• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

EEEEEEEK!!!!

Tomorrow our trip countdown will be in the 30's!!!! :scared1:

I have to get crackin' and get us ready for this trip. DH did pick up ziploc bags for me so at least I have those to pack with, lol! :lmao:

WOO HOO!! :banana::banana:

The DH and I had to go to the store to get the seasoning he uses when he makes burgers, and my green tea. As he was driving, I brought up going to Universal and he shot it down quick. His parents went to Universal and his dad said that the Men In Black ride (I think that was the one) was a little snug on him. The DH is convinced there will be a lot he can't do. He said that he won't go to Universal until he loses some weight, which he isn't even trying to do.

Well wish me luck. Tomorrow morning I start taking a morning walk. Then on the nights my mil feels like taking a walk, I'll walk with her as well. I just know she won't be able to do what I'll be able to do at first, so I want to make sure I get in at least one good work out per day.

Sweet!! That one works.
:cool1:

EEEEEEEK!!!!

Tomorrow our trip countdown will be in the 30's!!!!

I have to get crackin' and get us ready for this trip. DH did pick up ziploc bags for me so at least I have those to pack with, lol! :lmao:
Holy cannoli!!! I missed that I am in the 30s:dance3: 38 days!!!! 39 days til we check in at the beach, but 38 days until we head out :beach::yay:

:wave2::cool1::rotfl2: I am so bleepin' happy to see everyone. Minnie.....:hug::yay::yay::yay::yay::dance3: It is a wonderful thing to be able to come home to my peeps. Minnie you said it the best, we will always be members of the RC family. I, too, have been a quiet partner (too much going on in the past two years to even go back and talk about) but coming here and planning our upcoming trip has been magical. PAS if I haven't already thanked you, you have always embraced the spirit of this thread and you do it so well. Thank you for keeping the light on for us.....and sending out breadcrumbs for those of us, who need a little help getting back. :grouphug::sad: Silly RC girl is now crying......
:hug: I am SO crying right now!!! I have to say starting the new thread was exactly what was needed to bring the magic back, and all the RCers back home. I was reading old threads and what fun that was!! I am so grateful the RC love brought us all back here, and I agree in spirit we are always together :grouphug: I wish the our Kaffinito was still active on the DIS! :flower3: And I will be forever honored that you step, trusted me to carry on your reign. To me, you are the Queen, always and forever....*sniff, sniff, hugs* princess:

:grouphug:

The DH and I had to go to the store to get the seasoning he uses when he makes burgers, and my green tea. As he was driving, I brought up going to Universal and he shot it down quick. His parents went to Universal and his dad said that the Men In Black ride (I think that was the one) was a little snug on him. The DH is convinced there will be a lot he can't do. He said that he won't go to Universal until he loses some weight, which he isn't even trying to do.

Well wish me luck. Tomorrow morning I start taking a morning walk. Then on the nights my mil feels like taking a walk, I'll walk with her as well. I just know she won't be able to do what I'll be able to do at first, so I want to make sure I get in at least one good work out per day.
:thumbsup2 Good luck! We are doing night walks, I call it Disney training for the kids ;)

:thumbsup2 Good luck! We are doing night walks, I call it Disney training for the kids ;)

Hmmm....that's a good idea. I may need to do this with Reid. Seriously concerned about his 1st trip without a stroller in October. I need to get him in training!! :yay: :rotfl:

Wow!!! I'm at 38 days too. Another crazy split stay!!! CSR, YC, POR and then a quick 2 night stop at POP.

Hmmm....that's a good idea. I may need to do this with Reid. Seriously concerned about his 1st trip without a stroller in October. I need to get him in training!! :yay: :rotfl:
After our first park walk (1 mile all the way around) we made it halfway and the whining began) I threatened to cancel...and it got them moving :rotfl2:

Wow!!! I'm at 38 days too. Another crazy split stay!!! CSR, YC, POR and then a quick 2 night stop at POP.

:dance3::cool1: Our Queen of the Split Stay!!!! :hug:

Thanks. I'm starting small. I'm just walking to the end of the street and back. It isn't a really short street, but it's not super long either. I may look for an app so I can track how much I am doing. Then on the night my mil feels like walking, I'll walk with her in the evenings as well. I really feel like I need to train for this upcoming trip. I'm used to having frequent stops because of the DH needing them. I won't have that with my friend since she'll be in a scooter. I need to be able to keep up with her.

Sounds like a great split with 2 resorts that I would love to stay at some day.

After our first park walk (1 mile all the way around) we made it halfway and the whining began) I threatened to cancel...and it got them moving :rotfl2:

Oh yeah, I can already see me having to threaten him with making him stay home with Grammy instead of coming with us. :rotfl: Whenever we went to US & IoA the day before our cruise this March, he was sooooo whiny by the end of the day. I had to give him a piggyback ride to the car. I'm really worried about this "no stroller" thing. :worried:

WOW! :worship: My max is 2 resorts per trip. :laughing:

This will only be our 2nd time doing a split stay, so let me ask all of you experts a question. On the 2nd day of our trip, we'll be moving from POFQ to SSR. I want to go to MK this morning and then (hopefully) our room will be ready in the afternoon @ SSR so that we can rest before MNSSHP. What is the best way to go about switching resorts? Should I just check in very early @ SSR even though I know my room won't be ready then & then proceed to MK opening? Or should I just wait to check in @ SSR when we leave MK that afternoon?

Ahhh, it's been too long!

MM, GG - yay for closing down the countdown! You're coming awfully close to the one month mark and then it'll be the single digit dance before you know it!!!

step - :grouphug: always good to see everyone!

wookie - I give you credit! I'm dreading starting to walk in August... we're already dancing in the 90s and I know August is only worse! Still, at least we'll be ready for the Florida humidity!

hallie, amanda, pas - :wave2: always good to see how your trips are progressing! This will be our first MNSSHP (after missing the first one at DL 4 years ago by ONE DAY!!!) We are still back and forth about costumes. I wanted to try to do a group thing but DD is dying to be a princess so I think she and LO will be princesses and DH, friend, and I will do something. Lots of trio options!

Kohl - hoping you had an amazing time and we hear from you soon! Also hoping your fam is doing well!

THings have been a flurry of crazy around here. Now that we're talking about going to Japan there is a lot to do with timers going: we have to get the dogs screened 180+ days before leaving to avoid quarantine, girls and I need to be medically cleared, and DH needs to get orders so we can set up move and everything. It's so frustrating because each step can bring up something that cancels the whole thing (especially medical) so we haven't told anyone outside family and immediate friends until it's OFFICIAL.

On top of that, LO had all her one year appts (doing awesome!!!), DD6 is out with my ILs and I'm aching being apart for so long (two weeks!!!), and I have to run around and do everything that I couldn't do when ILs were here (clean house, return clothes, go through girls' clothes since they both grew 10 feet...)

Still, I did manage to fit some changing in. DD6 has wanted to do BBB one more time but DH and I thought twice was enough. Well, since it's looking VERY likely we will have our household goods packed up before Christmas, we're surprising her with BBB during our trip. We figure if all the grandparents want to throw in, we can do the whole glitz package, otherwise it's just hair and nails. That way we won't have to pack a bunch of gifts and ship or haul them on the plane.

Also, Disney screwing with the EMH has wonked out the first part of my Sept trip - we had PM EMH planned one night that isn't there anymore... and is the only night for MSEP and Wishes in 3 days, so we are swapping with one HS morning and that means ADRs have to change. So, instead of doing CP and GG on the same day (lots of character and too much food), we're doing CP, cancelling GG, doing Tusker the next AM, and planning on just grabbing QS and milkshakes at HS that night. I hate giving up GG (it's a staple!) but I just think this works better.

I hope all is well and everyone is having a great summer! :grouphug: and :dance3: to everyone!!!

:wave2:

Hello! Finally found this thread! :yay:

We're getting better here, but boy it was rough. Glad to have it behind us now.

Anyway, Thursday is our FP+ and check in day! :eek: So not ready....

Time is ticking! :hourglass

62 days to go!

wookie - I give you credit! I'm dreading starting to walk in August... we're already dancing in the 90s and I know August is only worse! Still, at least we'll be ready for the Florida humidity!

Most of the highs over the next 10 days are in the triple digits here. The lack of Florida humidity is one of the things I will not miss on my girls only trip in December.

THings have been a flurry of crazy around here. Now that we're talking about going to Japan there is a lot to do with timers going: we have to get the dogs screened 180+ days before leaving to avoid quarantine, girls and I need to be medically cleared, and DH needs to get orders so we can set up move and everything. It's so frustrating because each step can bring up something that cancels the whole thing (especially medical) so we haven't told anyone outside family and immediate friends until it's OFFICIAL.

On top of that, LO had all her one year appts (doing awesome!!!), DD6 is out with my ILs and I'm aching being apart for so long (two weeks!!!), and I have to run around and do everything that I couldn't do when ILs were here (clean house, return clothes, go through girls' clothes since they both grew 10 feet...)

Still, I did manage to fit some changing in. DD6 has wanted to do BBB one more time but DH and I thought twice was enough. Well, since it's looking VERY likely we will have our household goods packed up before Christmas, we're surprising her with BBB during our trip. We figure if all the grandparents want to throw in, we can do the whole glitz package, otherwise it's just hair and nails. That way we won't have to pack a bunch of gifts and ship or haul them on the plane.

Also, Disney screwing with the EMH has wonked out the first part of my Sept trip - we had PM EMH planned one night that isn't there anymore... and is the only night for MSEP and Wishes in 3 days, so we are swapping with one HS morning and that means ADRs have to change. So, instead of doing CP and GG on the same day (lots of character and too much food), we're doing CP, cancelling GG, doing Tusker the next AM, and planning on just grabbing QS and milkshakes at HS that night. I hate giving up GG (it's a staple!) but I just think this works better.

I hope all is well and everyone is having a great summer! :grouphug: and :dance3: to everyone!!!

omg, it does sound crazy at your house. I hope you have some of your sanity left when you make it to Japan. I can't wait for y'all to get moved in, so we can start reading about all your adventures.

:wave2:

Hello! Finally found this thread! :yay:
Time is ticking! :hourglass
62 days to go!

Glad you guys are doing better!!! No fun when everyone is down.

I am so excited for your trip! Not only does it mean mine is right behind but since you are taking your LO, I'm eager to read how it all goes over!!! Our LO has gotten into Minnie and Sofia the First over the last few weeks - she has helped herself to two of older sister's stuffed toys since DD6 has been gone - and I'm eager to introduce her to the magic!!!

Most of the highs over the next 10 days are in the triple digits here. The lack of Florida humidity is one of the things I will not miss on my girls only trip in December.
We did dance with triples today (102 by my car's measure, 100 by the bank) and no storms until tomorrow... maybe. Bleh!

I won't lie - I had always heard about "Texas hot" and thought it was nothing like we get until we lived in Corpus... that was a totally different kind of hot than I'm used to! There is a definite scale of humid to dry (Florida -- Maryland -- Texas -- Wyoming -- Arizona) but because each area is so different (wet/dry/arid/elevated) each one is a total adjustment!
omg, it does sound crazy at your house. I hope you have some of your sanity left when you make it to Japan. I can't wait for y'all to get moved in, so we can start reading about all your adventures.
[/QUOTE]
I promise to write about each one - especially me trying to speak Japanese (I am awful with languages and have a slight southern drawl) DH is getting into it and wants to try to do Tokyo and HK and maybe catch Shanghai after it opens next year. He's like a kid - all i had to do is make it sound like a challenge and he's ready to 'win'... which means I win!
I have been scoping the resorts near Tokyo and I can guarantee I will be an RC in spirit even if not in practice (it can be harder to cancel in Japan). DH was thinking of trying to do Disney when we first get there before we put DD6 in school (and during a non-holiday time) and I'm already torn between on-property and off! :rotfl2:

BTW - I highly, HIGHLY recommend checking out Tokyo Disney weddings on Google image search. They are AHHHHHMAZING! (I also love that lurkyloo - the cake chatter DISer - keeps popping up in the photos!!!) I am totally enamored with the wedding dresses!!!!!

Okay, back to RCing:
OPINIONS PLEASE:
~~~~~ Tusker Breakfast v. Tusker Lunch v. Garden Grill ~~~~~

Hi all....just popping to in to say I had a lovely meet up today with our very own JanetB and family! Janet it was a lovely day and you captured my girls hearts. :flower3: can't wait to see you again in August! :hourglass

The kiddos know about our adults only trip now....it was only a matter of time LOL. :goodvibes They got a talk about how some couples like to getaway to places like Las Vegas or the Caribbean, but Mommy and Daddy love Disney so that is where we are going! :lmao:

We got the "well you better think of us when you are there, and bring us back something!" Ummmmm excuse me? You will be there 3 weeks from. Now my dears! ;)

Dmngal: wishing you pixie dust for Japan!pixiedust:
Wookie: good for you for the walking....you can do it!!:cheer2:
Candace: :wave2:
Piglet girl: hope you all feel better now
Christine: I vote for bunking with Linda!:rotfl2:
Linda: you are my hero with that split!:worship:
Jeanette: LMAO about the training walks with motivation!:upsidedow:grouphug:
Miss: pop in here more my friend!::yes::
Amanda: we are finally going stroller free too! Whoot!:cool1:

Thanks. I'm starting small. I'm just walking to the end of the street and back. It isn't a really short street, but it's not super long either. I may look for an app so I can track how much I am doing. Then on the night my mil feels like walking, I'll walk with her in the evenings as well. I really feel like I need to train for this upcoming trip. I'm used to having frequent stops because of the DH needing them. I won't have that with my friend since she'll be in a scooter. I need to be able to keep up with her.
Keeping up with a scooter, that's not fair :moped::rotfl2: Walking in the morning or evening when the sun isn't beating down is really nice :thumbsup2

Oh yeah, I can already see me having to threaten him with making him stay home with Grammy instead of coming with us. :rotfl: Whenever we went to US & IoA the day before our cruise this March, he was sooooo whiny by the end of the day. I had to give him a piggyback ride to the car. I'm really worried about this "no stroller" thing. :worried:

WOW! :worship: My max is 2 resorts per trip. :laughing:

This will only be our 2nd time doing a split stay, so let me ask all of you experts a question. On the 2nd day of our trip, we'll be moving from POFQ to SSR. I want to go to MK this morning and then (hopefully) our room will be ready in the afternoon @ SSR so that we can rest before MNSSHP. What is the best way to go about switching resorts? Should I just check in very early @ SSR even though I know my room won't be ready then & then proceed to MK opening? Or should I just wait to check in @ SSR when we leave MK that afternoon?
Oh yes, the circle of carry...that happened to us at US/IoA too. Last time I had a wheelchair, how did I end up pushing with the bad ankle...Now it's between DD7 and DS5 wanting to be carried, DD7 is the smallest of all the kids so she usually gets some carry time.

For the split stay, I wonder if the check-in they are testing will be active so the room keys will be on your MB when your room is ready....hmm. I think going for rope drop, I'd check in. But that is my OCD...you guys are driving so it's not fat to hit SSR from POFQ...then you are all set to hit your room after the parks.

Tusker House is awesome though! I hear you on the changes. :faint: I guess it's not so nice when others change for us :duck:
180 days for Tokyo, well it's very Disney-like, and it is very exciting! Sorry you are missing your DD6 but she is having a blast I bet, and YAY on LO acing her appointments!!!:lovestruc

62 days to go!
Tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We have strep in our house now, only conquered two so far...hopefully that is it!

See you say you'd like a trip with me but you just might want to think that over! No telling what you are getting yourself into!!!
:rotfl: But all fun!!!!

Hi all....just popping to in to say I had a lovely meet up today with our very own JanetB and family! Janet it was a lovely day and you captured my girls hearts. :flower3: can't wait to see you again in August! :hourglass

The kiddos know about our adults only trip now....it was only a matter of time LOL. :They got a talk about how some couples like to getaway to places like Las Vegas or the Caribbean, but Mommy and Daddy love Disney so that is where we are going!

We got the "well you better think of us when you are there, and bring us back something!" Ummmmm excuse me? You will be there 3 weeks from. Now my dears! ;)
The impromptu visit with JanetB is so cool!!!:cool1: And I am glad the girls are cool with the Mommy and Daddy trip, although I knew they would be!!!:goodvibes

Janet when you get a chance my trip is actually 8/16 - 9/1. There I go adding on more days! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

Jenny: That's so great that you & Janet got to meet up.

And I'm so jealous of the adults-only trip. My DH & I very seldom go on adults only trips but I can never bring myself to book WDW without my DS. I feel so guilty just thinking about it. I really need to get over that! :rotfl2:

For the split stay, I wonder if the check-in they are testing will be active so the room keys will be on your MB when your room is ready....hmm. I think going for rope drop, I'd check in. But that is my OCD...you guys are driving so it's not fat to hit SSR from POFQ...then you are all set to hit your room after the parks.

Yeah, I'm pretty OCD myself. :rolleyes1 I do think since we'll have a rental car that I should probably go to SSR before going to MK that morning. Surely, it shouldn't take that much extra time. Glad to know SSR isn't far from POFQ!

Hi RCers! :wave2: Oh my, page 6 and I am just popping on here now. I shall hang my head in RC shame... :guilty: Glad to see the RC is humming right along, though. :thumbsup2 FB just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to RCing. :sad:

We just got back from NC and had a star spangled 4th. Good weather in the mountains and friends from Miami popped in for a visit. Now I am a Candlelight Processional planning fool, as always. So far, I've made 3 ADRs for Candlelight packages that will all be used. :lmao: I'm such a sucker for that show.:santa: I do wish more presenters were announced, though. Too much guesswork.

PAS130, dare I ask where you are staying now? I saw you thank a certain someone on FB for a certain something. :rolleyes1 Oh, and you'll never guess where my cuz from St C's hospital is moving... :donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter