As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

pas...thanks for the new RC home!!

Well my friend was able to make our reservation. We are officially booked at SoG 12/1-12/5. I can't wait!! Now her hubby just needs to pass his PT test next weekend. She said he has been working his buns off to get ready for it. Well back to gaming and double xp weekend I go. I want to go back and catch up, the the DH is standing over me, threatening to make it to where I can't pull the DIS up any more if I don't hurry up and get back to the game.

You know we will miss you!! Darn school schedules as such....:grouphug:

I shouldn't really complain having just had a June trip with Sophia....but I would love to meet our RC family. I will have a couple of days at a gorgeous Virginia Inn with my dear friend so that is definitely something worth looking forward to as well. Another time for sure for an RC family meet! :grouphug:

The lost sheep have found our way home :goodvibes

I also wish I could be there to meet up with the best ladies ever.

:grouphug:

Ahh...so we have have, my sweet friend. Thank goodness FB keeps us in touch so nicely! :love:

The lost sheep have found our way home

I also wish I could be there to meet up with the best ladies ever.
:hug: Me too! We need to hire a RC pup-sitter who is great with our fur-babies with special needs

Stopping by to give some hugs to my favorite gals.

Love you ladies! For our RC Angel, Sarah. :drinking1 (That's a milkshake, honest.)
pixiedust: Today is magical! Nice to have you home!!! And it is an adult milkshake, yes ;)

I am here too!!!! Kook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hey there buddy! So glad you enjoyed your trip. My trip is scheduled for Aug. 6 - 14. We are scheduled 3 days at Universal first. We were originally scheduled at Hard Rock...but in true Changer fashion, I woke up this morning and changed to RPH. :sick:.My DS mentioned our stay at RPH a few years ago and how he liked it better than Portofino. Since I can't seem to book CR for our Disney stay, I wanted to make him happy....and satisfy this urge to change resorts.....

I spent the entire morning contemplating whether or not I could stand our first Poly without a pool....:scratchin:sad2: ummmm that would be a negative. I really wanted a MK monorail resort this time and my DS has been wanting CR for a while. We really aren't lovers of the GF. Also, we've stayed at WL twice and we hear that they, too will be having a refurb. So.....for now at least....we are staying put at AKL..... My DH did ask me what the difference in cost would be for YC....(He is a closet RC member by the way...) :cloud9:

As the tickers turn......;)
:cool1: Hi step, my Royal predecessor! It is so funny you mention CR. I actually called my TA to change to BLT this morning but I miscalculated the total so it was a wee bit more than I wanted to spend :crazy2: The Poly I wouldn't advise right now. You all loved YC so it's always a choice right? AKL is really amazing, and as far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with any of the Universal resorts:beach: Things may open up in the 30 day window and they will:flower3: And is tomorrow the 30 day dance????

Hi Step! Glad you made it back on the RC thread! Will update the list with your dates. AKL is fabulous. FYI the WL pool refurb is set for sept (in case you get an urge to RC )
:thumbsup2 LOVE WL!

Hi Erica! We'll definite raise a milkshake to Sarah in August :) love you too! :hug:
The most magical milkshake :grouphug:

pas...thanks for the new RC home!!

Well my friend was able to make our reservation. We are officially booked at SoG 12/1-12/5. I can't wait!! Now her hubby just needs to pass his PT test next weekend. She said he has been working his buns off to get ready for it. Well back to gaming and double xp weekend I go. I want to go back and catch up, the the DH is standing over me, threatening to make it to where I can't pull the DIS up any more if I don't hurry up and get back to the game.
pixiedust: WOOHOO!!! Fingers crossed that he does well next weekend.

I shouldn't really complain having just had a June trip with Sophia....but I would love to meet our TC family. I will have a couple of days at gorgeous Virginia Inn with my BFF so that is definitely something wi looking forward to as well. Another time for sure for an RC family meet! :grouphug:

Ahh...so we have have, my sweet friend. Thank goodness FB keeps us in touch so nicely! :love:
Another :grouphug:

Kook Disappeared from my multi-quote....:sad: Not to get emotional, but this RC thread is making my day! I love the YC upgrade, but I am aggravated by a less than magical check-in for you. How nice of you to switch rooms at WL. I can't believe the family wanted cookie delivery...However, judging from past interactions with CL CMs they would totally do it IMO. You are WL Royalty through and through :goodvibes Sad about Randy, but it sounds like it's a change he will be happy with. And it's great to see you home!!!!!(here) And you were first on page to on the last thread or my TR...::yes::

Orange Bird's new nest is perfect. Jeanette, you are an untiring Resort Changin' Queen. You've continued, no matter what, to provide a safe haven for the Disney Resort conflicted and confused. We all admire your dedication and your well-honed RC abilities and advice. On behalf of all who have or will change, we thank you.

This might be the perfect time for me to summarize some of my changes:scratchin

Just returned from a split at YC/CL and WL/CL. The only change I made this trip was from August to June (DD had a conflict and we were able to use the APs one more time) and from BWI to YC. But, there were some other changes after arrival that I didn't make.

I was only able to book a SV CL room. When we checked-in upstairs, we were very unceremoniously upgraded to a tippy-top Lagoon/Pool View. I noticed it on the invoice I had to sign and when I asked if we were upgraded the CM said, "I don't know, what did you book?":rolleyes2. I can't figure out why Disney doesn't want to make upgrades more special. I guess the CMs are always the last to know.

Three days later…On to WL-CL for 8 nights. Some of you might recall the epic upgrade of 2011 which someone here, who I can't remember, described as The.Best.Leak.Ever. Come forward if it was you because DH and I still laugh about that description.

A little background: DH had just returned from AFG, this was his first-ever CL stay and we were in 7127 at WL. This has since become our favorite room. Later that evening around 9:30, water started dripping down from the ceiling near the sinks. When we came back for our luggage, the ceiling looked worse after a worker's foot had gone through the ceiling.

I put a bucket underneath and told a CM who then told Randy, the CL Manager. They both agreed that there was no way we could stay in that room and workers wouldn't be done that evening. We were upset because we loved the room's location and we didn't want to lose the room. We even told them the leak wouldn't bother us too much, but they said we had to move. I asked if we could move back to the room the next day. Little did I know we were being moved to a room right next door - the Presidential Suite. That was the change of a lifetime. Randy said he would see us in the morning to let us know where we'd be for the rest of our stay…and he did. He came to our table with new keys and a surprise upgrade to the suite for our entire stay - 11 nights total. Ironically, we were booked at Poly for a split. The afternoon after the morning we checked-in to WL, many hours before the leak, DH said he LOVED WL-CL so much that he didn't want to leave and asked me to cancel Poly and change to WL. I immediately went to Mike who made a call and BAM! We changed to WL for the entire trip.

Fast forward to the trip we just returned from. The evening we checked-in, a CM told us about a guest who was very unhappy in her Deluxe room because it wasn't located on the CL floor. She even demanded that cookies be brought to her room each evening. I half-joked that we'd be happy to switch with her. The next morning, much to my surprise, we got a call to change rooms and the troublesome guest took our room on the 7th and we took her Deluxe room on the 5th. Management were very pleased with the change and were generous in thanking us. So see, it pays to have the changing gene;)

One change though that I have to lament here is that Randy, the CL manager who ran the place so well and cared so much for all his guests, has just left for a Recreation TA that he requested and it doesn't look like he'll be returning to WL. The place wasn't the same without him:(

That's it for my recap of recent changes. Now, everyone get to changin' and don't forget to post lots of photos from your August RC Meet.
Epic upgrades!!! Wow! Presidential Suite, Deluxe rooms & fab view of SAB :thumbsup2
Sorry about Randy, I felt the same when Ranger Stan left WL.

Pas great new thread, love the name!!

Janet B noticed you have new resort change listed :goodvibes. But sad you won't be as close by!

Babyberger hi!!!

With last summers renos done, we just did roof of house & garage. Waiting for guy to do gutters. Then a couple if days ago while out I noticed my gas was low, and went to fill up. They had a car wash so since I've been parking on street while garage was being done, it was needing a wash and decided to put it thru! Wrong decision. While putting wheel in stupid rail my front tire blew :eek: so had to buy 2 new front tires. When they took wheels off, they noticed my breaks were very worn :sad2: all 4 wheels, ugh. I knew they were feeling rough. But geez, didn't need this just before my Florida trip!!! I think I should name my trip Staying at The Grand and eatting dirt . Bleck!!

Pas great new thread, love the name!!

Janet B noticed you have new resort change listed :goodvibes. But sad you won't be as close by!

Babyberger hi!!!
Thank you Sue! And I am missing babyberger and disneydreamin247 Darn kiddos keeping them busy:rolleyes:

With last summers renos done, we just did roof of house & garage. Waiting for guy to do gutters. Then a couple if days ago while out I noticed my gas was low, and went to fill up. They had a car wash so since I've been parking on street while garage was being done, it was needing a wash and decided to put it thru! Wrong decision. While putting wheel in stupid rail my front tire blew :eek: so had to buy 2 new front tires. When they took wheels off, they noticed my breaks were very worn :sad2: all 4 wheels, ugh. I knew they were feeling rough. But geez, didn't need this just before my Florida trip!!! I think I should name my trip Staying at The Grand and eatting dirt . Bleck!!
:crazy2: That is THE worst...could you drop CL and use TA rate for whole stay? That will definitely save some dinero. :goodvibes Glad you found your way over:thumbsup2

Playing hooky here on the nifty new thread:cool2:. I just finished uploading many photos to Photobucket. I am so behind on all my threads - my apologies. I have photos to post, logs to update, updates to post. I did update my Resort thread sticky with the new URL for this very helpful thread. This is the one thread I'm amazingly not behind on. Oh, and poor Heather, I haven't even gotten to her wonderful TR. I promised her I would this weekend. I can't wait to peruse it and re-live part of my trip.

Stopping by to give some hugs to my favorite gals. :grouphug:

Love you ladies! :love: For our RC Angel, Sarah. :drinking1 (That's a milkshake, honest.)

What a sweet sentiment - missed you and :wave:

I am here too!!!! Kook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay: Hey there buddy! So glad you enjoyed your trip. My trip is scheduled for Aug. 6 - 14. We are scheduled 3 days at Universal first. We were originally scheduled at Hard Rock...but in true Changer fashion, I woke up this morning and changed to RPH. :sick:.My DS mentioned our stay at RPH a few years ago and how he liked it better than Portofino. Since I can't seem to book CR for our Disney stay, I wanted to make him happy....and satisfy this urge to change resorts.....

I spent the entire morning contemplating whether or not I could stand our first Poly without a pool....:scratchin:sad2: ummmm that would be a negative. I really wanted a MK monorail resort this time and my DS has been wanting CR for a while. We really aren't lovers of the GF. Also, we've stayed at WL twice and we hear that they, too will be having a refurb. So.....for now at least....we are staying put at AKL..... My DH did ask me what the difference in cost would be for YC....(He is a closet RC member by the way...) :cloud9:

As the tickers turn......
:wave:
Nope, no rehab in August at WL. The pool is the only rehab and that won't start until after Labor Day. Not a fan of the lack of transportation options at AKL and we toured Poly and frankly, I think the place should be closed. It's one big construction site from the entrance to the beach and all points in between. I have photos I will try to post soon if you'd like. My vote is for CR, WL or YC. WL is the least $ and from CR/YC you can walk to parks so that's a plus in my RC book. Keep us posted and aren't you glad school is finally out?!

Hi Kook! So good to "see" you! Awesome news on your RS (room switch) :).
Yes, an RS:thumbsup2

I shouldn't really complain having just had a June trip with Sophia....but I would love to meet our TC family. :grouphug:
It's been so long since I read an update from you that last I remember, Sophia hadn't been to WDW yet. What were her favorite things to do and where did you stay? Is she excited to go back?

Kook Disappeared from my multi-quote....:sad: Not to get emotional, but this RC thread is making my day! I love the YC upgrade, but I am aggravated by a less than magical check-in for you. How nice of you to switch rooms at WL. I can't believe the family wanted cookie delivery...However, judging from past interactions with CL CMs they would totally do it IMO. You are WL Royalty through and through :goodvibes Sad about Randy, but it sounds like it's a change he will be happy with. And it's great to see you home!!!!!(here) And you were first on page to on the last thread or my TR...::yes::
Get emotional - we'll wipe the tears. DH already told Randy before he left that CL won't be the same without him and that he would be reluctant to return - ouch! I haven't even posted any of this yet to the WL thread, but since this is the RC thread, I can tell all of you that after our upcoming Christmas trip, which was booked as a special "thank-you" bounceback of sorts by the GSO, DH plans to RC to CR/BLV if Randy isn't managing the OFC. Stay tuned.

Epic upgrades!!! Wow! Presidential Suite, Deluxe rooms & fab view of SAB :thumbsup2
Sorry about Randy, I felt the same when Ranger Stan left WL.
Ranger Stan actually passed away:(. We have been blessed with some upgrades over the years. We've stayed at WL since 1997 and they have been the most generous and consistent with upgrades. Room Assignors there tell me that they always upgrade guests when the can. Both YC stays we've been upgraded to LV which I'm actually not a big fan of due to the SAB noise, but Crescent Lake in the background was lovely. Are you still going to FLL?

Noooo! Well, you've gotten all the bad stuff out of the way. The unexpected tire blowout was a blessing in disguise because it forced you to get those brakes up to speed for your trip. You deserve some pixie dust on your trip::yes::

Hello all!
Found our new home! Can't chat now but will catch up tomorrow -- just wanted to make sure I could find my way home. Breadcrumbs!

Been running around all weekend but tomorrow is a quick trip to Six Flags so that my brand new one year old can splash around and soak up some attention! :beach:

:grouphug: to all!

:hug: Me too! We need to hire a RC pup-sitter who is great with our fur-babies with special needs

pixiedust: Today is magical! Nice to have you home!!! And it is an adult milkshake, yes ;)

:cool1: Hi step, my Royal predecessor! It is so funny you mention CR. I actually called my TA to change to BLT this morning but I miscalculated the total so it was a wee bit more than I wanted to spend :crazy2: The Poly I wouldn't advise right now. You all loved YC so it's always a choice right? AKL is really amazing, and as far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with any of the Universal resorts:beach: Things may open up in the 30 day window and they will:flower3: And is tomorrow the 30 day dance????

:thumbsup2 LOVE WL!

The most magical milkshake :grouphug:

Another :grouphug:

Jeanette have you ever stayed at BLT? It is on my bucket list. I agree AKL is fantastic, it even met picky Bob's approval. :rotfl:

I was going to try to multi-quote but there were just too many and I am feeling lazy this morning.

Hope everyone has a terrific day today! :)

Morning all! :wave2:

Hope you are all having a fab weekend. I promise to be more than just a pop in here on the new thread....so nice to see everyone stopping in! Kook that is a wonderful pic you posted of SAB! No changes report here.

Even though we are not doing many table service for our family trip, the kiddos requested we book Sci-fi for lunch on our HS day. So now we are reserved at Sci-fi and Via Napoli. Yummy.....Sangria!

Hugs to all:hug:

Jen

Get emotional - we'll wipe the tears. DH already told Randy before he left that CL won't be the same without him and that he would be reluctant to return - ouch! I haven't even posted any of this yet to the WL thread, but since this is the RC thread, I can tell all of you that after our upcoming Christmas trip, which was booked as a special "thank-you" bounceback of sorts by the GSO, DH plans to RC to CR/BLV if Randy isn't managing the OFC. Stay tuned.
An RCer hubby, I think it's awesome! But the lure of OFC, can you resist....:rolleyes: That BLV is SO pretty!!! ::yes::

Just got home from a wonderful trip to Tahoe but wanted to pop in to say hi to all my RC family! :wave2:
:wave2: :hug:

Hello all!
Found our new home! Can't chat now but will catch up tomorrow -- just wanted to make sure I could find my way home. Breadcrumbs!

Been running around all weekend but tomorrow is a quick trip to Six Flags so that my brand new one year old can splash around and soak up some attention! :beach:

:grouphug: to all!
:hug: Have a wonderful day!:beach:

Jeanette have you ever stayed at BLT? It is on my bucket list. I agree AKL is fantastic, it even met picky Bob's approval. :rotfl:
No I haven't :( and I have always wanted too. If it was included in the discounts we would SO be there! :goodvibes

Hope you are all having a fab weekend. I promise to be more than just a pop in here on the new thread....so nice to see everyone stopping in! Kook that is a wonderful pic you posted of SAB! No changes report here.

Even though we are not doing many table service for our family trip, the kiddos requested we book Sci-fi for lunch on our HS day. So now we are reserved at Sci-fi and Via Napoli. Yummy.....Sangria!

Hugs to all:hug:

Jen
:hug: Love Via Napoli! And Sangria!!! I booked Liberty Tree Tavern, but I doubt I'll keep it..

Beautiful new thread Jeanette! Thanks for keeping it going! :thumbsup2
:wave2: Glad you stopped in...still AKL :goodvibes

Hello, everybody! :wave2:

As promised, I am checking out the new thread as soon as we got home from our weekend getaway. It's so good to see everyone again.

While we were out of town this weekend, I (of course) found a Disney outlet store within an hour of our hotel. :rotfl: Stocked up on some new shirts for Reid and a couple of things for myself. But, it just made me even more anxious for our upcoming trip. 90 days from today we'll be arriving in WDW!! :cool1: These are the resorts we have booked:

10/4: POFQ
10/5 - 10/11: SSR (1 bedroom villa)

So excited!

As promised, I am checking out the new thread as soon as we got home from our weekend getaway. It's so good to see everyone again.

While we were out of town this weekend, I (of course) found a Disney outlet store within an hour of our hotel. :rotfl: Stocked up on some new shirts for Reid and a couple of things for myself. But, it just made me even more anxious for our upcoming trip. 90 days from today we'll be arriving in WDW!! :cool1: These are the resorts we have booked:

So excited!
:dance3: I don't know what I am MORE excited for your 90 day dance or the fact you came back to us :cheer2::grouphug: Did you buy MNSSHP tickets already???:goodvibes

It's been so long since I read an update from you that last I remember, Sophia hadn't been to WDW yet. What were her favorite things to do and where did you stay? Is she excited to go back?

:wave: Kook! I haven't been around in months ...quite honestly, it had been over three years since my last trip and I am sure you can imagine the toll that takes on a former AP holder (of many years). :sad2: Missed you all but the DIS was making me sad.

The trip with Sophia was rather last minute - we stayed at an offsite condo (first time offsite in 30+ years!) because we took our pups along. The condo was so close that we pulled out and were parked within 10 mins. Most of the drive was on Disney property...but that first morning, parking and paying (!!) made me teary for sure. Drove down for just four nights - what a trip with a 5 1/2 yr and two pups! Next time we go for a week or not at all! (Want to plan for a January trip but dread staying offsite again.)

Sophia had been to the MK twice with her mom and dad so this was not her first time visiting. It was wonderful to see it through her eyes...see her excitement, hear her giggles. Yep, pretty magical! We had dinner at WCC as we thought it might be fun for her (my first time at WCC!). She and DD LOVED WL- dinner was just okay. Apparently our waitress was not having one of her better days. ;)

Headed over to Polynesian so I could see what was going on at "home". What a mess! Sophia and DD walked around outside just enough for Sophia to fall in love with the resort - guess it runs in the family. ;)

It will be awhile before we'll be able to stay onsite again because we will not board our pups and have no one to puppy sit. Yep, the fur family takes a WDW vacation as well! :yes:: Definitely prefer onsite but that is all we have ever known.

Looking forward to lots of pictures from your trip - love the upgrades!

Just got home from a wonderful trip to Tahoe but wanted to pop in to say hi to all my RC family! :wave2:

Hey, there, my CA friend! :wave:

:dance3: I don't know what I am MORE excited for your 90 day dance or the fact you came back to us :cheer2::grouphug: Did you buy MNSSHP tickets already???:goodvibes

Awww....thank you!! :hug: It feels good to be back!

I most certainly have purchased my MNSSHP tickets! We're going October 5th. In fact, I already have the costumes for myself and Ed completed. :woohoo: I just need a few more things for Reid's but it's pieces that he may grow out of so I'm waiting until September to purchase those.

Thank you

ick, I am so sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed y'all don't have any more unforeseen expenses.

So excited!

I'm glad y'all had a great weekend and found a Disney outlet.

:wave: Kook! I haven't been around in months ...quite honestly, it had been over three years since my last trip and I am sure you can imagine the toll that takes on a former AP holder (of many years). :sad2: Missed you all but the DIS was making me sad.

The trip with Sophia was rather last minute - we stayed at an offsite condo (first time offsite in 30+ years!) because we took our pups along. The condo was so close that we pulled out and were parked within 10 mins. Most of the drive was on Disney property...but that first morning, parking and paying (!!) made me teary for sure. Drove down for just four nights - what a trip with a 5 1/2 yr and two pups! Next time we go for a week or not at all! (Want to plan for a January trip but dread staying offsite again.)

Sophia had been to the MK twice with her mom and dad so this was not her first time visiting. It was wonderful to see it through her eyes...see her excitement, hear her giggles. Yep, pretty magical! We had dinner at WCC as we thought it might be fun for her (my first time at WCC!). She and DD LOVED WL- dinner was just okay. Apparently our waitress was not having one of her better days. ;)

Headed over to Polynesian so I could see what was going on at "home". What a mess! Sophia and DD walked around outside just enough for Sophia to fall in love with the resort - guess it runs in the family. ;)

It will be awhile before we'll be able to stay onsite again because we will not board our pups and have no one to puppy sit. Yep, the fur family takes a WDW vacation as well! :yes:: Definitely prefer onsite but that is all we have ever known.

Hey, there, my CA friend! :wave:

With as many people that travel with fur-babies, you would think Disney would build a resort for people wanting to travel that way.

We had a good weekend. The DH and I saw Deliver Us From Evil and then took the boys to see Transformers today. I'm such a dork that I still get teary eyed when I see Optimus and Bubble Bee.

It will be awhile before we'll be able to stay onsite again because we will not board our pups and have no one to puppy sit. Yep, t]he fur family takes a WDW vacation as well! :yes:: Definitely prefer onsite but that is all we have ever known.
That's so great that Sophia also loves the Poly..how can you not LOVE those grounds :cloud9: Can't wait until it is completed!

Awww....thank you!! :hug: It feels good to be back!

I most certainly have purchased my MNSSHP tickets! We're going October 5th. In fact, I already have the costumes for myself and Ed completed. :woohoo: I just need a few more things for Reid's but it's pieces that he may grow out of so I'm waiting until September to purchase those.
:woohoo: And you ARE possibly doing a TR too right???:flower3:

With as many people that travel with fur-babies, you would think Disney would build a resort for people wanting to travel that way.

We had a good weekend. The DH and I saw Deliver Us From Evil and then took the boys to see Transformers today. I'm such a dork that I still get teary eyed when I see Optimus and Bubble Bee.

You are SO right about the pet resorts....al the Universal deluxes are pet-friendly..speaking of Universal, Kim you would love the Transformers ride :) back to WDW talk ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter