.

Went to IE and cleared my cache/temp files/cookies.

Then went to Chrome and did the same.

Now, it appears that my avatar issues are resolved (but I withhold saying that for sure til tomorrow at least). Don't know about my missing photos, I'll have to go check those out.

EDIT: as far as I can tell, the pictures I've posted are all there. I checked ones I know were missing earlier, and they are there, as well as a couple I posted today. The first of which disappeared and I re-posted it, the second remained.

Last edited:
Since yesterday, 9/11, there are many photos on a variety of threads, as well as many avatars [mine included] that no longer appear. My photos seem to be OK [uploaded from TinyPic]. I am using Windows 8, and the problem appears with both Chrome, and Firefox. It doesn't work in IE either.

OK, I give up, too.

Went to IE and cleared my cache/temp files/cookies.

Then went to Chrome and did the same.

Now, it appears that my avatar issues are resolved (but I withhold saying that for sure til tomorrow at least). Don't know about my missing photos, I'll have to go check those out.

EDIT: as far as I can tell, the pictures I've posted are all there. I checked ones I know were missing earlier, and they are there, as well as a couple I posted today. The first of which disappeared and I re-posted it, the second remained.

Shmoo, I can see some of your pictures and not others. All the ones I can't see are essentially *.jpg files. I do see your avatar of Al Capp's giving creature surrounded by hearts.

Sigh. My newer avatar (the purple one that everyone else could see) had returned yesterday, so that I could see it... and now it's back to my old avatar again. The old one is the one I can view, and there are some avatars belonging to other people that I can't see, along with smilies and certain photos.

PrincessShmoo -- Your avatar (the one I can view) is back to the pink one again, but yesterday I was looking at the whitish/off-white one.

I am on Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11. Sometimes I switch to Firefox, but I usually use IE11.

Is anyone going to fix this problem, I wonder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter