Avatars Reverted to Old / Pre-new Boards?

cglaura

DIS Veteran
There was a post on the community board about avatars changing back to old. Mine did too, just posting here in case the admins didn't know!

Now I can see some, and not others, like mine. Started like that this morning, fixed, and now it's gone again.

This is my old avie and photos I posted in other threads are broken links.

Mine has been back for a while too, but someone on a cell said they couldn't see it.

OK, now my avatar is acting up. Not the one I see when I look at a thread, or the one on the top of the page when I hover over my username. That one is current.

But on the main pages (where all the threads are listed in each forum), the little avatar that indicates that I posted on that thread is a really old avatar. Not the one that I had when we made the switch to the new boards (that one was the same as the one I currently use). But it's the one I had before that one (on the old boards).

And it just happened in the last 5 minutes.

I now have my old, pre-Xenforo avatar, and the new one disappeared. I haven't checked to see if any of my photos are missing or if they are showing up.

I now have my old, pre-Xenforo avatar, and the new one disappeared. I haven't checked to see if any of my photos are missing or if they are showing up.
A bunch of photos that I have posted in the last few days have disappeared. These are ones that I've used the "drag and drop" method of posting, not the "upload a file".

A bunch of photos that I have posted in the last few days have disappeared. These are ones that I've used the "drag and drop" method of posting, not the "upload a file".

I haven't posted any photos since Monday (and those were through the regular copying and pasting of the IMG codes from Photoucket), so I will check those! I noticed that someone else's photos were suddenly not showing up in one of my threads, so I am inclined to think the photos I posted on Monday might now show either. I am afraid to look. Hopefully none of them are messed up.

I noticed that one of the little smilies in my signature is now broken/not showing. It was the "sunny" emoticon. It seemed to disappear when the avatar switched.

Let me go check those photos that I posted on Monday, in hopes that they are okay.

I haven't posted any photos since Monday (and those were through the regular copying and pasting of the IMG codes from Photoucket), so I will check those! I noticed that someone else's photos were suddenly not showing up in one of my threads, so I am inclined to think the photos I posted on Monday might now show either. I am afraid to look. Hopefully none of them are messed up.

I noticed that one of the little smilies in my signature is now broken/not showing. It was the "sunny" emoticon. It seemed to disappear when the avatar switched.

Let me go check those photos that I posted on Monday, in hopes that they are okay.
Well all the little images I have in my signature are still there. Those I used a photo hosting site (tinypic) for.

I went back to a couple of photos I posted (drag and drop) and they're gone. So I edited my post and posted them again using "upload a file" and, so far, they are still there.

Arrrgh! I hate to think I'm going to have to go back and "fix" all the photos I've posted on the DCL picture of the day thread!. Not to mention all the photos I've posted answering questions.

I really liked the drag and drop ease of posting photos, but if it's going to be a mess, I guess I'll stop.

Well all the little images I have in my signature are still there. Those I used a photo hosting site (tinypic) for.

I went back to a couple of photos I posted (drag and drop) and they're gone. So I edited my post and posted them again using "upload a file" and, so far, they are still there.

Arrrgh! I hate to think I'm going to have to go back and "fix" all the photos I've posted on the DCL picture of the day thread!. Not to mention all the photos I've posted answering questions.

I really liked the drag and drop ease of posting photos, but if it's going to be a mess, I guess I'll stop.

I just checked my post from Monday (which had 32 photos in it), and I can see them. Can you guys view the photos? - http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...i-november-13th.3358217/page-65#post-54377987.

However, when I look at this post from one of the people in my thread - http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...i-november-13th.3358217/page-68#post-54404817 - I cannot see her photos at all. I saw them when she first posted them earlier today (they are of Frozen Fun and Olaf's Snow Fest), but as soon as my avatar went wonky I could no longer view her photos or her avatar.

Additionally, someone else in my thread said they CAN view the photos in the above link, and they can view her avatar too... but I can't!!! Not only that, but that person can view my NEW avatar (a purple one) -- the one I switched to when we switched to the new platform this year -- and she can not see the avatar that I see right now (which is my older one from last year, with Mickey Mouse). Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh.

How is it that some of us can see some things and other people cannot, and they can see things that we can't see?

I am seeing all kinds of people's avatars that have gone back to their original ones. What the heck is going on?

Mine reverted back to my old one, which is fine, but it doesn't look the same as it did before. It was animated and fit in the space; not all stretched out and pixelated like it is now. Can anyone fix it for me? Thx.

In just one of my threads alone, each one of us can see certain things and can't see other things. One person can't see her photos, but can see her avatar. Others of us cannot see her photos or avatar. Other people can see both her avatar and her photos. Everyone seems to be able to see my avatar -- but they see my new one, while I can only see my old one. One person saw my old avatar earlier and now is able to see my new one even though I can only see my old one. I see that person's NEW avatar inside the thread, but I see that person's old avatar on the main page of the forum. :lmao:

What happened? Oh, tech wizards, where art thou?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter