Avatars Reverted to Old / Pre-new Boards?

My avatar has switched to a broken image as well whether I'm logged in or not. I've only ever had one so I have no old one to revert to.

I see an avatar for you. It's a Mickey Marathon one.

That's the right one but for me it is just a white box with the broken image icon in the top left.

ETA: It's back for me now too. While mine was gone I was able to see most people's but every once in a while I saw one that looked like mine, the empty box with a broken image icon.

Last edited:
Starting today, I am unable to see any photos posted this week. When I try to click to make them show up, I get an error message. I can see older photos. There was one in the MNSSHP thread tonight that I can't see and another poster said they couldn't see, but a third poster commented it was a cute photo so that person could see it.

Same here. I get the broken image icon and if I click on it, I get a Disboard Error about not being able to find the file.

I've seen others mentioning the same thing in the MNSSHP threads...about not being able to view the pics being posted.

This is true on Safari (on my ipad), on Chrome, Firefox, and IE on my laptop (Windows 7) AND on my PC (Windows 8).

Movies/video files seem to work just fine. I saw someone mention a contest...while it's a pain in the Mickey ears...you could have them turn that pic into a slideshow and upload as a video. See if that works.

I really haven't had time to check for a pattern, but it would be interesting to see if the image issues occur over the same time intervals from day to day. Wondering if it's a file server going down somewhere at regular intervals?

I really haven't had time to check for a pattern, but it would be interesting to see if the image issues occur over the same time intervals from day to day. Wondering if it's a file server going down somewhere at regular intervals?
I am not a techy-type person, but I just wish it could be fixed. Soon.

AAGGHH! I thought my avatar had gone into the "Memory Dump". Come on DIS pull us through the "recall tube"!!!

I had not noticed the attachment issue was brought up here, i am having the same issue and just now noticed that my avatar is now the smaller version from the old boards.

I am STILL not able to see some of the pictures, as well as the avatars.
Are you not seeing the photos posted on the DCL picture of the day thread? I've noticed that, when some one posts a picture that's using a photo-hosting site, those usually I have no problem with. But the ones that seem to be directly downloaded to the thread (maybe those are "attachments"?) don't show up. Until I've turned off my computer and then turned it back on and then gone to the thread.

Of course, 4 days ago, I cleared all my cookies and cache (is that the same thing?) on both Chrome and IE. Since then, it seems that I can see most avatars (although I know at least one is an old one), but mine is the correct one.

Are you not seeing the photos posted on the DCL picture of the day thread? I've noticed that, when some one posts a picture that's using a photo-hosting site, those usually I have no problem with. But the ones that seem to be directly downloaded to the thread (maybe those are "attachments"?) don't show up. Until I've turned off my computer and then turned it back on and then gone to the thread.

Of course, 4 days ago, I cleared all my cookies and cache (is that the same thing?) on both Chrome and IE. Since then, it seems that I can see most avatars (although I know at least one is an old one), but mine is the correct one.

Hi Shmoo
I've cleaned my cache/cookies in all browsers, turned my machine off/on numerous time. What I don't see right now is MY avatar and yours is the "heart" one. There are some posts wherethere is no avatar, but the picture is there. And some where there is an avatar but no picture [eg. on the DCL Picture of the Day thread, I see your 'heart" avatar, but no picture]. I don't know if DIS changed/upgraded their system, but whatever happened it seems to be a problem that is taking a long time to fix. I feel sorry for the posters who made the effort to post pictures, and then not have them seen by the rest/some/most of us.

are there any answers to fixing this? or just wait it out and hope for the best? ive searched a lot for an answer and I can't find one, just lots of people having these issues.

Hey, everyone!

Please hang in there - we know there's an issue with photos and we're working on getting to the bottom of it.

It's been a busy week around here with getting ready for the New England DIS Meet so once everyone is back from that, we'll hopefully be able to get to the bottom of what's causing the trouble with photos.

We really appreciate your patience!

Hey, everyone!

Please hang in there - we know there's an issue with photos and we're working on getting to the bottom of it.

It's been a busy week around here with getting ready for the New England DIS Meet so once everyone is back from that, we'll hopefully be able to get to the bottom of what's causing the trouble with photos.

We really appreciate your patience!
Thanks for the confirmation that someone is aware and working on the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter