• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Got my 2 lists done of hotels to choose from for trip next April. I'm hoping I get a bounceback offer of a hotel discount as apposed to free dining. But just in case that's why I have 2 lists (one if I can get a discount, the other if I can't) I wonder how many times I'll change the lists before I get to OKW in the fall and hopefully get the bounceback LOL.

Hi RCers! :wave2: Oh my, page 6 and I am just popping on here now. I shall hang my head in RC shame... :guilty: Glad to see the RC is humming right along, though. :thumbsup2 FB just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to RCing. :sad:

We just got back from NC and had a star spangled 4th. Good weather in the mountains and friends from Miami popped in for a visit. Now I am a Candlelight Processional planning fool, as always. So far, I've made 3 ADRs for Candlelight packages that will all be used. :lmao: I'm such a sucker for that show.:santa: I do wish more presenters were announced, though. Too much guesswork.

PAS130, dare I ask where you are staying now? I saw you thank a certain someone on FB for a certain something. :rolleyes1 Oh, and you'll never guess where my cuz from St C's hospital is moving... :donald:

I'm thinking of doing CP this Dec ...... maybe the 5th but not sure. I'll need to see if I have travel friends and what dates they might be there. :rolleyes1

Dec is still offsite. Saving my points and $$$ for warm weather trips when I want the ease of mid day trips back to the resort for a swim.

:thumbsup2 No offsite for me with this fun ankle ...must be able to get back to room if ankle starts hurting too much.

Have a great December trip - know it will be fun with Janet and Rosie! :goodvibes

Jenny: That's so great that you & Janet got to meet up.

And I'm so jealous of the adults-only trip. My DH & I very seldom go on adults only trips but I can never bring myself to book WDW without my DS. I feel so guilty just thinking about it. I really need to get over that! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I'm pretty OCD myself. :rolleyes1 I do think since we'll have a rental car that I should probably go to SSR before going to MK that morning. Surely, it shouldn't take that much extra time. Glad to know SSR isn't far from POFQ!
You should totally do an adult trip, Reid wouldn't mind a break. It's a vacation for the kiddos too! :goodvibes

SSR is like a few minutes from POR so I assume just as close to POFQ ;)

Hi RCers! :wave2: Oh my, page 6 and I am just popping on here now. I shall hang my head in RC shame... :guilty: Glad to see the RC is humming right along, though. :thumbsup2 FB just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to RCing. :sad:

We just got back from NC and had a star spangled 4th. Good weather in the mountains and friends from Miami popped in for a visit. Now I am a Candlelight Processional planning fool, as always. So far, I've made 3 ADRs for Candlelight packages that will all be used. :lmao: I'm such a sucker for that show.:santa: I do wish more presenters were announced, though. Too much guesswork.

PAS130, dare I ask where you are staying now? I saw you thank a certain someone on FB for a certain something. :rolleyes1 Oh, and you'll never guess where my cuz from St C's hospital is moving... :donald:

[/QUOTE]OKW still! I was thanking my TA for checking on BLT :rolleyes2 3 packages for CP...that's my Magic!! :thumbsup2

In cuz staying in NJ??? :drive: coming down your neck of the woods???

Glad you had a great time in NCpixiedust:

:thumbsup2 No offsite for me with this fun ankle ...must be able to get back to room if ankle starts hurting too much.

Have a great December trip - know it will be fun with Janet and Rosie! :goodvibes
:( Sorry you won't be joining the ladies for your birthday this year :hug:

Hi all....just popping to in to say I had a lovely meet up today with our very own JanetB and family! Janet it was a lovely day and you captured my girls hearts. :flower3: can't wait to see you again in August! :hourglass

Dmngal: wishing you pixie dust for Japan!pixiedust:

Oh, fun for visiting with Janet!

Thanks for the pixiedust. DH might need it - if I see one more spreadsheet about 'possible' scenarios, I'm going to throw the mouse at him... and he says I go overboard in my planning!

Tusker House is awesome though! I hear you on the changes. :faint: I guess it's not so nice when others change for us :duck:
180 days for Tokyo, well it's very Disney-like, and it is very exciting! Sorry you are missing your DD6 but she is having a blast I bet, and YAY on LO acing her appointments!!!:lovestruc

I am totally buggin' about trying to change this! I was content with our ADRs but now they're all wonky. Part of me thought 'screw it, we'll stay where we are' but I hate to be at MK on the only night with evening entertainment in a 4 night stretch... too much going on!!! I've been able to switch around two ADRs but the last one is proving tricky. TA and I are both checking the Disney website and trying to snag one of three possibilities that will make it all come together.

We haven't told DD6 that we're pretty sure going to move to Japan. We've talked about the possibility before and got her input (she wants to go but doesn't want to leave friends), but I wanted to tell her when I go out to get her in person v. over the phone. So, we bought the Japanese Small World doll and will have her open it on her birthday with a note... she can read the note and then DH's family will be filled in, too. MIL will not be happy but we're looking forward to the adventure and that's what's important.

Got my 2 lists done of hotels to choose from for trip next April. I'm hoping I get a bounceback offer of a hotel discount as apposed to free dining. But just in case that's why I have 2 lists (one if I can get a discount, the other if I can't) I wonder how many times I'll change the lists before I get to OKW in the fall and hopefully get the bounceback LOL.

That's the best part - you obsess and fret and plan and then something sweet falls in your lap and it all works out! Until you stress and fret some more. Good luck!!!

Hope everyone is well! Two nights of nasty storms (at least tonight's came at a reasonable hour). Going to Baltimore with DH tomorrow night for date night!!!! So excited!!! :dance3:

Keeping up with a scooter, that's not fair :moped::rotfl2: Walking in the morning or evening when the sun isn't beating down is really nice :thumbsup2

:lmao: My DH said I should just jump on the back. I'm sure I'll be fine with the walking though. I seem to have so much more energy at Disney.

Tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We have strep in our house now, only conquered two so far...hopefully that is it!

BOO!! I hope it leaves your house quickly.

It sounds like y'all had a great 4th.

We one one ADR for the Candlelight dining package on December 2. We made it for Teppan Edo at 5 PM, so I'm assuming we'll watch the 8:15 show. Now I just want to know who the narrator will be. We'll go that night no matter who it is.

Good Morning Ladies!

Jen and Janet! How cool that you guys got to meet up!!! Janet in Canada, Jen in U.S.? How did it happen???

Dimd I meant to comment on Japan!!!! Wow, that will be quite the experience, huh??

Jeanette You're still holding onto OKW, right...and I've still got AKL....amazing!!!

Down to 37 days!!! Still haven't brought the suitcases up....but I hope to start making lists soon...:rolleyes:

I am already feeling nostalgic about this trip -- our last trip as a family of four. All of you guys talking about getting rid of strollers -- we have been rid of them for quite some time but next year we are going to have sooooo much gear!!!! :rotfl:

We will be finding out the sex sometime next week, thanks to all of the nifty genetic testing that was done due to my "advanced maternal age" (I'll be 36 next week!). Can't wait to find out what it is!

We've talked about the possibility before and got her input (she wants to go but doesn't want to leave friends), but I wanted to tell her when I go out to get her in person v. over the phone. So, we bought the Japanese Small World doll and will have her open it on her birthday with a note... she can read the note and then DH's family will be filled in, too. MIL will not be happy but we're looking forward to the adventure and that's what's important.
I love that idea :lovestruc

:lmao: My DH said I should just jump on the back. I'm sure I'll be fine with the walking though. I seem to have so much more energy at Disney.
:thumbsup2 Now that would be funny! It'll be great!

Jeanette You're still holding onto OKW, right...and I've still got AKL....amazing!!!

Once you hit 35 pregnant moms are referred to as elders :confused: I always said I was so happy to be done at 30 (when I had Maddie)...then I had 3 more. But the last I was 34 so fortunately missed that "elder" term :rotfl: And yep still at OKW!! AKL will be fab for your family, like you mentioned all the gear, next year you will want a bigger room or villa. I still think it's a boy ;)

:cool1::thumbsup2:hyper::worship:

A new thread!!!!!

:wave2: I'm a little late :upsidedow but here. Thanks Pas for creating our new location!

Janet, you can add our 2015 dates ::yes::

BCV May 27-30
Fantasy Cruise May 30-June 6

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!!
Heather

:cool1::thumbsup2:hyper::worship:

A new thread!!!!!

:wave2: I'm a little late :upsidedow but here. Thanks Pas for creating our new location!

Janet, you can add our 2015 dates ::yes::

BCV May 27-30
Fantasy Cruise May 30-June 6

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!!
Heather

:cheer2: WOOHOO!! :hug: LOVE the 2015 plans!!!! And you had a good reason to be late :thumbsup2

Good morning, ladies! :wave2:

Hey, Heather! Good to see you here!

I am already feeling nostalgic about this trip -- our last trip as a family of four. All of you guys talking about getting rid of strollers -- we have been rid of them for quite some time but next year we are going to have sooooo much gear!!!! :rotfl:

We will be finding out the sex sometime next week, thanks to all of the nifty genetic testing that was done due to my "advanced maternal age" (I'll be 36 next week!). Can't wait to find out what it is!

That's so exciting! Hope it all goes well next week! :thumbsup2

Part of me wishes my DS was still young enough to truly need his stroller. I'll miss having a place to throw stuff and being able to just buckle him and go when I need to get moving. :lmao:

:wave2:

Good morning everyone! It's FP+ Thursday!

I had no issues checking in for our Pop Century reservation, and basically requested to be near transportation and the elevator. Since we're only there 1 night, I wanted it to be the most convenient for our family.

Now on to FP+. I'm going to whine a bit. :crazy2: Can I just say how much I hate the way Disney has set up the FP+ process?!?!?! It seems as though you have to repeat the steps 6 times before it's confirmed. I'm feeling really frustrated! :badpc:

We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios our first day, so getting those weren't so bad.

This isn't the experience I was hoping for. :furious:

Argh, off to try again! :smokin:

I'm sorry to hear it's frustrating! :flower3:

Our upcoming trip will be our 1st with FP+ & I'm very worried about it. From making the FP+ reservations to it actually working right while we're there.

Hope you end up getting everything you want! pixiedust:

Glad you guys are doing better!!! No fun when everyone is down.

I am so excited for your trip! Not only does it mean mine is right behind but since you are taking your LO, I'm eager to read how it all goes over!!! Our LO has gotten into Minnie and Sofia the First over the last few weeks - she has helped herself to two of older sister's stuffed toys since DD6 has been gone - and I'm eager to introduce her to the magic!!!
Okay, back to RCing:
OPINIONS PLEASE:
~~~~~ Tusker Breakfast v. Tusker Lunch v. Garden Grill ~~~~~
Yes, I'm most excited about DD taking in everything! She's beginning to really enjoy Disney Jr, so we're definitely going to enjoy Disney Jr Live with her. And she also loves Minnie! In fact, she sleeps with her every night. :)

I would do Tusker House Breakfast and a Garden Grill Dinner! Fun day!
Good Morning Ladies!

Jen and Janet! How cool that you guys got to meet up!!! Janet in Canada, Jen in U.S.? How did it happen???

Dimd I meant to comment on Japan!!!! Wow, that will be quite the experience, huh??

Down to 37 days!!! Still haven't brought the suitcases up....but I hope to start making lists soon...:rolleyes:

How exciting! :yay: Finding out the gender makes the baby seem that much more real! Have you guys thought about names? It's awesome that you'll know before your big trip? Any feelings about what the baby might be? :goodvibes

Our upcoming trip will be our 1st with FP+ & I'm very worried about it. From making the FP+ reservations to it actually working right while we're there.

The website isn't working well this morning either. I didn't even get up at midnight to get them. We're not A&E envy or anything.

ETA: The website is completely down! :headache:

Good morning, ladies! :wave2:

Hey, Heather! Good to see you here!

That's so exciting! Hope it all goes well next week! :thumbsup2

Part of me wishes my DS was still young enough to truly need his stroller. I'll miss having a place to throw stuff and being able to just buckle him and go when I need to get moving. :lmao:
:hug: I totally get that Amanda. My Bree wouldn't stay put in her stroller for anything, yet she would walk three steps and want "shoulders". I asked DH if maybe just for the parks we should rent a stroller :duck: Yep, "negative, ghost rider":worried:

:wave2:

Good morning everyone! It's FP+ Thursday!

I had no issues checking in for our Pop Century reservation, and basically requested to be near transportation and the elevator. Since we're only there 1 night, I wanted it to be the most convenient for our family.

Now on to FP+. I'm going to whine a bit. :crazy2: Can I just say how much I hate the way Disney has set up the FP+ process?!?!?! It seems as though you have to repeat the steps 6 times before it's confirmed. I'm feeling really frustrated! :badpc:

We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios our first day, so getting those weren't so bad.

Agreed! Not much simple about FP :badpc:

::yes::

Yes, I'm most excited about DD taking in everything! She's beginning to really enjoy Disney Jr, so we're definitely going to enjoy Disney Jr Live with her. And she also loves Minnie! In fact, she sleeps with her every night. :)
:banana:

The website isn't working well this morning either. I didn't even get up at midnight to get them. We're not A&E envy or anything.

ETA: The website is completely down! :headache:

I have been trying to get on there all day to do some ADR-stalking. Need Chef Mickey's for a different day of our trip now. :headache: You would think a company as big as and as profitable and Disney could get a really good website. :furious:

:hug: I totally get that Amanda. My Bree wouldn't stay put in her stroller for anything, yet she would walk three steps and want "shoulders". I asked DH if maybe just for the parks we should rent a stroller :duck: Yep, "negative, ghost rider":worried:

Ha! I asked Ed the same thing about just going ahead & renting a stroller from Orlando stroller rentals and he gave me a quick no, too. Worst case scenario, we'll rent a park stroller when Ed gets tired of putting him on his shoulders. That should be quick. :rotfl2:

I have been trying to get on there all day to do some ADR-stalking. Need Chef Mickey's for a different day of our trip now. :headache: You would think a company as big as and as profitable and Disney could get a really good website. :furious:
Exactly! Thank goodness the online check-in worked. But that's simple compared to this FP+ business. Sheesh! :crazy2:

And one other complaint and then I will shut up :laughing: --

Why can't Disney organize the attractions on the FP+ page, in the area they are located in the parks? It makes it quite cumbersome to just go through a list. It would make for effective park touring to see what is where, especially for newbies! I don't want to be running all over a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter