At a buffet, do you ever think to yourself "PIG"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pinseeker11 said:
I go lots of times because I am one of those picky eaters that doesnt like their food to touch!!!

Great minds think alike!!!!!!

:thumbsup2

Personally, I agree with many on this thread...I could care less who is making how many trips to the buffet line, as long as they are not wasteful and are not messy or "gross" (i.e. wiping their nose and then rooting around in the rolls! :crazy2: )

However, I did have a friend who was a recovering from anorexia. She was incredibly paranoid about food, portions, etc. One time we ordered a pizza and I put one slice on each of our plates. She insisted on switching plates with me because I inadvertantly gave her the larger piece! I told her she was being silly, but she got very panicky and tearful, so I switched!

There are people who have sooo many food issues and hang-ups. Perhaps the original poster asking the question is one of them. Most of us eat and enjoy it, but there are some who have a lot of emotion tied up with their eating. :confused3

So....for any of you out there who are self-conscious and worried about being judged for what you are eating...WE DON'T CARE! Enjoy yourself and your vacation!!! (Just be neat, please! :thumbsup2 )

irishbosoxfan said:
People like the Op make me mad!-There I said it--I mean honestly whose place it to think anything about someone they don't know or maybe "think" they know--My mom is a big lady not in thanks to her appetite but because of having thyroid disease--and because of this and ppl like the Op she hates going to a buffet restaurants

I don't know how many times we have gone to a buffet and theres always some smart*ss there to make some sort of crude comment----and for those who do dont think the person doesnt know--the snickering and nudging your buddies at the table and the little chin lift that says "check that out" is a dead give away.

To Each Is Own---If you dont want to see someone make more than one trip to the buffet ask for a table where you dont have to see it but dont sit there and ruin someone elses night out because your parents didnt teach you respect or manners

Very well said.

I'm too busy getting my food and helping my kids to notice how many times somebody else has gone up to the buffet. Who cares, anyway??

I go up several times, because I'm one of those "neurotic" types who doesn't like foods to touch, and I like the hot food seperate from the salad, etc. I also take smaller portions, so not to waste anything, and get seconds of things that I liked. I always go to the buffet with my youngest to help him, too. I would never send him up solo...he'd be the one sneezing on the food, or picking something up with his bare hands, and we can't have THAT, can we? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So I suppose if you saw ME making all of my trips to the buffet, you'd probably think I was being a pig! :lmao:

NMW said:
I go up several times with my children. the want to go up just for 2 stawberries, etc.. :)

ROFL...I have SO been there!!!!

We went to a brunch at a local hotel over Christmas, and my DS 6 insisted that I pick all of the blackberries off of the fruit tray for him. They were a garnish, so there were very few of them...but he WANTED those blackberries! :rotfl2:

TastefullyChris said:
Personally, I agree with many on this thread...I could care less who is making how many trips to the buffet line, as long as they are not wasteful and are not messy or "gross" (i.e. wiping their nose and then rooting around in the rolls! :crazy2: )

However, I did have a friend who was a recovering from anorexia. She was incredibly paranoid about food, portions, etc. One time we ordered a pizza and I put one slice on each of our plates. She insisted on switching plates with me because I inadvertantly gave her the larger piece! I told her she was being silly, but she got very panicky and tearful, so I switched!

There are people who have sooo many food issues and hang-ups. Perhaps the original poster asking the question is one of them. Most of us eat and enjoy it, but there are some who have a lot of emotion tied up with their eating. :confused3

So....for any of you out there who are self-conscious and worried about being judged for what you are eating...WE DON'T CARE! Enjoy yourself and your vacation!!! (Just be neat, please! :thumbsup2 )

good post, not condemnatory and a good point, very tastefully done( hehe)

superdiz said:
In reference to another diner that you've seen go up once or twice before? How many times to they have to go up before you think it? Does it make a difference if they are male or female?

Odd questions but I'm intrigued... :wave:
I never even notice what anyone else other than my own kids are doing and I really cannot imagine why anyone would care what another diner was eating let alone think if them as a "pig". What an odd thing to ask. It makes me wonder if you must be thinking this when you go out to eat? :scratchin

I really don't care what others do. I don't pay any attention. And to be honest if someone was watching me and thought I was pig cause I went up too many times in their opinion, I wouldn't care there either. I'd figure that is their problem.

TastefullyChris said:

I agree with most of what you said.

However, if you have your OWN issues with food - then it makes it even more inexcusable to think of someone as a pig because of the number of trips they make to a buffet table. One would think having issues would make you a little bit more understanding of others.

And in response to the original poster - I generally make 5 - 6 trips up to a buffet table. You may think of me as a pig all you like. I worked my booty off to lose 168 pounds. I have maintained that loss for almost 3 years now (have made 5 trips to Disney World within my weight loss and maintenance as well) - and when I'm at Disney World, I'm on vacation. I'm going to enjoy it. I've changed my thinking to understand that I must eat to live - not live to eat. But I still enjoy eating, so while I'm on vacation - I WILL enjoy myself. So if that makes me a pig, then oink, oink!

pinseeker11 said:
I go lots of times because I am one of those picky eaters that doesnt like their food to touch!!!

OMG....that is SO me!!!!!!!! Things CANNOT and WILL NOT touch on my plate!!!!! So, I tend tyo go up alot......and if the OP wants to think I am a "pig"...well that is their hang up.....
I have my issues...and you have yours!

Plus, who really has the time to pay attention to how many times someone walks up to a buffet??? I am too busy eating, worrying about my food not touching (LOL!!!!), and enjoying my family. :teeth:

SnackyStacky said:
I worked my booty off to lose 168 pounds. I have maintained that loss for almost 3 years now

And we were, and still are, so proud of you for doing this, Dan! :worship:

superdiz said:
In reference to another diner that you've seen go up once or twice before? How many times to they have to go up before you think it? Does it make a difference if they are male or female?

Odd questions but I'm intrigued... :wave:

my husband is legally blind, so between him, the 2 kids and myself i've been known to make about a dozen trips to the buffet... sometimes it does make me feel self conscious. but you gotta do what you gotta do.

bdg100 said:
Sometimes I see something on buffet that looks really good so, I load up. Of course, when I get back to table it is bad. I hate not eating it all but sure have done so in the past. I alway feel like everyone saw what I did and is ticked that I left that much but still go back for a new plate.

As i was writing my post i was thinking about that myself. Sometimes what you expect to be good is not good, rancid oil or whatever. So then i leave it on my plate also!

SnackyStacky said:
I agree with most of what you said.

However, if you have your OWN issues with food - then it makes it even more inexcusable to think of someone as a pig because of the number of trips they make to a buffet table. One would think having issues would make you a little bit more understanding of others.

And in response to the original poster - I generally make 5 - 6 trips up to a buffet table. You may think of me as a pig all you like. I worked my booty off to lose 168 pounds. I have maintained that loss for almost 3 years now (have made 5 trips to Disney World within my weight loss and maintenance as well) - and when I'm at Disney World, I'm on vacation. I'm going to enjoy it. I've changed my thinking to understand that I must eat to live - not live to eat. But I still enjoy eating, so while I'm on vacation - I WILL enjoy myself. So if that makes me a pig, then oink, oink!

Congrats!!! :woohoo:

(on the weight loss and the baby, from what I see in your sig!)

Slightly OT, but I'd love to know what plan you used to work that booty off, as I seem to have one of my own following me around . . . princess:

I never pay attention to what anyone else is or is not eating EXCEPT for that one time...........it was a breakfast buffet and I was waiting for the bacon to come out (speaking of pigs) by the time I got back up there a woman had loaded the entire new tray of bacon onto her plate. :eek: Can anyone say Atkins diet. Got myself a piece of sausage instead.

I'm with everyone else. I'm usually getting something for my DD or my HC DH to worry about how many times I've been up there. I usually end up eating less at the buffet than at a sit down. Last time I took the extended family to 1900 Park Fair, my MIL insisted that no one was leaving until I actually ate one full hot plate of food!

I have 3 kids, so I am too busy getting their plates of food and then finally getting one of my own! I could easily make 3 or 4 trips before I get my own plate. Then, I am still busy trying to eat my food and helping the kids with cutting or whatever to notice what others are doing.

I usually go up three times, once for soups/salads, the second time for meats/potatoes/veggies, and the third time for desserts. Maybe a fourth time if there was something I really liked and wanted more of, it is a buffet after all. I agree though that a whole bunch of food mushed together is disquisting, probably just because those people are to lazy to get up again, and then if they don't like something, they waste all that food.

just a question to all who are insulted by this question..i did you notice the line under her user name???? this is why i am thinking she is not trying to be rude here and since she only has a few posts, maybe not thinking how it could have come across???????( i could be totally off base but you know what they say about assumeing. sorry but i didn't feel like going all the way back and "quoting" the person who reamed me out for suggesting maybe OP isn't trying to be a creep ;) )

I get up a lot at buffets (especially if I get bored waiting for everyone to finish and keep getting more desserts - yum) If someone thinks that's being a PIG - who cares, you'll never see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!