At a buffet, do you ever think to yourself "PIG"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dyna said:
It's funny sometimes to walk by a buffet line and say YOU all look like a bunch of pigs at the trough tho. Females usually hates the comment males laugh. By the way I do wear a friendly smile when I say it and mean it in a good not in a bad way.

Maybe I have a poor sense of humor, but I don't think there's a "good" way to say that statement at all... :worried:

kyirish25 said:
I'm too busy making a "pig" of myself to worry about what others are doing.

Same here. What if we looked at the Op and thought something not so nice :eek:

I am compulsive about certain foods "touching" each other,so I make multiple trips to get different things but only 1-2 things each time.This doesn't count trips for my kids either

irishbosoxfan said:
People like the Op make me mad!-There I said it--I mean honestly whose place it to think anything about someone they don't know or maybe "think" they know--My mom is a big lady not in thanks to her appetite but because of having thyroid disease--and because of this and ppl like the Op she hates going to a buffet restaurants

I don't know how many times we have gone to a buffet and theres always some smart*ss there to make some sort of crude comment----and for those who do dont think the person doesnt know--the snickering and nudging your buddies at the table and the little chin lift that says "check that out" is a dead give away.

To Each Is Own---If you dont want to see someone make more than one trip to the buffet ask for a table where you dont have to see it but dont sit there and ruin someone elses night out because your parents didnt teach you respect or manners

Yep. :worship:

I think if you post something that it's something you think about-To look at the Op's pic she's not that sizeable of a woman--It may be about her wondering if ppl think that of her when they see her at a buffet--But to generalize and trivialize such a thing....I'm the kind of person that if I see something like that I am vocal-I don't believe anyone should be made to be uncomfortable for doing something that they paid to do and something that everyone else in the room is doing!

I don't think I'm going to pay what is it, $30 (or more) for buffet and leave hungry because someone might be counting my trips to the buffet line. :rotfl: That's not going to happen.

I go to the buffet as many times as I want!! And I don't give it a second thought! For Pete's sake! I don't care what people think. I'm decidedly and happily oblivious. :) I go for my kids multiple times, and for myself. I too, get only small portions because I like to "try" some things and I don't want to waste something if I don't like it. Then I'll go back and get more if I do like it. LOL.

I don't notice how many times other people go to the buffet line. I enjoy eating with my friends and family too much to care about things that don't concern me. Life's too short to worry about how many times a stranger goes to the buffet line. Why would you want to? :confused3

In fact, I don't care if they have to roll me out of there. :rotfl:

See how happy I am. :rotfl:

Truthfully, the only time I might think someone was piggish is if I saw them making a mess or sticking their hands in the food, etc.

Anyone, male, female or anything else doesn't matter, could go up 5, 10, 20 or 100 times and as long as they were neat, I wouldn't care- in fact I can't remember ever noticing! They paid and they should enjoy themselves.

I would hate to have people watching me and being judgmental, especially if I were going up to get a plate for my older aunt, or my boyfriend or one of my nephews.

MQuara said:
#1 I try my hardest to not be judgemental of others. Like most I am not always successful but I certainly make huge efforts to be understanding and not look for the negative.

#2 While on vacation I focus on myself and my family. Unless it was somebody I was eating with, there's no way I would want or would need to know how many times anybody else in the restaurant got up for a plate a food.

#3 I honestly hope there aren't people on here that go to buffets and keep track of what other people are eating and then make snap judgements about that person.

Well put!!

If people took a lot on their plates and didn't eat it it would bother me as a waste of food. I try not to take any more food than will be eaten.
Otherwise i mind my own business at Buffets.

jann1033 said:
personally i didn't take the op as meaning she necessarily did think that way, she was asking what others felt,,maybe she is self conscious about going up herself or just purely wondered, so no real need to be irate ( sou-i sou-i oink oink:rotfl: :rotfl: )

That was how I took it too, and why I came in to read. I am a large woman, I can sit in a regular size seat but need plus size pants if that gives you a better picture. And I always feel like a pig at buffets. I feel like people do see a "fat" person going to the buffet and think thinks like "oh no, I better get mine before the fat lady eats it all." No one has said anything to me about pigs at a trough or they would have had the wonderful feeling of having made a grown woman cry. (why would anyone think that was funny?) Want to be ticked off be ticked off at that comment not at the OP until we know the intent of the original question.

If I was standing at a buffet, and someone made a comment about "pigs at a trough," I would definitely cry.

Even if you don't mean that to be mean, please rethink making that joke again. If anyone standing there (male, female, fat or thin) has body image issues, you're going to ruin their day at Disney World.

I'm a bigger person. Even when I'm at my lowest -- and correct -- weight, I'm still plus size. I've spent my whole life comparing myself to my china doll friends and feeling a like a big oafish peasant.

I HATE eating at buffets because I feel like people look at me and think, "Well, she's here for her daily side of beef." Disney is the only place where I'll eat at a buffet. I always hope people are having too much fun there to think, "PIG."

I have to say that the OP is sort of confirming my worst fears about people.
I'd like to think she posted this because she was feeling self conscious, not because she wanted to hear stories about how gross other people are.

I have made pig out myself when I went to a buffet one time. I ate 12 plates of food at the buffet. That was because could not eat solid food for 2 weeks because i am all 4 of my wisdom teeth decide come in all at once. Chicken broth get old after while when hungry. I did get talk about like a dog by the people around that was eating. They thought I was homeless person that got some money up to eat there.

Intriguing question? I have never noticed how many times people go up to the buffet. I can admit myself though to being a PIG. I confess I am a complete salad bar PIG. :goodvibes I LOVE salad bars and can go up multiply times. My best friend thinks I am a nut for wasting time at the 'salad bar' of all things at a buffet.

jann1033 said:
personally i didn't take the op as meaning she necessarily did think that way, she was asking what others felt,,maybe she is self conscious about going up herself or just purely wondered, so no real need to be irate ( sou-i sou-i oink oink:rotfl: :rotfl: )

That was what I thought (hoped), too.
At Disney, I can hardly keep track of how many plates I've had, much less anyone else! :rotfl:

I can go to the buffet line 10 times and still never be full. I bet out of ten trips, at least 9 of the plates will be divvied up by my kids (and possibly my husband) leaving me with a little taste of this or that.

If anyone thinks I'm a pig, that's THEIR problem, not mine. If they have an issue with how many times I go to the buffet, THEY can get the plates for my kids.

I definitely think that to myself...about myself, and DH :rotfl2: right before I grab dessert.

I think the pigs in at trough/buffet analogy is pretty common, as someone i know said it at a dinner we were at one time( had she not said it at the dinner table through a mouth full of food it would have made a better impression :teeth: but i digress)
i agree it's mean, rude and uncalled for. and, uh hum, if you are saying that about those in the line you just went through you must consider yourself one to.

i normally steer clear from buffets due to the numbers who have contact with your food before you get it but really wonder why people are so determined to be rude to total strangers anywhere and how they justify it to themselves. and about the fluffy ones who figure people are thinking they are pigs, it is so true that weight is the last thing it is acceptable to make fun of people for, people who would never make an ethnic or racial joke have no problem doing it to/about someone they consider overweight.( just read one of the ecv threads sometime if you don't believe it ..according to some if you are disabled and overweight you don't belong in this world evidently) i guess you have to just figure they are ignorant fools just like racists are. sad sad state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter