• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
This is true for me too! It used to say something like "free dining recovery offer" and now just says "Disney Dining Plan Plus" How odd.

Could it be that they are converting the "free dining" to appear like "paid dining" in the system so they can give us a refund/package price reduction equal to the dining plan amount?!?!? OMG, don't want to get hopes up, but that would be spectacular.
A value resort in August is about $150 per night rack rate. If that's the case, a family of four staying at a value resort with quick service dining in August would actually stay for free, plus, be paid over $50 per night to stay there. Wonderful. Sure. But highly doubtful.

From DTA:

UPDATE - MAY 29, 2020: Notifications for Guests with dining plans

As you know, as part of our plans for a phased reopening of Walt Disney World® Resort, we have made the difficult decision to cancel existing dining and experience bookings through the end of the year. For your awareness, Guests with these bookings are receiving notifications from Disney that their reservations will be impacted.

Today notifications are going to Guests with promotional or paid dine plans. Please see below for examples of the letters your Clients are receiving.

SAMPLE DINE PLAN LETTER - Resort hotel Guests who purchased Dining Plan, have a Dine/Experience Reservation

Resort hotel Guests who purchased Dining Plan, have a Dine/Experience Reservation and tickets

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided.

Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. The price of the package will be adjusted accordingly and your modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details about the process to secure new reservations, including our new dining and experience reservation window which will accommodate selections up to 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

SAMPLE FREE DINE PLAN LETTER - Resort hotel Guests who are booked on a Free Dining package

Resort hotel guests who are booked on a Free Dining package w/ ticket

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided.

Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details about the process to secure new reservations, including our new dining and experience reservation window which will accommodate selections up to 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

September 27-October 4
POP
Surname "L"
Recovery free dining
No email yet, everything still in MDE

Just received the email (9:18pm, May 29th), but everything is still in MDE. Received automatic 35% off current package:

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

Same as above, 35% off our room rate. It doesn’t quite break even but it’s better than just pulling the plan.

Same as above, 35% off our room rate. It doesn’t quite break even but it’s better than just pulling the plan.

We never get a dining plan bc we don't eat enough to get full value but I was looking forward to trying it since it was free. Oh well. For us, 35% will save us just over $500 on the room so that will pay for most of our food. I can live with that

August 21 - 28
YC
Surname “C”
Recovery Free Dining
35% Off Current Package (Room Portion)

Just got email
Had YC first week of August with free dining recovery
Email stated that we would get 35% off room portion of this package.
not sure we’re ready to travel this summer. Was hoping for the 35% off later booking—has anyone actually gotten that offer??

I just got my email. I don’t what other People’s emails will say because I am already booked at the FW Cabins at in the park opening time frame. They are taking 35% off my cabin for my current trip instead of the dining plan. I am good with this.

Just got the email! 35% the room portion of our package! I think I can make this work! I may be able to salvage our summer trip. As long as my APs that expired during the closing are extended and I can reduce or eliminate the package tix, I can make this work.

“As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.”

I wonder if the cancellation/final payment rules on packages have been adjusted. I’d hate to have to make a final decision before the parks actually reopen and I can see how modified things are, what restaurants, pools, etc. are open.

No email yet and my ADRs (and experiences) have yet to be cancelled. (We had the summer free dining deal.)

Scratch that. Just an hour later and the email arrived. I got the 35% of the room portion of my current reservation offer. My ADRs have not been removed yet, nor has my remaining balance been changed.

Last edited:
For those of you with the 35% offer, have adjustments already been made in your MDE?
47162, member: 576997"]
For those of you with the 35% offer, have adjustments already been made in your MDE?
[/QUOTE]
I just checked mine and the balance has not yet been adjusted.

Here is the info I Just got from a TA friend, She said things are changing and was told to tell her clients that,

Beyond what has been posted about the 35% discount, is that people will be refunded for park hoppers And they will not be selling them foe the time being

She also shared that not all resorts will be opening from that start and that it appears people will be moved to the properties of the DVC resorts, Guests will have no option as to which one either,

She did say the tentative plan is for reservations starting July 11th.

Here is the info I Just got from a TA friend, She said things are changing and was told to tell her clients that,

Beyond what has been posted about the 35% discount, is that people will be refunded for park hoppers And they will not be selling them foe the time being

She also shared that not all resorts will be opening from that start and that it appears people will be moved to the properties of the DVC resorts, Guests will have no option as to which one either,

She did say the tentative plan is for reservations starting July 11th.
So, if we’re booked at Poly, would we be moved to the Poly villas? Don’t love the lack of two real beds, but remaining flexible is the name of the game

Nope, everything is still in my MDE. We hadn’t hit our FP+ date yet, but MDE shows our hotel package, tickets and many ADRs. 😢 And the package price is still the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter